News Tomorrowland love

Disney Maddux

I'm hoping the replacement is not Wreck it Ralph, Incredibles, or even Big Hero 6 because I don't really think it fits in the theme of Tomorrowland. I want to see something original that bring the futuristic feels in Tomorrowland. I would love to see new and original characters in a new ride with a great storyline. Heck, Disney can even use a scrapped idea and make it better for a magnificent ride. Hopefully, SGE gets a great replacement that will make everyone happy.
I know either is VERY unlikely, but...

1. Thanks to Fox, could we see the original idea for an Alien attraction come?

2. Alien Encounter v2.0??? Please Disney???

NateD1226

I know either is VERY unlikely, but...

1. Thanks to Fox, could we see the original idea for an Alien attraction come?

2. Alien Encounter v2.0??? Please Disney???
IMO, I don't think we will see Alien Encounter because I think we are seeing less and less scariness in the parks. For example, Tower of Terror was a very fun attraction with a great spooky storyline. But, they changed to a more fun storyline with GOTG:MB. Disney got rid of the scary death stuff and traded it in for some fun adventure through a collectors collection. Even Alien Encounter got replaced with less scary attraction! I would really hope to see AE 2.0 but i doubt that it will happen. All of the Disney parks don't have the same mixture of thrill and fun as they used to.

Disney Maddux

I’ve got quite a bit of news that came from a CM that I’ve known for a while.

So SGE is half-abandoned, half-intact. He told me that the only true abandoned part is one of the theaters (the one we saw in the BDS photo), which still has that terrifying broken Stitch animatronic sitting there on the stage in the exact same position as seen in the photo. He told me he’s been back there, and that it reminded him of CC: Mold, wood lying around, broken walls, broken ceiling.

The other theater he told me was still 100% intact and kept maintained, with that Stitch animatronic still having his skin and everything. He also told me that they actually tested that theater, and that while Stitch still worked perfectly, the cannons weren’t coming down at all, and that they were still broken (as they were almost never working in the last months of SGE).

The 2nd preshow room is now used as a break-room, and changing room for M&G Stitch. And that while the animatronics were gone, the room is mostly intact.

And finally, he said that from what he’s been hearing, Disney may not have been lying when they said they’d reopen SGE. As they could easily turn the two pre-show rooms into a large queue line, and only operate with that one theater.

And that’s all.

Disney Maddux

I’ve got quite a bit of news that came from a CM that I’ve known for a while.

So SGE is half-abandoned, half-intact. He told me that the only true abandoned part is one of the theaters (the one we saw in the BDS photo), which still has that terrifying broken Stitch animatronic sitting there on the stage in the exact same position as seen in the photo. He told me he’s been back there, and that it reminded him of CC: Mold, wood lying around, broken walls, broken ceiling.

The other theater he told me was still 100% intact and kept maintained, with that Stitch animatronic still having his skin and everything. He also told me that they actually tested that theater, and that while Stitch still worked perfectly, the cannons weren’t coming down at all, and that they were still broken (as they were almost never working in the last months of SGE).

The 2nd preshow room is now used as a break-room, and changing room for M&G Stitch. And that while the animatronics were gone, the room is mostly intact.

And finally, he said that from what he’s been hearing, Disney may not have been lying when they said they’d reopen SGE. As they could easily turn the two pre-show rooms into a large queue line, and only operate with that one theater.

And that’s all.
Oh crap I just realized this means that we could possibly see SGE reopen tomorrow with one theater since Speedway will be closed...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
And finally, he said that from what he’s been hearing, Disney may not have been lying when they said they’d reopen SGE. As they could easily turn the two pre-show rooms into a large queue line, and only operate with that one theater..
Not long before before the closure, when it was well known, they ordered a replacement Perspex tube (the one in the main theatres that should have embedded LCD that reveals Stitch)

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I loved Stitch's Great Escape, and I will be VERY happy if it is indeed reopening very soon.

I think most would agree the IP fits the land. Not controversial at all. I personally wish they'd just rework the story. Closure only makes sense if they're removing the IP completely. And why do that? Stitch is one of the few IPs that actually "fits" Tomorrowland.

Last edited:

Disney Maddux

I think most would agree the IP fits the land. Not controversial at all. I personally wish they'd just rework the story. Closure only makes sense if they're removing the IP completely. And why do that? Stitch is one of the few IPs that actually "fit" Tomorrowland.
I remember someone posted an idea to rework the story to be around the plot of L&S 2, and it was actually a pretty cool idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom