TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicmaya

That's It! Here's the deal. were'e going to put a whole bunch of tape over the TTA speakers.
I'm in charge of the speakers inside of SM :lookaroun

DubyooDeeDubyoo

I just finished reading this thread. Man, you people and your internet tough guy threats! You guys are a bunch of wimps. They could do so much worse things with an elevated LIM track, and I should know because I rode Rocket Rods back in the day. The apathetic attempts at enthusiasm in that video tell you all you need to know.

As a PersonMoved since the original DL one was in operation, the track is okay. It's not as sugary as the female voice talking over the horns and flutes that I remember from long ago (oh my god, character voices! RUN!), and I actually think it's slightly more informative than the last and certainly much MUCH more listenable. I never liked NOW ARRIVING and I absolutely detested the THIS IS STAR COMMAND shouting that bounced all over the walls in the last corridor, annoying you all the way out of the tunnel.

I always thought it was weird that they pitched Space Mountain to riders as "another TTA service." It would almost make a complete novice think it was a slow ride. On the other hand, the DL track of my youth called Space "one of the most exciting attractions" and, the first time I ever rode, freaked me out by saying "here's a sample of the high speeds in Space Mountain," making me think the PM was going to kick it into 30MPH.

FigmentJedi

Just actually took a look on YouTube. I'm not seeing it as the end of the world, but it is bad. Really lacks that whole in-universe feel the old narration had, plus Corey Burton's voice is a MUCH better announcer voice.

kcnole

While I'm not crazy about the voice used, and the script still needs some work, I do like the direction of this new script. I really didn't like the old narration at all.

ryanduggers

it sounds like a work in progress. Hopefully they get it squared away (especially around Space Mountain) by the time we get there in dec.

Don't give up yet, who would have expected to hear "peoplemover" again?

it sounds like a work in progress. Hopefully they get it squared away (especially around Space Mountain) by the time we get there in dec.

Don't give up yet, who would have expected to hear "peoplemover" again?

Very true, and yes hopefully space mountain brings change along with it.

DubyooDeeDubyoo

Ok I just had to sign up to reply to this. I remember going on the peoplemover when I was like 6 hearing the narration about "heres a sample" and gripping the peoplemopver's metal bars for dear life as I braced myself for the inevitable! :ROFLOL:

If you remember, it sped up by quite a bit (probably about twice the speed) when rolling past the Starcade upper level and the limited-motion Stormtrooper animatronic hanging around up there in the window! It actually jerked around a little bit making an S-turn into Space, as the voice asked you remain seated because you were entering Space Mountain. Shortly after normal speeds returned, the voice said "here's a taste of the high speeds!" After what came before, any 6-8 year old would wonder where the seat belts are!:ROFLOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom