Toontown demolition has started!

RSoxNo1

On the latest Scott Keating photos, The Hall of Fame Tent and Judge's Tent were still in tact. As far as I know these tents would also be demolished and new tents would be constructed, is this correct?

Tom

Beta Return
On the latest Scott Keating photos, The Hall of Fame Tent and Judge's Tent were still in tact. As far as I know these tents would also be demolished and new tents would be constructed, is this correct?

Undetermined, but the Magic Eight Ball says YES. New tents are supposed to replace those two tents in their existing locations.

Lee

Adventurer

I'm not sure "demolished" is the way they are going. A thorough refurbishment seems more likely.
Time will tell...

Tom

Beta Return
I'm not sure "demolished" is the way they are going. A thorough refurbishment seems more likely.
Time will tell...

*sigh* I agree.

What started as "REMOVE AND REPLACE EXISTING TENTS" will be value engineered down to "EXISTING TENTS TO REMAIN. REPAIR AS REQUIRED."

MKCP 1985

:shrug: If a tent was to be torn down and replaced by another tent, and the tent to be replaced can be refurbished instead for less cost . . . and the extra money is spent on the Seven Dwarfs' Mine Train while the refurbished tent serves its purpose . . .

I'd say somebody made a good business decision. :king:

Tom

Beta Return
:shrug: If a tent was to be torn down and replaced by another tent, and the tent to be replaced can be refurbished instead for less cost . . . and the extra money is spent on the Seven Dwarfs' Mine Train while the refurbished tent serves its purpose . . .

I'd say somebody made a good business decision. :king:

Have you been inside those tents recently? You could throw money at them all day and they'd still not be "repaired".

MKCP 1985

Have you been inside those tents recently? You could throw money at them all day and they'd still not be "repaired".

have you been inside a circus tent recently? :lol:

"Theming" "authentic" :p

*but to answer your question, no, I have not. I was not a big fan of Toontown and am looking forward to how the expansion of Fantasyland will incorporate all that space into the loop, instead of requiring a separate foray off the beaten path.

Tom

Beta Return
have you been inside a circus tent recently? :lol:

"Theming" "authentic" :p

*but to answer your question, no, I have not. I was not a big fan of Toontown and am looking forward to how the expansion of Fantasyland will incorporate all that space into the loop, instead of requiring a separate foray off the beaten path.

Ha! Yes. They quite resemble temporary Big Top tents. That goal was indeed achieved! :)

I too am happy about the new plans and layout. Kids will still have a nice area to play and burn off some energy, and everything will flow better.

tirian

Time will tell...

That's not the Judge's Tent; it's the Hall of Fame. Mickey's tent is gone.

iheartdisney91

in a way this is sad, because toon town has always been there when i went to WDW.....but i never liked it much, i felt it was a bit uneventful and boring... now look what they are doing! so exciting!

so long! :wave:

Sketch105

I was disappointed to think that Toontown was going to disappear. I took my last trip there, posted pictures, and visited Mickey's House one last time. It was weird that such a staple of the Kingdom, temporary or not, was disappearing. This wasn't just one attraction but a whole "mini-land", like saying Liberty Square was being removed, etc.

Now looking at the pictures, it's surreal that the houses are gone, but at the same time...I don't think enough has been erased. With the tents still standing and Goofy's coaster being rethemed, it still feels like they are cheaply incorporating Toontown into the Fantasyland Expansion and calling it something "new". Just my thoughts.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
in a way this is sad, because toon town has always been there when i went to WDW.....but i never liked it much, i felt it was a bit uneventful and boring... now look what they are doing! so exciting!

so long! :wave:

See...there is hope for the next generation.

EvilQueen-T

i just don't understand why they didn't just leave toon town as it was and add all the new stuff they're doing...it would have spread out stroller hell even better. i'm thinking i'll be limiting how often i walk through fantasyland as much as possible on our short april trip...with toon town closed the area around peter pan's flight to dumbo will be absolutely jammed up with the stroller set. i'll never understand why the rides for the smallest kids (who disney basically markets to parents for) have the hottest area, longest lines and shortest rides in mk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom