Today is Rock n Roller Coaster's 10th birthday

surfsupdon

Rock n Rollercoaster is great fun. I love Disney rides AND coasters, and think Disney did a great job of theming a true rollercoaster--high speed and loops.

It's such a fun ride, I'm laughing the whole time.

RSoxNo1

Many of those 2-3 minute long roller coasters spend much of that time on a lift hill. Not that the lift hills aren't themed or aren't important, but when all things are considered the thrill portion of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is probably very close to the other Coasters on property.

Does anyone know the total cost of RnRC?

WDW1974

Interesting queue ... great launch ... very ordinary ride.

Way overrated since it's at WDW ... oh, and the DSP version is better too.

_Scar

Interesting queue ... great launch ... very ordinary ride.

Way overrated since it's at WDW ... oh, and the DSP version is better too.

Everything in Paris/Tokyo/Hong Kong/Anaheim is better than it's clone at WDW. We know the whole spiel.

:fork::fork::fork::fork: I diagree :fork:

:lol: *on most things*

KRW101

Being a Disney, rollercoaster & Aerosmith fan.....I think it's pretty darn cool. No, it is not the best coaster ever - but all of those elements together make me happy. :ROFLOL:

Going to see Aerosmith on August 30th and riding Rock N Roller Coaster the week of Ocotber 26th !!!!!!!!!!

Frank&Ollie

So 10 years...wow. I love this ride. Let's talk about the other appropriate anniversay that coincides with this.

Happy 10 year anniversary to all of the threads and posts claiming that the Aerosmith contract is up. I've really enjoyed the..

WHO version
Rolling Stone version
Jonas Brothers version
U2 version
Miley Cyrus version etc... etc...

they've all been great. :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

marsrunner

Not a bad ride. Worth a twenty minute wait once a trip, although I'll ride it over and over again if there's no line. Everything up to and including the launch (and I mean the queue and the pre-show) is great, after that its kinda meh.
Oh, and as far as launched coasters with music go, California Screamin' is WAY better! :lookaroun At least as far as thrills go.

The_CEO

I'm pretty sure he says "To the forum" as in the LA times Forum or something like that where a concert will be held. I don't think it's a reference to the song.

Yes.... He says what you wrote, but if you're like me and ride it over and over, saying To The Farm is MUCH more amusing!

Thrill Seeker

Everything in Paris/Tokyo/Hong Kong/Anaheim is better than it's clone at WDW. We know the whole spiel.

:fork::fork::fork::fork: I diagree :fork:

:lol: *on most things*

Actually, those are all clones. We have the original RnRC... That is why the other versions are better...

MaxsDad

The week before July 4th, 1999 was our first time at WDW as a family. We were heading towards the ToT, when we saw a CM standing where the RnR gateway is now. We spoke to her, and she waved us in to the new "ride". It wasn't on the map, and we knew nothing about it. Back then, I didn't go on the "world wide web" to read about stuff first.

There was not many guest back there at all, so we walked right in. I was blown away by the recording studio alone. Today, I swear that Disney actually had a real guy go into the studio to get the infamous Black Les Paul that Perry ask for.

So when we get in the alley, we go straight up to the Limo, cause there isn't anyone in front of us waiting at "load". SO we get in the first limo, having no idea about what is about to happen! I hadn't even heard of this type of launch technology. Yeah, we were in for a surprise. It was AWESOME!

Bought the poster. Will never forget it. A special Disney moment for our family. I always try to find the "newbies" in line now, just to see their reactions.

Thank you RnR for 10 years of thrills.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom