News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Fox&Hound

Even if the concern was that Tiana spends too much time as a frog, They could have kept it to the original but similar to Frozen Ever After. Have the ride take place after the film and Tiana (as a human animatronic) looks back on her adventure. Focus on the human part and summarize/condense the frog part. Also that would allow them to use Facilier but direct how he is interpreted.

TheMaxRebo

Even if the concern was that Tiana spends too much time as a frog, They could have kept it to the original but similar to Frozen Ever After. Have the ride take place after the film and Tiana (as a human animatronic) looks back on her adventure. Focus on the human part and summarize/condense the frog part. Also that would allow them to use Facilier but direct how he is interpreted.

Definitely ways they could have made it work - or at least done some of that and some new stuff, but still hit the big beats/key songs and scenes from the original - people do like to sing-along with what they know

Brer Panther

Funny thing about the "no Dr. Facilier" thing - didn't the original "Louis chasing his trumpet" plotline have him? Or at least his shadow and the voodoo spirits?
Frozen is (very) loosely based on the Snow Queen. Plans by Disney for a more traditional adaptation were around all the way back to the 30s and 40s. Specifically, Disney were originally going to create animated shorts interspersed in MGM's 1952 musical live action Hand Christian Anderson film. A plan to create a feature length Snow Queen adaptation was dabbled with during the renaissance, then killed and revived AGAIN in he early 2000s. And even during the production of Frozen, they had considered making it hand drawn originally early in production.
And then Tangled was successful and they decided to make it as similar to that film as possible in an attempt to cash in.

Like, you can't tell me that Sven's "hoofed animal that doesn't talk but acts like a dog" shtick wasn't an attempt to duplicate the popularity of Maximus.
So it still looks like no villain right?
With our luck, the "villains" will probably be those three idiot frog hunters.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
IMG_7103.png

The main ride marquee has been taken down in California.

Incomudro

I do legitimately think the general sense and atmosphere (until the lift bill at least) will be similar. They’re clearly paying attention to the music, it sounds like there will be a bunch of AAs and most likely quite a few more advanced AAs. I personally love that style of music, which might not be for everyone. Now I say this as someone who’s favorite ride hands down was splash. I suppose all good things must come to an end eventually… I suppose I can continue to be upset, or just hope for the best
I believe the ride will look beautiful.
The lighting, the sets, some background screens, will make Splash look stark and primitive by comparison.
We're getting the AA's too, so no loss there.
My biggest issue (aside from wishing they didn't redo Splash at all, but that ship has sailed) is the apparent deviation from the excellent excellent elements that the film provides.
Mostly the villain aspect.
It would have worked so well with this ride.

Buried20KLeague

All I know is... Tokyo Disney made the right decision.

They always do.

Which is why we’re planning our 4th trip there. After Disneyland Paris later this month. And Disneyland last October. All without any WDW visits and none on the horizon.

We used to spend three weeks a year at WDW, staying onsite. For years, it’s been the lowest on the Disney totem pole for us and we don’t really care when we get back.

Buried20KLeague

It'll be a newspaper clipping hung in an office in the queue. Or something like that.

People are just dying to blow this stuff out of proportion when 2 seconds of thought would be enough to realize it'll be background detail there for only the initiated to pick up on.

Yet they felt the need to bullet point it in a major announcement on new details of the ride.

Which sort of encapsulates the entire problem with this attraction so far. And which you seen not able to understand.

EDIT TO ADD: apparently I’m late to the party…. Posted this before I read a bunch of posts saying the same thing basically. Ah well. I ain’t deleting it.

Buried20KLeague

If it would be a tiny detail in a queue, why talk about it in a press release? Unless you wanted people to talk about it.....
I want to know more about Ralphie's back story and what his hopes and ambitions are for the future...And what about their cousins?

If the tips of his drumsticks are made in real life like they are in the pic, I’m gonna lose it. For real. I’m a drummer.

Buried20KLeague

We have had four detailed press rollouts on this attraction and we know very little of what we’re to experience on the actual attraction (attraction story, set pieces, et ). We do know, to the minuscule detail, that this will be culturally authentic.

Well duh. Imagineers gotta get their all expenses paid research trip in. You know the gig.

If Nicholas cage’s pyramid ain’t in the background somewhere, all will have been for naught.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom