Too much Alcohol in the parks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABigBrassBand

O.K. this has been fun but I have to get to work, I have VBS (Vacation Bible School) shortly to prepare for, but let me conclude with this.

#1 If Jesus taught to obstain from it, dont look at it, and dont serve it, do you really think he'd make it? (Just askin) If he had made fermented wine it would have nullified his purity and holiness and been unable to pay for our sin. Of course you'd have to believe the Bible for that to matter.

#2 Look up the word wine in a Bible concordance there are many definitions to "wine" of which grape juice, or "fruit of the vine" is one of them. I will gladly respond in depth when I get back, but for now I have kids to tend to.

To be honest, this is your problem. You're forgetting that there are over 6 billion people on this earth, and chances are, most of them won't agree with your beliefs. If you're talking about morals gained from reading the bible, then sure, but for the most part it's just about respecting other people's decisions. :rolleyes:

Now, that is my last post in this thread. Good riddance!

jato4x4

O.K. this has been fun but I have to get to work, I have VBS (Vacation Bible School) shortly to prepare for, but let me conclude with this.

I think VBS was code for Maelstrom, so the ride is back up now. All you drunks at WS can go ride now.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
You appear to have missed the idea of WDW - its a place where people come to enjoy themselves on vacation and for the kids to run off some steam (admittedly, adults do need to control their little monsters a liitle better) BUT - if you've come on vacation to have a quiet drink then YOU'RE in the wrong part of the world (and I don't mean Walt Disney WORLD)

You appear to have missed the joke.

disneyrcks

#2 Look up the word wine in a Bible concordance there are many definitions to "wine" of which grape juice, or "fruit of the vine" is one of them. I will gladly respond in depth when I get back, but for now I have kids to tend to.

I seriously doubt this thread will be here much longer.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
So the reason the OP doesn't want alcohol in the park is because he thinks Jesus does not want us drinking? Hahahahaha. Might be time to lock up this thread. Although I am quite enjoying the foolishness of it all.

devoy1701

Yup, religion and politics. Two things that should never be brought up at work or on an internet forum.
Look at the bottom of the page where it shows who is viewing. I've never seen that many people in one thread since I've been here. For the uninitiated, that was what a feeding frenzy in shark infested waters looks like. :lol:

For the record...I saw 41 people viewing at the height of this thread!

EDIT: 42!!!

EDIT: 45!!!

EDIT: 49!!! (must get back to work soon!)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

#1 If Jesus taught to obstain from it, dont look at it, and dont serve it, do you really think he'd make it? (Just askin) If he had made fermented wine it would have nullified his purity and holiness and been unable to pay for our sin. Of course you'd have to believe the Bible for that to matter.

And we all know how moral and upstanding all the passages in the bible are.

Timothy 2:12
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Exodus 21:7-11
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.

Leviticus 25:44-46
However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.

If it is all the same to you I'll get my morality elsewhere.

Chevross

God specifically says wine.

Jesus specifically makes wine.

Wine is therefore grape juice.

Grape Juice is a sin people!

:ROFLOL:

righttrack

Maybe part of it is while I'm on vacation, I'm looking to have fun for myself, and as long as no one is outright bothering me, I could care less.

Exactly. Fun has a different meaning to different people. For some it's rides, attractions, to others it is food and drink. For many it's all of the above. There are adults and children and there are alcohol-free places (Magic Kingdom) as well. Going to France without a glass of wine, or Germany or Canada without one of their fine beers or wines would make me sad. So much of what Europe has to offer is their fine array of beverages and food and like in those places, I prefer to enjoy them paired together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom