Today is Rock n Roller Coaster's 10th birthday

EPCOTPluto

Happy Birthday, Rock n' Roller Coaster! :sohappy:

Hope Hannah Montana or Jonas Brothers doesn't replace your Aerosmith band! :lookaroun

And I never rode it - yet. :(

Goofy316

Aerosmith + Disney + Rollercoaster = Great Ride

Overrated compared to what? Thrill rides over at Busch Gardens or SeaWorld. Those are going to kick RNRC's butt but the fact is it is a good ride.

I dont understand what all the complainings about. :shrug:

hack2112

Aerosmith + Disney + Rollercoaster = Great
Overrated compared to what? Thrill rides over at Busch Gardens or SeaWorld. Those are going to kick RNRC's butt but the fact is it is a good ride.
*cough*Manta*cough*

It is both very well themed and incredibly thrilling.

RSoxNo1

I've had this argument in several locations. Coasters can be broken down into 3 different categories

No theme Coasters - This would be rides like Superman Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England (prior to the Bizzaro makeover), and most of your normal Six Flags/Busch Gardens coasters

Lightly Themed Coasters - This would be California Screamin', Rip, ride, Rock it, Manta.

Heavily Themed Coasters - Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, Revenge of the Mummy

The track layout of RnR isn't that elaborate but by virtue of having on-board audio I would put it in the Lightly Themed Category, and with the addition of it being in the dark with the additional black light scenery it goes into the Heavily Themed category. If you're talking about best theming in a heavily themed coaster it's probably near the bottom along with Space Mountain, but when you couple in theming, onboard audio, and thrill component (compared to other heavily themed coasters) it has to be considered one of the best.

EpcotServo

I've had this argument in several locations. Coasters can be broken down into 3 different categories

No theme Coasters - This would be rides like Superman Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England (prior to the Bizzaro makeover), and most of your normal Six Flags/Busch Gardens coasters

Lightly Themed Coasters - This would be California Screamin', Rip, ride, Rock it, Manta.

Heavily Themed Coasters - Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, Revenge of the Mummy

The track layout of RnR isn't that elaborate but by virtue of having on-board audio I would put it in the Lightly Themed Category, and with the addition of it being in the dark with the additional black light scenery it goes into the Heavily Themed category. If you're talking about best theming in a heavily themed coaster it's probably near the bottom along with Space Mountain, but when you couple in theming, onboard audio, and thrill component (compared to other heavily themed coasters) it has to be considered one of the best.

The heavily themed load area, Pre-Show, Queue, and Story are all things that put RNR in that last category as well.

I don't care who you are, RNR is an entertaining show.

Tinkyroo

Happy Birthday Rock n Roller Coaster! I have never been on it and never will - I am too chicken! But, I am thankful for it being at HS to eat up some of the crowds.

hack2112

I don't care who you are, RNR is an entertaining show.
Of course it is. Where else can I tell Aerosmith to ditch their manager? If you put me in DHS, I could survive on only Sunset Blvd and GMR.

However, I still believe that Manta falls into the heavily themed category. The track may not be indoors or hidden, but it interacts perfectly with the scenery and water features as well as truly giving you the sensation that you're in flight.

scheat

Not the most thrilling ride ever after the launch, but you have to admit:

RnRC is the COOLEST roller coaster on the planet-at least if you grew up with Aerosmith.

SpaceMtn#1

Try as I might to love RnRC, I always manage to get my head banged around on the over-the-shoulder restraints. I have tried to hold my head in all sorts of weird positions (back against the seat, forward, etc.) but I always come off that ride with a headache. I hate that it does this because I love roller coasters and other than that would love this ride.:shrug: Anybody else experience this problem?

partyoffour

So my 15 year old has a friend who parents are as nutty about Disney as our family is . This kids family swears that Hannah Montana will be the next theme to RNR because of aerosmith contract being up. Anyone can confirm or deny this rumor? :shrug:

RSoxNo1

So my 15 year old has a friend who parents are as nutty about Disney as our family is . This kids family swears that Hannah Montana will be the next theme to RNR because of aerosmith contract being up. Anyone can confirm or deny this rumor? :shrug:

Highly unlikely.

I think its a fun ride, I always enjoy it. I went with 2 other people that didn't want to ride it a couple years back...Fast Pass x 3. It was great, I was pretty dizzy after the 3rd time.

Looking forward to hitting it next week!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom