Too much Alcohol in the parks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvdisneyfamily

Seriously? Why do those of you that don't agree with the OP feel it necessary to attack and make fun of Christianity in general? That's insulting to a lot of people and does NOTHING to strengthen any point you may have as to why alcohol should be permitted in the parks.

Mukta

To the OP:
I come from a conservative family. My Mother has never tasted alcohol in her life and never will. We do not serve alcohol in our home.

However, WDW is a vacation spot for thousands of people around the world. As a business, it only makes sense for them to do what is profitable. WDW is not there to teach morals and values to our children. It is a place to vacation.

Personally, I imbibe, but I know my limits. I have no intention of over indulging anywhere.

I do not think that strangers consuming alcohol is a bad influence on children. What we teach at home and the people they are allowed to socialize with have a far greater impact.

I also don't think any Disney parks are just for children. As an adult without children, I enjoy the parks greatly. There are many activities and rides that cater to an adult crowd more than children.

The Empress Lilly

Too many people here are acting like a lynch mob.

The Andrews has raised some very real issues in this thread. Regardless of one's own opinion about his beliefs, the issues themselves are very real. Tens of millions of family lives in America are wrecked by alcohol abuse.

It is not something to just shrug off, or a laughing matter.

And yes, I do drink and no, I am not a Christian, and I do wish Disney would not serve alcohol in its parks.

Mr_Incredible

Seriously? Why do those of you that don't agree with the OP feel it necessary to attack and make fun of Christianity in general? That's insulting to a lot of people and does NOTHING to strengthen any point you may have as to why alcohol should be permitted in the parks.

Because the OP used Christianity as a reason to NOT have alcohol in the parks.

devoy1701

The Andrews has raised some very real issues in this thread. Regardless of one's own opinion about his beliefs, the issues themselves are very real. Tens of millions of family lives in America are wrecked by alcohol abuse.

And yes, I do drink and no, I am not a Christian, and I do wish Disney would not serve alcohol in its parks.

Drunkiness and child abuse has nothing to do with the original topic of this thread...neither does religion.

They started it. We provided clear examples of why Disney World is not what they were suggesting it was but they continued to say that we were wrong.

Rowdy

Regardless of one's own opinion about his beliefs, the issues themselves are very real. Tens of millions of family lives in America are wrecked by alcohol abuse.

And that all starts by having a drink while on vacation?

I smell a lawsuit for Disney. :rolleyes:

Animaniac93-98

Tens of millions of family lives in America are wrecked by alcohol abuse.

And tens of millions more are not, what's your point?

Not everyone who drinks suffers from alcoholism and I think many have sucessfully raised children while still having booze in their house.

Imposing beliefs on others without reasonable justification deserves to be criticised.

Mr_Incredible

And there are millions of people that can enjoy a frosty mug of beer and not be a disturbance. Its my vacation too, I am glad there are no drinks in MK. But if I am at Epcot with extended magic hours till midnight, I am damn pleased I can get a beer, shot of jager and a pretzel in Germany :cool:

wvdisneyfamily

Drunkiness and child abuse has nothing to do with the original topic of this thread...neither does religion.

They started it. We provided clear examples of why Disney World is not what they were suggesting it was but they continued to say that we were wrong.

They didn't make fun of anyone even in continuing the debate.

Mr_Incredible

It's not a reason to result to insulting it. A simple "I don't agree with that view" with or without a logical explanation would suffice.

Agreed, insulting is unneccesary, and I apologize if any of my posts that were made with tongue firmly planted in cheek offended anyone.

Malvito

It is insulting to a lot of people. Unfortunately, the OP took the first step in the direction by prooftexting Biblical quotes and implying that anyone who took a sip was an alcoholic. She/he could have taken her/his deity's own advice and Turned The Other Cheek, or at least toned down her/his rhetoric. Not all people are Christians, like it or lump it, and a My Way Or The Highway attitude, which is certainly what I got from the OP's increasingly frustrated responses, is no more conducive to a positive debate than the backlash that such an attitude causes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom