Too much Alcohol in the parks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtieJim

If I'm paying as much as I am for a week, ten days, however long in Disney World or Land I think I should be allowed to have a drink at, of all places, the World Showcase. If I were to spend even more money than at do to get to WDW to travel the world one thing I would like to do is actually try select beverages that are unique to each country I go to.

With the logic that WDW shouldn't have alcohol then what do you do with the Food and Wine Festival? Just turn it into the Food Festival? That sounds fun. Ask the majority of the people that go when they're having that at Epcot and you'll find they're not really there mainly for the food.

You should be allowed to do what you want and what you can afford, so long as it's within legal limits, especially while you're on vacation. If I want to have a beer or two and it's available to me while I'm on a vacation that I've worked to pay for I'm going to damn well do it. You want to be away from people that drink. You also can't blame drinkers for congestion at the park because of where Disney themselves have placed the kiosks and stands to buy them.

Bottom line I guess, deal with it. Every one else deals with people taking flash pictures in dark rides, babies crying at dinner, strollers blocking every place to walk, etc.

JoeZer

Steampunky Time Lord
...I don't really recall seeing anyone outside of a restaurant with an adult beverage....

I have seen a few guests roaming World Showcase with a plastic cup of adult beverage in hand: usually beer/ale but have also seen wine and some adult slushies from France in hand (and in my hand as well...mainly the Parisian Cosmo Slushie [once]). Generally I don't drink aside from like once every three months or so...ESPECIALLY if I drove myself around on property between my resort and the park (or just driving anywhere for that matter whether home or on vacation).

Like with most anything else, the "having" of alcohol present in EPCOT, DHS and AK isn't a problem in my eye. It's more based on "who" is doing the drinking, "how much" they partake of it and the "inner-them" the drinking may set free that may cause problems...

Malvito

Not to be a hater, but I have to side with the others in this particular instance. I understand that you have worked with the victims of alcoholism, but not every single person who touches a drop ends up an abusive alcoholic.

Speaking on a personal level, I imbibed saki at the Japan Pavilion in Epcot on the evening of my first Unaccompanied Leave from Navy Boot Camp, and still managed to cross the quarterdeck upon returning to the base at the end of the evening. And I have a pretty low tolerance. I have been to the various WDW gates, and have never had a bad experience with a drunk patron. My wife and I have both had the occasional social drink without becoming abusive or dangerous. It is simply not an All Or Nothing situation.

I will leave the question of whether or not alcohol should be allowed at Magic Kingdom to other posters. Partaking at that particular gate would not be my first choice, but that is a personal decision. (Some of the rides spin enough as it is ...)

You are probably not going to like this particular suggestion, but you are going to have a difficult time taking the high road in this debate, regardless of how many Bible quotes you can post, if you insist on calling people "shallow" just because they have opposing experiences, and, thus, opposing arguements.

Mr_Incredible

Not to be a hater, but I have to side with the others in this particular instance. I understand that you have worked with the victims of alcoholism, but not every single person who touches a drop ends up an abusive alcoholic.

Speaking on a personal level, I imbibed saki at the Japan Pavilion in Epcot on the evening of my first Unaccompanied Leave from Navy Boot Camp, and still managed to cross the quarterdeck upon returning to the base at the end of the evening. And I have a pretty low tolerance. I have been to the various WDW gates, and have never had a bad experience with a drunk patron. My wife and I have both had the occasional social drink without becoming abusive or dangerous. It is simply not an All Or Nothing situation.

I will leave the question of whether or not alcohol should be allowed at Magic Kingdom to other posters. Partaking at that particular gate would not be my first choice, but that is a personal decision. (Some of the rides spin enough as it is ...)

You are probably not going to like this particular suggestion, but you are going to have a difficult time taking the high road in this debate, regardless of how many Bible quotes you can post, if you insist on calling people "shallow" just because they have opposing experiences, and, thus, opposing arguements.

edit

#GasOnTheFire :fork:

righttrack

O.K. this has been fun but I have to get to work, I have VBS (Vacation Bible School) shortly to prepare for, but let me conclude with this.

#1 If Jesus taught to obstain from it, dont look at it, and dont serve it, do you really think he'd make it? (Just askin) If he had made fermented wine it would have nullified his purity and holiness and been unable to pay for our sin. Of course you'd have to believe the Bible for that to matter.

#2 Look up the word wine in a Bible concordance there are many definitions to "wine" of which grape juice, or "fruit of the vine" is one of them. I will gladly respond in depth when I get back, but for now I have kids to tend to.

In those times fermented beverages were safe to drink. Unfermented beverages were dangerous, loaded with bacteria. Wine and beer were nourishment. The people that lived to become our forefathers drank wine and beer. The people that died drank water. Grape juice would have only been safe to drink during grape season.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
The only time I have seen someone completely wasted was on the bus going back to the resort from Pleasure Island, giving them the benefit of doubt they weren't acting crazy just puking everywhere on the bus. My wife and I were not amused

menamechris

I just don't think the "Food and Grape Juice Festival" has the same nice ring to it..... The Kindergardeners will come out in masses tho....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom