Tigger Punches Guest??

DisneyLover10

Well, i personally think that Tigger was just playing around because he's a "bounciful" character, and any accusations need to be furthur investigated. Ok?

Lord Pheonix

"If you watch the video it looks like Tigger lost his balance"

absolutly i agree with this. just like when people sue celebs, drag it through court, then at the last minute settle with the celeb for money, this is whats going on here. it looks like tiggers feet were up against the curb in the background. when the kids started pressing up against him, he couldnt step back to balance himself, in instinctually he spun around to put his hands down on the fence, but the kid was there and he got hit by accidend. try no doing that in your own yard. stand up against a chair or something and have someone else lightly push you back and see what you do.

DisneyLover10

It does look and seem like Tigger lost his balance. You know we'd be good to do the interview. I agree this is what happened and CASE CLOSED. The guy's just trying to get money from Disney. Gosh, grow up, Tigger didn't punch him on purpose, why would he? I would trip and lost my balance if I had had kids sitting on my legs and stuff. This makes me mad.

drew81

From watching the video I didn't take it as Tigger directly punching him. It looks like he was reaching to brace himself.

What about all the times that guests directly punch or hit characters on purpose??? You never hear about that on the news. Most of the time they get away with it

ATO

Why is it always the guests with NY accents who cause a ruckus?

I was just wondering have you ever been to NY. Because that accent is the furthest thing from a NY accent. I've lived in NYC my entire life (30 years) and can promise you no one speaks like that here.

And to comment on this whole incident please this is a joke we have a video from 4 years ago of mickey mouse turning around to sign an autograph and smacking my cousin extremely hard across the face she was hurt but not badly it was pretty stupid on the cast members part to turn that quickly without knowing if someone was behind them but all in all it was absolutely hilarious to watch on video the assistant apoligized and offered us some compensation we just asked for some stickers for my kids and went on our way. we didn't call the media and alert the press this guy is just an a$$h**e.

iheartdisney91

hahahahah sorry i think this is really funny! :lol: why is it always tigger? hahha i know its wrong to make fun but c'mon the guest was prolly annoying and its really hot in that costume i would have punched him too " even though he had the padded gloves i felt it it hurt" (er something like that) yeah ok you just want to get disney's money...... dork :lol:

i think tigger won that battle:lookaroun

Logan5

tigger

i think tiggers innocent...
obviously theres something going on in back that we just cant see..
but while im on the subject, i personaly think this doesnt happen enough..
the characters should be slaping people around more often...
im just waiting for a castmember to "accidently" knock down some annoying kid ziping by on his wheeled shoes, so that the kids two ignorant parents could drop there turkey leg for a second so they can sue....

:)

I don't know what is funnier -- the "incident" that spawned all of this discussion, the tv news coverage, or this thread itself.

I have to say the channel 6 coverage which allows you to study the family's home vid frame-by-frame as if it were the Zapruder film is quite hilarious.

Congratulations to all

smk

First of all, my favorite line is "Everyone came up an' apologized to me except Tigga. He won't be a man about it..." Man I just laaaaaughed.

Second, any actor on these message board is probably used to being able to identify "acting" and when something looks very real. Eye contact is that key. "Like father like son" when they both get on the camera, their eyes keep on shifting. If they were telling the truth, they'd be lookin' right at the reporter and telling her what's going on. But what the hell is so important that you gotta keep shiftin' your eyes for?! You think Tigger's gonna pop up and sock you again?!

The next point in the issue is the the look on the kid's face when he wraps his arm around Tigger. RECENTLY, I had pictures taken with Tigger at the Crystal Palace. When I wrapped my arm around him, my hand accidentally slipped in the small space in between his back and his tail. (The tail is sewed to the back of the suit, if anyone can recall.) And Tigger noticed and tried helping me out TWISTING AROUND TO HELP ME, and I whispered "Sorry" and he nodded, and I released my hand and just put my arm OVER his tail, and all was good. Whatever this kid was doing, it made Tigger feel threatened, and he reacted accordingly.

Also, Tigger can only see out of his mouth, so he doesn't know where this boy is putting his arms or anything else. I've been in a costume before (I worked for Build-A-Bear and I was Bearemy) and it's hot, it's heavy, you can't see, and you really don't know where people are while you're in that suit. I had to really get used to not stepping on little babies.

Ditto.

I think this kid:fork: did something to Tigger's back and Tigger reacted, then the kid can't admit to his overbearing and overeacting father that he caused the thing to happen and now it is snowballing out of control.

:rolleyes: I only hope this discourages more people from going to WDW, crowd levels have been much too high lately and we could all use more days of walk on rides! :rolleyes:

DisneyLover10

Maybe the kid:)fork: ) slapped Tigger on the back when he put his arm around him, or maybe he said something. But tigger wouldn't slap a kid on purpose. Evil!!! Evil has done this! :goodnevil :fork:

Figments Friend

I'm down here in Orlando from Boston on a fun business trip and when i saw this posted this morning i could'nt beleive what i was seeing. This is so totally ridiculous! It is MORE the obvious to me that this is a total setup.

TIGGER IS INNOCENT!

I watched the vid, and i'm not surprised at all that it is now sweeping the nations' media outlets. It's a great shame, as why is it always stupid things like this that get coverage instead of all the wonderful things these CM's do for Guests?

The Dad seems to me like someone who has spent a good part of his life pursuing such venues along these lines....working things up into a tizzy and making a mountain out of a mole hill. I feel pity for him in a way, as people who spend their lives trying to pursue such attention ( and usually some freebies as well..) are sadly missdirectly. It is a shame that this had to happen, but anyone watching the vid clip with even the slightlest knowledge of what is going on there can see this is "news that is not news" in a sense.

I am worried for the CM now, as the latest reports are now naming him. Something tells me this is not a good sign, and that he has been booted. If he still had his job, will Disney be releasing his name to the media now? Argh...if that is the case, and this CM has been let go becuase of the blanant idiocy then the REAL crime is this bogun missrepreantation.

Sorry if the above seems harsh...i'm just feeling pretty miffed now about this whole thing.

Oh...and for those who live up in MA: How much you wanna bet that the guy "from New Hampshire" is actually a MA resident with a cabin/second home in NH? I'm willing to bet it's the case...may explain why some people are having a hard time excepting th Dad's accent as "NY".

ARGH!!! This has me so worked up! :fork:

BeckyLSawyer

There is definitely something more to the story. The kid is obviously pulling on Tigger's costume, because Tigger stumbles. And when your vision is limited and you're losing your ability to breathe you tend to correct yourself.

Having spoken to the CM, and hearing the story the day of, I am a bit biased. But I think the kid is a liar, trying to impress daddy. And for the CM's sake I hope Disney finds out the truth, because I don't believe he did anything wrong.

An unprovoked attack on a guest? Why? What would be the point? The kid pulled on the back of the costume and was inadvertently strangling Tigger. Not his fault, he didn't know. But it wasn't the CM's fault either. You can't feel anything in those costumes, let alone see anything. Tigger was just trying to keep himself safe. In the trial years ago, about the different Tigger and the molestation case, the man was found innocent after the jury members put on the costume. It dulls every one of your senses.

And I believe the CM DID apologize to everyone involved. I guess Dad just wanted his 15 minutes of fame.

Figments Friend

Ditto.

I think this kid:fork: did something to Tigger's back and Tigger reacted, then the kid can't admit to his overbearing and overeacting father that he caused the thing to happen and now it is snowballing out of control.

I agee...it looks to me like this kid was being a typical "older brother' and harrassing Tigger. In the video interview segments, the kid looks as embarrassed as heck while his Dad is ranting.

Figments Friend

Having spoken to the CM, and hearing the story the day of, I am a bit biased. But I think the kid is a liar, trying to impress daddy. And for the CM's sake I hope Disney finds out the truth, because I don't believe he did anything wrong.

Is he Ok? Please let him know he not only has the support of current CM's he also has the support of those of us out here in cyberspace too!

:wave:

cmatt

that kids arm is quite high up in relation to the cm's back - id pressume the scrote was trying to do something with the mask or the costume hence the reaction.....

people just erm dont hit people in every day situations without a reason....

dvcnut39

Looks to me as if Tigger was loosing his balance and turned quickly to attempt to grab a hold of something and in the process his open, padded palm brushed the boy.

In my line of work, you see this every day. If I would tell you about how my partner and I got sued one time at work, not one person on this board wouldn't be shocked and offended. Some people will do anything for money or to known as a victim.

Sorry to be so negative, but I've been seeing this type of thing for over 15 years and it gets to you after a while.

I promise my next post will be more positive.

I just feel for the Cast Members. You guys do a great job.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Guys, I think I might have found him. I did a quick google search on Jerry Monaco and I got this kid http://monacojerry.livejournal.com/ . I'm thinking it might be him because he types about very gothy things which would relate to the glove. Also, he they have a very New York accent and he wrote about Buffy the Vampire Slayer was this inspriational piece of work and he went to a BTVS convention in BUFFALO, NY. So obviously this is going off the fact that he is wearing a glove and has a chain on his pants but hey you never know.........

I'm fairly certain this isn't the same person. The kid is 14 and from New Hampshire. The blog is by a Jerry Monaco in New York who quotes Chomsky and discusses the Nixon White House in detail... While kids have come a long way, I'd say that blog is a little too deep for a 14-year-old kid that gets into an altercation with Tigger at WDW.

Of course, the blogger is now going to become very paranoid with the sudden increase in hits on his blog... He'll think the NSA/CIA/FBI finally found him and wig out totally! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom