Too much Alcohol in the parks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevross

I probably would have just said my two posts and that would have been it. But instead, The Andrews called me out insinuating that I was myself a drinker/drunkard and that I should admit being wrong. I can honestly say I've never drank alcohol, so therefore he attacked and insulted me by calling me something by which I am not.

righttrack

What a thread. What A Thread!

I'm on another messageboard. When things get carried away there, we start posting pictures of muppets.

Anyway, my responses weren't meant to insult anyone. I do think by debating these issues we are all coming to know each other and isn't what this is all about? Different people around the world with a common interest. If we weren't so different, life would be pretty boring.

jato4x4

I probably would have just said my two posts and that would have been it. But instead, The Andrews called me out insinuating that I was myself a drinker/drunkard and that I should admit being wrong. I can honestly say I've never drank alcohol, so therefore he attacked and insulted me by calling me something by which I am not.

He called me out saying I watch Oprah. That was the last straw for me. Hope everyone is enjoying Maelstrom now.

mickeymatt

Why does God, (by the way thats his name) pronounce a WOE to them that even gives his neighbor drink if it's not so bad. ANd why does he command to not even look upon it, and why does he say that those that drink arent wise? Admit it its Wrong and you just like it.

Habakkuk 2:15
New International Version (NIV)
15 “Woe to him who gives drink to his neighbors,
pouring it from the wineskin till they are drunk,
so that he can gaze on their naked bodies!

Is this the verse to which you are referring? Talk about taking the God's word out of context. I am a fully devoted follower of Christ. Using this verse to justify abstaining from alcohol consumption is just plain irresponsible. The fact is no where in the Bible is drinking alcohol a sin. Habitual drunkeness is a sin because it clouds your ability to commune with God. Jesus drank wine. Real fermented wine. When He served it at the wedding feast the host remarked that this was choice wine. “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.” Jesus brought out the good stuff!

devoy1701

:lookarounI keep watching the "Members viewing this thread list" to see if The Mom has joined these shananagins....

Mr_Incredible

Habakkuk 2:15
New International Version (NIV)
15 “Woe to him who gives drink to his neighbors,
pouring it from the wineskin till they are drunk,
so that he can gaze on their naked bodies!

Is this the verse to which you are referring? Talk about taking the God's word out of context. I am a fully devoted follower of Christ. Using this verse to justify abstaining from alcohol consumption is just plain irresponsible. The fact is no where in the Bible is drinking alcohol a sin. Habitual drunkeness is a sin because it clouds your ability to commune with God. Jesus drank wine. Real fermented wine. When He served it at the wedding feast the host remarked that this was choice wine. “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.” Jesus brought out the good stuff!

Jesus liked to party, MY MAN!

So can we change this to a happier thread? Like a "What Would Jesus Drink" Thread?

I'd say a frozen margarita or a lemon slushie from France!

menamechris

They didn't make fun of anyone even in continuing the debate.

So I suppose namecalling, stereotyping, and the blatant misuse and misinterpretation of Bible passages to justify a point is alright? Hhmmm...

No one should be insulted. I think humor was the best way for this thread to go. And regardless, the views and opinions of the OP are not those of any Christian I know - so how is that insulting?

Anyways, my two cents...

nepalostparks

You were asked to give an example of how a drunk patron of Epcot had ever injured or done anything to you personally(other than their odor) and you respond with proverbs.

I posed the question and am still awaiting a response to it. All I asked of the original poster is how many times someone who was visibly intoxicated bumped into them and either spilled their drink or otherwise acted in a rude, intoxicated manner.

To those who choose not to drink alcohol, for whatever your reasoning: more power to you. Alcohol (in excess) can definitely have a multitude of negative effects on the drinker, their families and friends, and even complete strangers in the case of a drunk driving accident.

And to the original poster, The Andrews, if you truly wish to have a legitimate discussion on the issue of alcohol in the parks, then please answer the questions posed to you directly. And avoid calling others "shallow" and other insults, and avoid posting off topic reasons and arguments... both of which are against the forum rules.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
In the words of country music superstar Miranda Lambert:

'Cause I heard Jesus, He drank wine
I bet we'd get along just fine
He could calm a storm and heal the blind
And I bet He'd understand a heart like mine'

Seriously? Why do those of you that don't agree with the OP feel it necessary to attack and make fun of Christianity in general? That's insulting to a lot of people and does NOTHING to strengthen any point you may have as to why alcohol should be permitted in the parks.

My intent was not to insult the OP, just to give my opinion. I think the insults were really started by the OP. If you read all of their posts on this thread, they didn't really want opinions, they wanted to preach and call people "drunks" and "alcoholics". The OP wants alcohol out of the parks and thinks anyone who drinks is wrong. Here is the quote to prove it:
Why does God, (by the way thats his name) pronounce a WOE to them that even gives his neighbor drink if it's not so bad. ANd why does he command to not even look upon it, and why does he say that those that drink arent wise? Admit it its Wrong and you just like it.

I am sure if the OP hung around, their comments would have turned out way more insulting in the end.

muse1983

I know I'm asking for alot of negativity here but does anyone else out there think that there is definitely too much alcohol floating around the parks? I know MK doesn't allow it but particularly Epcot. If there is one place on this planet you should be able to have fun without being buzzed it is disneyworld. I get so tired of all those people who roam the World Showcase sampling all the beer and wine meanwhile bumping into you with that smelly stuff. I don't believe it should be allowed, (promoted) at all but at the very least they should coral the minority of "drinkers" in certain areas away from the majority who doesnt! ...............................You may now bring the hate...

Completely agree:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom