Tigger Punches Guest??

bhg469

Something isn't right. I will not form a judgement because the abrupt ending of the video. Who knows what happened after that? IMO the reaction after the incident is key to knowing what actually happened....

But, because i watched this ting about 10 times now, At first glance it looked like the kid was grabbing on the collar of tigger's neck, it could cause some discomfort and cause a reaction like that in anyone. I still think knowing what happened after whould be good to know.

TP2000

Where did Mr. Monaco learn to speak english, The Tony Soprano School of Diction and Petty Theft?

I've lived up and down the East Coast for many years, and now that I'm happily back on the West Coast when I was watching this video and Mr. Monaco began speaking I literally winced in pain. I had forgotten how unattractive that regional New England accent is. I'm betting Rhode Island, or perhaps South Boston.

I wouldn't trust anyone with that accent to sell me a used car, so why would I trust him to tell me Disney owes him an apology?

The young Monaco boy looks shifty and dorky. His father looks just as shifty and out for a buck.

CrashNet

Tigger is one of my favorite characters, and I'm good friends with many of them (the CMs), including Mickey. I've even had something similar happen to me. It happens. The assistant and Chip apologized...I just said it was ok and then went on and took the picture. We even made a little fun with it...Dale came up and smacked Chip on the head. :lol:

This stuff happens sometimes, and it saddens me that some people have to make such big deals over honest mistakes, or even worse, manipulate stories for their own benefit. I sincerely hope this CM gets to stay and bring smiles to the faces of children again soon.

Billy6

The Kid had a smug smile on him the entire video, as if he was up to something...And Tigger did react to something before the "punch", as they(idiots) call it... IMO, some restraint should have been shown, but it clearly looks as if the kid did something first. I know when I was I kid, I denied any wrong doing when things happened, to not get in trouble, he was probably following suit. And his acting job in the news interview, was priceless...Innocent and unblameble, and his old man was even better... Tigger, this and Tigger that...But his son, no blame....

figmentmom

Looks to me like the kid is grabbing Tigger from behind, pulling him back. Probably a reaction, but Tigger shouldn't have punched him.

I have to agree with you, Scott. It looks to me like the son did something-or-other to the back of Tigger's neck, and Tigger reacted with a paw. Doesn't honestly look like a punch to me, but a paw, nonetheless.

I'm sure it's very, very difficult to keep one's patience all day long with an endless parade of anxious guests, but Tigger should NOT be pawing, kidding or not.

You know, this entire story has an extremely familiar ring to it...:lookaroun

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but the father seems to incriminate his son when he says
"At first I was upset at my son," Monaco Sr. said. "I thought he did something to Tigger. But then I review it and it is pretty clear, for no reason he just clocked him in the face."
To me that sounds like this kid's a troublemaker on a regular basis. If this kid was generally well behaved (like you hope most kids would be), do you really think a parent's first reaction would be to be "upset" with their son? I know mine wouldn't be. Sounds like someones trying to get his hand in the Disney money jar.
Also, "Tigger" can't come out and apologize because if I remember correctly you can't even tell people more than that you are "close personal friends" with a character based on the contract signed when you are hired by Disney. How is this person supposed to come out and apologize, I don't doubt he was told he wasn't allowed to, and at this point if he did he'd be admitting guilt that could cost him a lot more then his job.

The Mom

Premium Member
Where did Mr. Monaco learn to speak english, The Tony Soprano School of Diction and Petty Theft?

I've lived up and down the East Coast for many years, and now that I'm happily back on the West Coast when I was watching this video and Mr. Monaco began speaking I literally winced in pain. I had forgotten how unattractive that regional New England accent is. I'm betting Rhode Island, or perhaps South Boston.

I wouldn't trust anyone with that accent to sell me a used car, so why would I trust him to tell me Disney owes him an apology?

The young Monaco boy looks shifty and dorky. His father looks just as shifty and out for a buck.

Excuse me, but I happen to have a RI accent, so find your stereotyping (especially regarding being untustworthy just because of the way I talk) insulting. That would be as bad as my stating that all southern Californians are vain, shallow, and materialistist or that all northern Californians are environmentalist wackos stuck in the 60s. :lol:

radiohost

Trip to Walt Disney World.....$1700

Digital Camera......$350

Disney Photopass picture........$15

Going through the rest of your life knowing you got your butt kicked by Tigger from the Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh......PRICELES!!!!:cool:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Excuse me, but I happen to have a RI accent, so find your stereotyping (especially regarding being untustworthy just because of the way I talk) insulting. That would be as bad as my stating that all southern Californians are vain, shallow, and materialistist or that all northern Californians are environmentalist wackos stuck in the 60s. :lol:

I did notice a slight accent from you... but I thought it was a Southern one lol. :lol: :eek: You were just very well spoken with perfect diction.

This father in the video.... sounds a LOT like Colin Quinn..lol :lol:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0703800/

Gueever

This is pretty dumb. Characters are tripped/pulled at/hit/ etc. all the time. They deal with quite a bit. When I worked at Disney, I specifically recall that Chip was actually stabbed by a visitor in Frontierland.

The Dad is videotaping this. The character's know they're always being videotaped. What would be the motive of attacking anyone while being caught on tape? I can tell you that being a character takes a lot of work and they just don't pick any CM to do it. Overeacting is something our "PC" society and media do well. That's all this is to me.:hammer:

imagineer boy

Not me.. I was celebrating when the Mets choked, errr, I mean lost....

Kid: So Tigger, you must be upset that the Tigers lost the WS.

Tigger: Yeah, the Cardinals were just a better team.

Kid: Well, I know how you feel because I'm a Mets fan.

Tigger: What?! I'm happy you choked POND SCUM! *smack*

MickeyJman06

44af.jpg
maybe that's a nice tigger. not the violent one

radiohost

Heres an observation worth noting.....

The incident took place inside the park...

The family I assume viewed the footage inside the park....

So did they not go straight to Guest Relations after the incident occured???

It just seems fishy to me if they made there big announcement until after they left the park.... If they waited and complained at Guest Relations the Disney security as well as Orange County sherrifs Dept would have showed up at the park and filed a report.... If they did this behind Disneys back I feel they wanted to do some damage by creating a bunch of hype with the media on the situation.

Bottome line....if you are in entertainment....movie star, celeb, charecter at a park ect.....You better be carefull !!!!!! Those who search to find these instances will strike every single time!!

In this case they found it, and sadly another cm will more than likely have his dream job taken away due to a stupid accidental mistake taken out of proportion by these people..I hope there happy...Radiohost:cool:

TP2000

That would be as bad as my stating that all southern Californians are vain, shallow, and materialistist or that all northern Californians are environmentalist wackos stuck in the 60s. :lol:

Actually, you are pretty accurate there with that assesment. :) I have to go now, as I have an appointment for an IPL Laser skin treatment at a trendy Orange County medi-spa, and then I have a service due for my leased Mercedes. And I am not making that up. That's actually what I am doing today, livin' my life here in SoCal. Trust me, I think it's as funny as the rest of you do.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I think it needs a nice big "PWND!!!1" on it.

I haven't read the previous 10 pages, but did anyone else notice that Tigger put an arm-lock on the kid before he hit him?

Yes, I mentioned that early in the process...

He locks on the arm and then appears to bring his other arm around to push the kid away. On the way around, his paw contacts the kid's face, but he continues through to push the kid's shoulder. My guess is the arm lock was to stop whatever the kid was doing from continuing and the push was to disengage him. The hit to the face doesn't even elicit a reaction from the kid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom