TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPCOT Explorer

It's not a bad script at all. Honestly, people are overreacting because they were in love with the last one.

It hearkens back to the glory days of WDW, and it's much more cohesive for the current Tomorrowland. It's a change for sure, and if there's one thing most WDWMagic members hate, it's change.
So why fix it if it ain't broke?:shrug:

I do agree that it's a newer version of a older narr. which I REALLY do appreciate. I just want them to make it fit in.

Change? Nope. I'm fine with it. (change The Seas with Ne..wrong thread!:lookaroun) but there's a point where Disney can make changes with respect to nostalgia.

EPCOT Explorer

Its not a good script at all, and you keep labeling everyone that does not like the new script as one of the "ALL CHANGE IS BAD!!!" complainers.

I am all for changes, when they are GOOD. For example, the recent changes to the Haunted Mansion - all tastefully done, all good.

This script is completely uninspired and the delivered by a person that does not fit the atmosphere at all. Its disgustingly sugary and sweet and robbed the attraction of any sort of cohesive theme.

Compare it to the narration on the WDW Railroad. That narration stays in character with the lands, rather than suggesting "This is Adventureland! Be sure to check out the hilarious show, The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management!" Iago: Squak! Thats right ya bird brains!" and follow Jack Sparrow as he searches for treasure on the new and improved Pirates of the Caribbean!", etc.

The train's narration gives you an overview of the lands, while staying cohesive with the theme of the lands and their attractions, without seeming like a blatant advertisement and nothing more.

One of the biggest reasons people loved the previous narration is because the announcements and chimes greatly enhanced the Tomorrowland atmosphere. TTA is Tomorrowland, and its shocking that the Imagineers didn't take that into consideration when creating this new narration. I wouldn't have minded that much if they had at least used an appropriate voice, for example, the female voice currently as you enter Space Mountain.

So please stop labeling everyone who doesn't like it as another whiner resistant to change. We hate it because its so incredibily generic a lot more than because we will miss hearing our cheesy jokes.
Exactly. Winner of the thread, here.
The TTA doesn't give you an "overview"? What if a robot talking? I'm sure if a robot was talking this thing would of been a smash hit. Isn't that sad? BTW, when they tell you there's an attraction that doesn't mean they're advertising blatantly. They already got what they wanted: your 79 dollar admission. They could care less if you visited Mike's comedy club.

It's honestly a generic ride. The narration should not make it a horrible ride. If the view sucked, then yes it'd drastically effect my opinion... but all this? Just plug in your iPod and download the old narration if it pains you that bad. :hammer:
No, that's almost what we used to had. And it fit the theme.

Right now, this does not fit the theme of TL very well. Will it? Maybe...in the future.

Tom Morrow

Your opinion because you seem to be obsessed with the old narration. I find that it hearkens back to the glory days of the Wedway Peoplemover, and the cohesive theme is still there, whether you want to see it or not.:wave:
I'm not actually obsessed with the old narration. I will miss it, but I honestly, seriously would not care all that much if they had replaced it with something better than what they did.

There have been many times in recent history where a change was made that made me think "Well, I will miss _______, but this is good too!" This is just not one of them.

Also, I was aware of the pre-94 narrations before this, and I thought they were cheesy as well, and I'm upset that they decided to go back to that style.

So you could say I only liked the previous narration for nostalgic reasons (but that isn't all of it), but thats exactly the same reason you prefer the pre-'94 style. It doesn't make your opinion better or more correct than mine (or anyone else who dislikes this new narration), which is what you seem to be trying to imply.

Exactly.:lol: There is nothing WRONG with the TTAP narr....save for the fact that it sticks out like a sore thumb when compared to the rest of the style of the land.:lol:

Wow your absolutely right it dosent fit. Ummm maybe thats cause they are leaving the theme of the 94' refurb behind:rolleyes:

I think well see where the Imagineers are going with this when space mountain opens, and as well as when we begin to see more changes through the land. And im not talking about the visual theme (they will keep that with minor changes, look at the new sm scheme) overall theme of the land (back story)

SirGoofy

So you could say I only liked the previous narration for nostalgic reasons (but that isn't all of it), but thats exactly the same reason you prefer the pre-'94 style. It doesn't make your opinion better or more correct than mine (or anyone else who dislikes this new narration), which is what you seem to be trying to imply.

Ah...but I don't prefer the new style.;)

It honestly makes no difference to me, and I'm attempting to look at it with an unbiased viewpoint.

EPCOT Explorer

It will. Tomorrowland is a land in transition, give it some time.

But, in all honesty this is a change with respect to nostalgia. The old style narration was around a good 9 years longer than the TTA version.:shrug:

1. We only have been thinking and postulating about that. there have not been "rumblings" or info leaking in for a while now.
  2. Huh?:confused::shrug::lookaroun
Wow your absolutely right it dosent fit. Ummm maybe thats cause they are leaving the theme of the 94' refurb behind:rolleyes:

I think well see where the Imagineers are going with this when space mountain opens, and as well as when we begin to see more changes through the land. And im not talking about the visual theme (they will keep that with minor changes, look at the new sm scheme) overall theme of the land (back story)
Like I said...possible, but improbable. I don't want to assume anything.

1. Like I said...possible, but improbable. I don't want to assume anything.

1. I couldnt help but think of time keeper. (jules and hg's conversation about time travel and a flight to the moon) cant think of the exact quote, but it went like; "impossible sir, no, improbable maybe, but impossible no."

panther726

Its not a good script at all, and you keep labeling everyone that does not like the new script as one of the "ALL CHANGE IS BAD!!!" complainers.

I am all for changes, when they are GOOD. For example, the recent changes to the Haunted Mansion - all tastefully done, all good.

This script is completely uninspired and the delivered by a person that does not fit the atmosphere at all. Its disgustingly sugary and sweet and robbed the attraction of any sort of cohesive theme.

Compare it to the narration on the WDW Railroad. That narration stays in character with the lands, rather than suggesting "This is Adventureland! Be sure to check out the hilarious show, The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management!" Iago: Squak! Thats right ya bird brains!" and follow Jack Sparrow as he searches for treasure on the new and improved Pirates of the Caribbean!", etc.

The train's narration gives you an overview of the lands, while staying cohesive with the theme of the lands and their attractions, without seeming like a blatant advertisement and nothing more.

One of the biggest reasons people loved the previous narration is because the announcements and chimes greatly enhanced the Tomorrowland atmosphere. TTA is Tomorrowland, and its shocking that the Imagineers didn't take that into consideration when creating this new narration. I wouldn't have minded that much if they had at least used an appropriate voice, for example, the female voice currently as you enter Space Mountain.

So please stop labeling everyone who doesn't like it as another whiner resistant to change. We hate it because its so incredibily generic a lot more than because we will miss hearing our cheesy jokes.
Opinon.:wave:

TTA isn't Tomorrowland. Space Mountain is Tomorrowland. Ask anyone the first thing they think of when they hear "Tomorrowland'. They'll say Space Mountain.

The reason I don't mind the drastic change is because the TTA really isn't a major attraction. Normal guests don't go to Tomorrowland primarily to ride the TTA. People go for Space Mountain.

_Scar

No, that's almost what we used to had. And it fit the theme.

Right now, this does not fit the theme of TL very well. Will it? Maybe...in the future.

Yes, that is like what we used to have... but you're missing my point of how the voice shouldn't matter.

And how is giving a description of the attraction like it was read off a park map a bad thing? I don't get it.

hpyhnt 1000

Yes, that is like what we used to have... but you're missing my point of how the voice shouldn't matter.

And how is giving a description of the attraction like it was read off a park map a bad thing? I don't get it.

Its not. Its just that its usually not very entertaining to listen to for 10 minutes. :shrug:

panther726

Because there are no corny jokes.:rolleyes:

_Scar

Its not. Its just that its usually not very entertaining to listen to for 10 minutes. :shrug:

What do you hear it for SGE? MILF? Buzz? A sentence or two each time... and you can't handle that? :lol:

This thread is one giant corny joke. :lol:

1. We only have been thinking and postulating about that. there have not been "rumblings" or info leaking in for a while now.

1. One can assume though because obviously the Imagineers are going in a different direction with the peoplemover, as well as the new color scheme and refurbishment of space mountain.

hpyhnt 1000

What do you hear it for SGE? MILF? Buzz? A sentence or two each time... and you can't handle that? :lol:

Its a preference. :lol: :shrug: I liked the story elements of the last narration (as far as the "rocketshipping" from Mickey's Star Traders, Mr. Johnson as the traffic reporter, coming from Galaxy M31, etc.) Narrations based on guidemap text usually lack elements such as those. And the character voices aren't even close to a substitute for them. (IMHO of course. ;))

Technically your not listening to your riding, with the added bonus of a spiel, and most of the spiel right now is just backround music there is probably a total of about 3-4 mins of talking(one of the reasons I dont think its fully complete.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom