Tower of Terror to get updates this summer

Disneyson 1

What's the furthest you drop at one time on ToT (I know it's random, but sorta the average amount of feet). I hate free-fall, but I now feel I must go on this ride... :D

I think it CAN drop all the way down the shaft, but depending on your "drop pattern", it changes.

EpcotServo

A poor move, considering most people who complain on internet forums are scared of riding Tower.

BOOM! Zing!

Epcot "Kick em' while their down" Servo has left the building

...I mean, thread.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ride the lift furthest to the left. One way they can improve on it is to correct the HORRIBLE sound. You can't even hear the music.
Tower has had issues all year with the audio; it has been constantly tweaked and messed with as they went off laserdisc. Timings and audio levels have been here there and everywhere. And of course they`ve been tweaking and adding things for the future.

WDW_Jon

Probably none. It will be done one side at a time, or even overnight. ToT has never really had a total downtime in all it's years.

REALLY?? :shrug: I hope so........

I hope this is true, and I'm not really sure when this update is happening but I got a bit nervy about it maybe closing at some stage and possibly the last half of April when we visit! :cry:

If it did It would be horrific for us as that is our favourite attraction! :animwink:

DisneyWales

WOW, now I'm super excited for my trip in September!!!

ToT is my all time favourite attraction at WDW, so this makes my 2010 trip complete.

paul436

ToT is awesome - and I just love the way it keeps getting better and better with age. It's a true classic in every sense.
So very true. This one never gets old. One of the best parts is watching the first time riders (yes, it's easy to spot them :animwink:) squirm a bit on the queue.

EPCOT Explorer

Not unexpected. Been hearing about it in bits and pieces for a while.
Only question is what the enhancements will be. I've heard a couple things...some of which could really have a nice impact.

Yep. I've been told that audio is a priority.

Note: It is official. Being a true Disney park fan is like spiritual enlightenment. You can't achieve it until you have experienced every attraction. Sorry. Not riding ToT is cause for a demotion to some lower tier of fandom. :rolleyes:
:fork:

:lol:

How D23 of you, Lee. :D You should know by now that you can't measure how much of a fan someone is based on readership or attendance.

Am I a fan of the ToT concept? Sure. Looks like an awesome ride, and I'm thrilled that it's getting this huge, unique, quality upgrade.

Am I a fan of having my stomach in my throat and nausea? Sorry, no.:lol:

captainkidd

If they "plus" it any more by adding more drops, I think I'll be done with it. Depending on the drop sequence, the ride makes me want to lose my lunch after the 2nd or 3rd yo-yo movement.
I think an immediate short drop, followed by the doors opening at the top, followed by another short drop, throw in some special effects, go back to the top, and drop the big one, and that's enough.

And I agree - The audio is all messed up lately.

Lee

Adventurer
How D23 of you, Lee. :D You should know by now that you can't measure how much of a fan someone is based on readership or attendance.

Willingness to ride each and every ride is a very accurate (scientifically proven!) way to measure the level of one's...um....fanship. I know this to be true because I just decided that it was. (Actually, I ran the theory past the wife. She agreed, using her typically colorful language, that I was correct.)
Fear has no place in the heart of a true Disney park fan.
Seriously.

Level one fan - one who's been on every attraction at least once.
Level two fan - one who claims to love the place, but refuses to experience everything it has to offer, for any reason whatsoever. (Barring medical conditions. Exceptions will be made in those cases, though a note from a licensed physician will be required.)
Level three fan - Doesn't matter. None of those hang around here anyway.

:D

devoy1701

Willingness to ride each and every ride is a very accurate (scientifically proven!) way to measure the level of one's...um....fanship. I know this to be true because I just decided that it was. (Actually, I ran the theory past the wife. She agreed, using her typically colorful language, that I was correct.)
Seriously.

Level two fan - one who claims to love the place, but refuses to experience everything it has to offer, for any reason whatsoever. (Barring medical conditions. Exceptions will be made in those cases, though a note from a licensed physician will be required.)

I haven't done Story Time with Belle or Triceretops Spin...do those count as not having Level 1 status? :shrug:

DiPSU224

Listening to Tower BGM right now! My favorite ride of all time...just unbelieveable.

I'm actually considering booking a quick summer trip to see these Nightastic additions...those house repairs can wait...right??:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Seriously.

Tell Mrs. Lee that, like yours, these "scientifically" sound "measurements" are nil when measuring qualitative information. I too, would like to be colorful, but this is a family site, Lee. However, we can talk about Trees, Main Streets, and allusions to Castles. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom