News Tomorrowland love

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Would be cool if they could go back to a supposed original plan of having one theater be Alien Encounter, and the other theater being Stitch.
Was that originaly a plan? Thought Stitch was just a quick replacement to get Alien Encounter out of the park for being too scary.
Eh, that's what I saw when looking back at old threads discussing rumors of Alien Encounter possibly becoming Stitch Encounter... xD
That wasn’t a proposal outside of a fans head.

MotherOfBirds

Do people even really know who he is anymore though?

Let’s not forget they brought back Captain EO and MJ was much larger of a public figure.

I’m not saying it’s coming back but I don’t think that’s the big reason why it wouldn’t.

No but it was a significant contributing factor to AE's removal. And even if he (rightfully) isn't relevant anymore, I think they would still rather wash their hands of Jones. Better to just gut everything and come up with an original idea instead of resurrecting AE or trying to shoehorn some other property into the same attraction.

Bocabear

No but it was a significant contributing factor to AE's removal. And even if he (rightfully) isn't relevant anymore, I think they would still rather wash their hands of Jones. Better to just gut everything and come up with an original idea instead of resurrecting AE or trying to shoehorn some other property into the same attraction.
It would be cheaper to re-shoot the video segments featuring Jones... But they will never go back to the original concept...

WDWTank

You could theoretically redo the preshow to be less pedo-y. Whether disney wants to is another question however...
Disney can hire me as Chairman Clench :cool:
06E28854-BA77-4A3F-912C-10BF1C30A008.jpeg

Although I have no acting experience whatsoever.
SEIZE THE FUTURE WITH X-S! BON VOYAGE!!

Animaniac93-98

No but it was a significant contributing factor to AE's removal. And even if he (rightfully) isn't relevant anymore, I think they would still rather wash their hands of Jones.

Disney still sells Ed Wood on DVD and Blu-ray, to say nothing of things like Beetlejuice, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Deadwood or anything else he's ever done for movies or TV that's easily obtainable.

You could easily re-shoot any of his scenes, but I doubt anyone at this point remembers what he did, despite how awful it was.

TwilightZone

Is there any credence to this thought process that SGE will reopen, even temporarily, this season. Seems like they survived the worst of the holiday rush without it.
The only reason why I could see it's return is the temporary shutdown of the train and the speedway. But those two attractions are way too minor for a return IMO.
Not to be negative, but most cast members are usually wrong. Sorry @Zootopia Dude

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom