TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPCOT Explorer

I'm saying the pre-TTA spiel was around much longer than this previous narration.
And? There's nostalgia attached to this now, too.
I couldnt help but think of time keeper. (jules and hg's conversation about time travel and a flight to the moon) cant think of the exact quote, but it went like; "impossible sir, no, improbable maybe, but impossible no."
Where do you think I got the line from?:cool::D
Yes, that is like what we used to have... but you're missing my point of how the voice shouldn't matter.

And how is giving a description of the attraction like it was read off a park map a bad thing? I don't get it.
!?!?!

It's DISNEY. The narration, and all the details in a attraction matter. Disney details.

_Scar

!?!?!

It's DISNEY. The narration, and all the details in a attraction matter. Disney details.

The only details left out are.... the narration "details"? Do you consider sound to have detail? Mr Tom Morrow?

All the other details are still there.... why is this such a big deal?!

hpyhnt 1000

Funny, I thought the voice of the narrator was one of the strong points of the new spiel.

I guess it's not as exciting as the old monotone narration...:rolleyes:

At least Mr. Monotone knew where to stress certain words and phrases rather than breathlessly running through the narration as fast as one can. And the mix of male and female voices was better as well IMHO. :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

Thought so:lol:
;)
So there's nostalgia on both sides, making it a fairly moot argument in this case.
True.

But, save for the fact that TTAP sticks out like a sore thumb in TL94.
The only details left out are.... the narration "details"? Do you consider sound to have detail? Mr Tom Morrow?

All the other details are still there.... why is this such a big deal?!
Heck yes.:rolleyes::shrug: How can you not?

At least Mr. Monotone knew where to stress certain words and phrases rather than breathlessly running through the narration as fast as one can. And the mix of male and female voices was better as well IMHO. :shrug:
For me, it's not even that. It's the lack of cohesive theme here. It's not SciFi at all.

:lol:

Like Nemo in EPCOT. Great and awesomely themed attraction...but in the wrong themed area. But let's not get into that. Sean gets mad.:lookaroun:lol:;)

So if it was just the voice of "Mr. Monotone" with none if the bings or the "now approaching" youd like it?

I have a feeling that the new spiel is not a finished product and more details much like the bings and other sound affects will be added in. (hopefully)

hpyhnt 1000

So if it was just the voice of "Mr. Monotone" with none if the bings or the "now approaching" youd like it?

I have a feeling that the new spiel is not a finished product and more details much like the bings and other sound affects will be added in. (hopefully)

In all honesty, yes. The bings were nice, and the announcer made for some nice memorable quotes, but overall, I liked the deeper voice of the older narration.

I do hope along with you that further details will be coming to the new narration to add a bit more... I don't know, personality I guess. :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

It would only help! And yeah, the chime is needed!

dxwwf3

lacks that "Disney" touch even though it's more Disney than ever before?

How is the new track "more Disney than ever before"? Just because they added short character snippets (that are pretty much useless, IMO) to the track in no way makes the attraction "more Disney" in my eyes. Unfortunately many people think that the best way to make something more Disney is to add pre existing characters to it and I think that is really sad. The TTA track was 100,000% pure Disney. The puns, jokes and backstory theme of that narration were as Disney as it gets.

Again, I'm not in the this new track is absolutely horrible crowd, but I do not equate more characters always equaling "more Disney".

panther726

How is the new track "more Disney than ever before"? Just because they added short character snippets (that are pretty much useless, IMO) to the track in no way makes the attraction "more Disney" in my eyes. Unfortunately many people think that the best way to make something more Disney is to add pre existing characters to it and I think that is really sad. The TTA track was 100,000% pure Disney. The puns, jokes and backstory theme of that narration was as Disney as it gets.

Again, I'm not in the this new track is absolutely horrible crowd, but I do not equate more characters always equaling "more Disney".
I agree, but in this day and age, characters equal "more Disney".

_Scar

How is the new track "more Disney than ever before"? Just because they added short character snippets (that are pretty much useless, IMO) to the track in no way makes the attraction "more Disney" in my eyes. Unfortunately many people think that the best way to make something more Disney is to add pre existing characters to it and I think that is really sad. The TTA track was 100,000% pure Disney. The puns, jokes and backstory theme of that narration was as Disney as it gets.

Was the robot voice more Disney than actual Disney characters (including Mickey) talking during TTA. :lol: What do you think is more "Disney"? Mr Tom Morrow spiel? You guys gotta face its gone...

EPCOT Explorer

... what? Mr. Tom Morrow is detail? And without it.... it's bland and lacks that "Disney" touch even though it's more Disney than ever before?
:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, _Scar, but that's clueless. Disney used to RUN entire parks and attractions without characters. It was perfectly Disney. It was unique. It was original. IT WORKED.

This worked, too.

Just because everything has had characters infused in it in "modern times" or when you grew up with Disney, doesn't mean it always was, or always has to be.

Here we go again with finding a happy medium, again....

EXACTLY.
I agree, but in this day and age, characters equal "more Disney".
Shame. They used to be better than that.
Was the robot voice more Disney than actual Disney characters (including Mickey) talking during TTA. :lol: What do you think is more "Disney"? Mr Tom Morrow spiel? You guys gotta face its gone...
No, but it was unique and different. Something disney should be. Not the same thing over and over again.

Though, you can hear Mickey's new voice in the TTAP. Sounds much like his successor. I approve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom