Toontown demolition has started!

jmick71

I feel bad for my family as a whole for the loss of Toontown - but I have to say that, at least as far as my own children were concerned, Toontown WAS Mickey and Minnie's houses. Yes, they enjoy the barnstormer and will still enjoy it. And yes they've frolicked in Donald's boat and the play area. But it was ALL about Mickey and Minnie's houses. Each time they visited they would discover something new to love in the houses. And each time we visited, I'd take their photo at the mailboxes outside.

New structurally sound and fancied up tents are not going to cut it as a replacement for Mickey and Minnie's homes. Not even close.

The first day we visit this storybook circus land, my kids, and I, are going to be so bummed. I am sad they will have their first disappointment with Disney so young.

Right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SBC will be disappointing They could have easily themed it allot differently and beter (neverland/ wonderland/ Better toontown)

juan

Right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SBC will be disappointing They could have easily themed it allot differently and beter (neverland/ wonderland/ Better toontown)

There's a little thing called $$$ that many people are forgetting.

Think of it this way: the original FLE plans had a budget of $10. TLM and BatB cost $3 each. The chateaus and pixie hollow used to cost $2 each. Since those plans got scrapped, there is still only $4 to spend. SW mine train will now cost $3 - more than what was originally planned for that area. Therefore, Pixie Hollow/Wonderland/Circusland is reduced to and now only has $1 to spend. Circusland is the cheapest choice and therefore might be viewed as less quality. But remember the money is being spent, just other places. :wave:

Lucky

Think of it this way: the original FLE plans had a budget of $10. TLM and BatB cost $3 each. The chateaus and pixie hollow used to cost $2 each. Since those plans got scrapped, there is still only $4 to spend. SW mine train will now cost $3 - more than what was originally planned for that area. Therefore, Pixie Hollow/Wonderland/Circusland is reduced to and now only has $1 to spend. Circusland is the cheapest choice and therefore might be viewed as less quality. But remember the money is being spent, just other places. :wave:
OK, but if they cut too much, they might be better off keeping what's there. Or what was there, until a few weeks ago.

Doombuggy13

Not going to miss it at all. Micky & Minnie's houses were cool but after the first time though, why bother going back? It never really appealed to my kids either. I feel bad for those who love it but, hey were getting something new, and maybe better.

montyz81

Well, didn't know toontown was going to get the 'horizons' treatment. Not that I mind.

Perhaps they should preserve some bits in little lucite cubes and sell them to the toontown fans.

I feel like I just removed a festering splinter from my foot. :wave:

Now build us something good. (See Haunted Mansion's new queue as an example of good)

PS- I see you 'One Little Spark'
Horizons was not a temporary birthday celebration turned into a land. It was far more permanent then MTTF was.

jmick71

but if they wanted the quality of a good land they should have kept it toon town until they had more money( and not throw away $1 mil to make a good Mini land and not just a cheep excuse of one to just put one in. lets be honest if any one is planning a trip to WDW because of FLE it is not because of SBL it would be because of the other part of it. so why not wait year or two focus on LM, BB, SDMT. then come back a year or two after they were completed and create a new wave of excitement for a new addition of a mini land (wonderland/neverland)

jt04

but if they wanted the quality of a good land they should have kept it toon town until they had more money( and not throw away $1 mil to make a good Mini land and not just a cheep excuse of one to just put one in. lets be honest if any one is planning a trip to WDW because of FLE it is not because of SBL it would be because of the other part of it. so why not wait year or two focus on LM, BB, SDMT. then come back a year or two after they were completed and create a new wave of excitement for a new addition of a mini land (wonderland/neverland)

Exactly. I also would rather they just landscape the area, maybe just create a first rate train station at this time, and then build a permanent land when they have the proper budget.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Exactly. I also would rather they just landscape the area, maybe just create a first rate train station at this time, and then build a permanent land when they have the proper budget.

Perhaps they will...after all Toontown was built as a temporary land to begin with.

JustInTime

My local Dairy Queen is having one of those this month, does that count?

No. No it doesn't. But I guess that if it works for you then drive down there. Let me know if the theme is as good as the first FLE plans were.

P.S. It's pretty cool that your Dairy Queen has/is getting Cinderella's Chateau and Aurora's Cottage. Perhaps that is why our Dairy Queen's all went out of business...because the company decided to make an amazing themed fast-food place. Let TDO know how it is. They could use some tips. LOL!!!

spectromagic04

no. No it doesn't. But i guess that if it works for you then drive down there. Let me know if the theme is as good as the first fle plans were.

P.s. It's pretty cool that your dairy queen has/is getting cinderella's chateau and aurora's cottage. Perhaps that is why our dairy queen's all went out of business...because the company decided to make an amazing themed fast-food place. Let tdo know how it is. They could use some tips. Lol!!!
lol!!!!

Glasgow

I understand people are sad that TTF and the houses are gone but lets not get too carried away. First of all, we don't know that there won't be some sort of replacement for the houses in one of the four parks. Secondly, SBC may be better than expected. And third, you gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette. Lose one or two things to get TLM and Mine Train? Seems like a 'fair' trade to me.

If the overall result is just as expected (ie. poor and M&M's houses are permanently gone) then by all means, let loose on TDO .. but at least wait until everything is done.

ryanduggers

No. No it doesn't. But I guess that if it works for you then drive down there. Let me know if the theme is as good as the first FLE plans were.

P.S. It's pretty cool that your Dairy Queen has/is getting Cinderella's Chateau and Aurora's Cottage. Perhaps that is why our Dairy Queen's all went out of business...because the company decided to make an amazing themed fast-food place. Let TDO know how it is. They could use some tips. LOL!!!

Our Dairy Queen has 50's malt shop theming. They do meet & greets about once a month, mostly Disney characters. If that isn't what you want, the Pizza Hut down the street has Spongebob a few days later.

Character Wars!!!!

By the way, I hate m&g, I much prefer when the characters are interacting with people, such as around the Teacups. I am looking forward to the mine coaster.

bmarkelon

:( I have to admit I am a little sad about this. My sweet little DD loved Minnie's house. It was a tradition to take a picture of her in those yellow chairs each trip. Cute to see how big she's gotten each year. Oh well, I will have to come up with a new photo spot. And my crazy little DS loved Donald's boat.

RSoxNo1

Horizons was not a temporary birthday celebration turned into a land. It was far more permanent then MTTF was.

Horizons was opened for 17(ish) years. Mickey's Birthdayland/Starland/Toontown Fair was open for 22. Funny thing about that word temporary...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom