• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Tomorrowland love

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Advertisement
Rope drop usually means the line will be shorter.

It has no bearing on if it’s “good”.
Were you just generally stating that the line is not immediately packed in the mornings?

TwilightZone

I'm not crazy about Incredibles on Tomorrowland, but this would be a great attraction! Always room on the Imagineering boards if you wanna do more stuff like this. We got a game coming up called Sorcerer's Apprentice that's gonna have teams and people like Disney Dan and Defunctland coming to guest judge!

I thought Jack Jack Encounter sounded familiar! I remember your write up was pretty good too! That was the first Disney Overhaul Comp, right?

Anyways, back somewhat more on topic.

The new sign for Monsters Inc looks very nice in a vacuum. But kinda really weird in the current Tomorrowland. I realize that they're doing this overhaul piece by piece. But they should have at least done the Stitch sign redo at the same time to make it symmetric and not stick out as bad.
I posted it a long time ago. I was apparently inspired by another post. Oh the madness that is the endless loop of jack jack.
I might have used it for a competition too, but I don't remember.

Zootopia Dude

It's actually sad that they couldn't get their act together to come up with a SGE replacement for 2021. Remember Disneyland had all their refurbs done before the 60th started, not during? Just shows how little TDO cares.
SGE is pretty much abandoned until they can come up with a replacement, right?

NateD1226

I'm hoping the replacement is not Wreck it Ralph, Incredibles, or even Big Hero 6 because I don't really think it fits in the theme of Tomorrowland. I want to see something original that bring the futuristic feels in Tomorrowland. I would love to see new and original characters in a new ride with a great storyline. Heck, Disney can even use a scrapped idea and make it better for a magnificent ride. Hopefully, SGE gets a great replacement that will make everyone happy.

Zootopia Dude

I'm hoping the replacement is not Wreck it Ralph, Incredibles, or even Big Hero 6 because I don't really think it fits in the theme of Tomorrowland. I want to see something original that bring the futuristic feels in Tomorrowland. I would love to see new and original characters in a new ride with a great storyline. Heck, Disney can even use a scrapped idea and make it better for a magnificent ride. Hopefully, SGE gets a great replacement that will make everyone happy.
I know either is VERY unlikely, but...

1. Thanks to Fox, could we see the original idea for an Alien attraction come?

2. Alien Encounter v2.0??? Please Disney???

NateD1226

I know either is VERY unlikely, but...

1. Thanks to Fox, could we see the original idea for an Alien attraction come?

2. Alien Encounter v2.0??? Please Disney???
IMO, I don't think we will see Alien Encounter because I think we are seeing less and less scariness in the parks. For example, Tower of Terror was a very fun attraction with a great spooky storyline. But, they changed to a more fun storyline with GOTG:MB. Disney got rid of the scary death stuff and traded it in for some fun adventure through a collectors collection. Even Alien Encounter got replaced with less scary attraction! I would really hope to see AE 2.0 but i doubt that it will happen. All of the Disney parks don't have the same mixture of thrill and fun as they used to.

Zootopia Dude

I’ve got quite a bit of news that came from a CM that I’ve known for a while.

So SGE is half-abandoned, half-intact. He told me that the only true abandoned part is one of the theaters (the one we saw in the BDS photo), which still has that terrifying broken Stitch animatronic sitting there on the stage in the exact same position as seen in the photo. He told me he’s been back there, and that it reminded him of CC: Mold, wood lying around, broken walls, broken ceiling.

The other theater he told me was still 100% intact and kept maintained, with that Stitch animatronic still having his skin and everything. He also told me that they actually tested that theater, and that while Stitch still worked perfectly, the cannons weren’t coming down at all, and that they were still broken (as they were almost never working in the last months of SGE).

The 2nd preshow room is now used as a break-room, and changing room for M&G Stitch. And that while the animatronics were gone, the room is mostly intact.

And finally, he said that from what he’s been hearing, Disney may not have been lying when they said they’d reopen SGE. As they could easily turn the two pre-show rooms into a large queue line, and only operate with that one theater.

And that’s all.

Zootopia Dude

I’ve got quite a bit of news that came from a CM that I’ve known for a while.

So SGE is half-abandoned, half-intact. He told me that the only true abandoned part is one of the theaters (the one we saw in the BDS photo), which still has that terrifying broken Stitch animatronic sitting there on the stage in the exact same position as seen in the photo. He told me he’s been back there, and that it reminded him of CC: Mold, wood lying around, broken walls, broken ceiling.

The other theater he told me was still 100% intact and kept maintained, with that Stitch animatronic still having his skin and everything. He also told me that they actually tested that theater, and that while Stitch still worked perfectly, the cannons weren’t coming down at all, and that they were still broken (as they were almost never working in the last months of SGE).

The 2nd preshow room is now used as a break-room, and changing room for M&G Stitch. And that while the animatronics were gone, the room is mostly intact.

And finally, he said that from what he’s been hearing, Disney may not have been lying when they said they’d reopen SGE. As they could easily turn the two pre-show rooms into a large queue line, and only operate with that one theater.

And that’s all.
Oh crap I just realized this means that we could possibly see SGE reopen tomorrow with one theater since Speedway will be closed...

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
And finally, he said that from what he’s been hearing, Disney may not have been lying when they said they’d reopen SGE. As they could easily turn the two pre-show rooms into a large queue line, and only operate with that one theater..
Not long before before the closure, when it was well known, they ordered a replacement Perspex tube (the one in the main theatres that should have embedded LCD that reveals Stitch)

Top Bottom