Tower of Terror to get updates this summer

Lee

Adventurer
Rampant wimpery.........
Working on a vaccine....but those most afflicted are afraid of the injection.

I haven't done Story Time with Belle or Triceretops Spin...do those count as not having Level 1 status? :shrug:
Maybe. It depends.
To clarify:
-Things such as story times, castle shows, meet and greets, and character meals do not count toward your fan level, as they are not rides, and are therefore generally useless.
- Rides that you haven't ridden due to logistical issues (ie: Haven't been on Everest because you haven't been to AK since it opened.) do not count against you. However, you would be required to ride the attraction at the first available opportunity.
- Rides such as Dumbo, Aladdin, and Triceratops are the same thing. Doing one is sufficient for getting the credit.

Tell Mrs. Lee that, like yours, these "scientifically" sound "measurements" are nil when measuring qualitative information.
I disagree. Mostly becaues I am always right.:D
Don't worry little buckaroo....one day you can achieve level one, or even higher, if you continue to hang around questionable characters such as our little meal group.

jt04

Maybe. It depends.
To clarify:
-Things such as story times, castle shows, meet and greets, and character meals do not count toward your fan level, as they are not rides, and are therefore generally useless.
- Rides that you haven't ridden due to logistical issues (ie: Haven't been on Everest because you haven't been to AK since it opened.) do not count against you. However, you would be required to ride the attraction at the first available opportunity.
- Rides such as Dumbo, Aladdin, and Triceratops are the same thing. Doing one is sufficient for getting the credit.

Huh?:shrug: Why no DAK? Have you even been to AKL?

WDITrent

Maybe Tower of Terror is getting a Yeti !!:ROFLOL:

CoasterKing :king:
No. The last thing we need is another Yeti.

could this mean a more extreme type drop sequence? yea, the current ones are thrilling but i think it could definitely be kicked up a notch.
Well, I do know that DCA's drop profile is a bit more intense than WDW's four, with longer drops and a zero-gravity move that's probably the most disorienting and intense part of the ride.

EPCOT Explorer

Maybe. It depends.
To clarify:

I disagree. Mostly becaues I am always right.:D
Don't worry little buckaroo....one day you can achieve level one, or even higher, if you continue to hang around questionable characters such as our little meal group.
Seems I am at a Level 1 for MK and EC, then! :lol::rolleyes:

DHS and DAK are at Level 2, but DAK should soon be fixed in June....and yes, The Meal Group (I prefer to think of it as the Doom and Gloomer Association- cooler name.) seems to be a good thing to repeat. :cool:

MKCP 1985

ToT is awesome - and I just love the way it keeps getting better and better with age. It's a true classic in every sense.

LIKE! :sohappy:

Tower Of Terror is my favourite of all rides in Florida. Nothing beats the whole feel of the ride from the queue to the load area to the ride itself. Absolutely gagging to hear what is to happen to it and hopefully it can be integrated before my trip in May.

Agreed! :king:

could this mean a more extreme type drop sequence? yea, the current ones are thrilling but i think it could definitely be kicked up a notch.

At the after-parties for Tower of Terror 13K race in 2008 and Disney Marathon 2010, the drop sequences were extended and awesome! At least it seemed that way to the people in our group.

Figment1986

hmm.. if they do nightly fireworks around TOT that means TOT cannot operate for a given amount of time before or after... which means the summer changes would be limited in time to operate... and the queue would be capped at a certain time so everyone can ride that was already in the 3 hour line :lookaroun

meanwhile RNRC might also have to close pending where launching sites could be... funny how disney thinks fireworks can solve anything... when in reality.. they only assist with helping ;)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Orlando Business Journal reports:

But they also say Disney just announced doubling Dumbo's capacity. Grain of salt taken.

LOL someones got their wires crossed there in that report. They have blended MMM fireworks in with the Tower upgrades. The Tower isnt getting a fireworks show LOL

fitzy2004

Hopefully these effects and the new drop profile are permanent. I'm sure they will be but it said created especially for “Summer Nightastic!” So I was curious.

CaptainMichael

Great to hear new effects/drop profiles for TOT! :sohappy::D

Hopefully, they may have a drop profile that is straight down from the tip top of the shaft all the way down. And that some effects/visuals may return.

And that's an order. :lookaroun:lol:
I would die from its awesomeness if that happened.

ToT is too tame in its current incarnation.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom