Tower of Terror to get updates this summer

Spike-in-Berlin

It is an amazing attraction. It's one of the few that I can safely say is amazing from queue line to end. I can't wait to see what's in store for it this summer! :D

Have you ever read about the ORIGINAL design which was, of course, much more elaborated and much longer than the built attraction? Don't get me wrong I love ToT, it's a major reason to go to DHS as many of the other attractions are dated (GMR) or boring (that car stunt show, I don't even care about the name). But again they downsized an attraction that could have been even better. Typical Eisnerian.

sorcerergoofy

Have you ever read about the ORIGINAL design which was, of course, much more elaborated and much longer than the built attraction? Don't get me wrong I love ToT, it's a major reason to go to DHS as many of the other attractions are dated (GMR) or boring (that car stunt show, I don't even care about the name). But again they downsized an attraction that could have been even better. Typical Eisnerian.

Where can I find the original design?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Eisner was the one that pushed to get ToT done. He was the one that suggested making it a resort that guests could stay in. It turned out to be unfeasible for a lot of reasons, but ToT was certainly no hatchet job. It was one of the most expensive attarctions ever built, and really pushed the envelope of what could be done.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't know any source in the net but it's shown in the book "Walt Disney Imagineering", an official disney publication by "The Imagineers".
Nah. The early renders as shown there were part of the Blue Sky sessions.

The Orlando tower more or less as is was locked down by mid 1992. Trust me. I spent 2 years researching the thing.

Jerm

Nah. The early renders as shown there were part of the Blue Sky sessions.

The Orlando tower more or less as is was locked down by mid 1992. Trust me. I spent 2 years researching the thing.

You did research on something?????? NEVER

Flashback to JIYI 2-3 years ago....

Cast Member 1 - "what is that guy in the sleeveless shirt doing jumping up and down all over the place?"

Cast Member 2 - "I am not sure, but he has been doing it for about an hour now!"

Cast member 1 - "Look at his Mickey tattoo!!! That must be the world famous Martin!!!"

Cast member 2 - "NO WAY!!!! I wonder what he is doing here, my friend said he was over at Tower of Terror for the past 3 days taking pictures and asking if they had some ToT shirt in stock????"

Cast Member 1 - "Well looks like we will have to wait and learn more about our attraction then anyone else here knows ones he puts up his video!"

Cast Member 2 - "Umm think we should stop him from taking measurement and laying on the floor tapping everywhere?"

Cast Member 1 - "Why bother, he has been the only person through the door for the first 2 hours.......I really wish they would bring back Dreamfinder!!!"

Cast Member 2 - "Me too.....me too!"

ttalovebug

Um, I'm pretty sure you're referring to some very early-on conept art. TOT was incredibly expensive and state-of-the-art. It wasn't a corner-cutting job at all.

mickey2008.1

Is it for sure only temporary? its seems kind of odd to update an atrraction(ride) with new things just to take them away in two months. Parades i understand, but a ride.:brick:

JoeZer

Steampunky Time Lord
I really think this needs to be expanded upon ....

This really needs to be expanded upon to account for more levels of fan...

Level 1 Silver (ridden all Level 1 plus)
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Skyway
Body Wars
ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
The Timekeeper
Sea Cabs
Superstar Television

Level 1 Gold (ridden all Level 1 Silver plus)
Horizons
World of Motion
Mission To Mars
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Tropical Serenade
Captain EO
Mike Fink Keel Boats
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes
Backstage Magic

Level 1 Plantinum (ridden all Level 1 Gold plus)
If You Had Wings
Magic Carpet 'Round the World
Mickey Mouse Revue
Magic Journeys (EPCOT)
Astuter Computer Revue

Level 1 Diamond (ridden all Level 1 Plantinum plus)
Swan Boats
Flight to the Moon

Get a plus (+) next to your level if you did the following:
- Played a video game in the Penny Arcade
- Participated in the EPCOT Poll
- Made a dining reservation in EPCOT using WorldKey
- Defeated SMRT-1
- Successfully loaded the airplane in Get Set Jet

What special level would be added for having done all those over the years and been chosen from the audience to be part of the magic show portion of the show at the Diamond Horseshoe back in the day? And Kitchen Kabaret and Food Rocks...

[Edited as I overlooked the "Flight to the Moon" mention alread...]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom