News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

LittleBuford

As before, there seems to be a curious disconnect between the verbal framing of the ride’s (back)story, which is earnest in the extreme, and the actual concept art, which is fun and festive. I’m taking this to mean that the seriousness of the verbiage won’t be felt when actually experiencing the ride. That’s my hope anyway, because a Magic Kingdom log flume isn’t the appropriate venue for (questionable) lessons in history and geography.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

earnest in the extreme
This is my new favorite phrase and I'm going to steal it.

100% nailed it. Spot-on.

The people driving this project are not entertainers. They're not even artists. Entertainment and art are too pedestrian, too vulgar. They see themselves as educators and agents of social change. And when you try to bundle social commentary into the innocuous package of a theme park ride (or, dare I say, a feature-length animated motion picture), that's when it comes across as propaganda.

ToTBellHop

As before, there seems to be a curious disconnect between the the verbal framing of the ride’s (back)story, which is earnest in the extreme, and the actual concept art, which is fun and festive. I’m taking this to mean that the seriousness of the verbiage won’t be felt when actually experiencing the ride. That’s my hope anyway, because a Magic Kingdom log flume isn’t the appropriate venue for (questionable) lessons in history and geography.
Then maybe they should focus more on the ride experience. Can we send Zach out with some paint samples they are using for the fake leaves to get all us fans turned on? Their posts, as they are, leave me searching for gratification elsewhere on the internets.

DisneyDean97

100% nailed it. Spot-on.

The people driving this project are not entertainers. They're not even artists. Entertainment and art are too pedestrian, too vulgar. They see themselves as agents of social change.
We should have seen this coming when they added the "Inclusion" key... unfortunately they seem to value this key more than the "Show" and "Efficiency" keys...

Mike S

100% nailed it. Spot-on.

The people driving this project are not entertainers. They're not even artists. Entertainment and art are too pedestrian, too vulgar. They see themselves as educators and agents of social change. And when you try to bundle social commentary into the innocuous package of a theme park ride (or, dare I say, a feature-length animated motion picture), that's when it comes across as propaganda.
And they wonder why Super Mario took them to the cleaners and whose single box office is bigger than Lightyear and Strange World combined and quadrupled. Pretty soon we might see Elemental added to that mix and maybe even Wish as well though that’s a Princess movie so maybe not.

yensidtlaw1969

The part about WW1 feels like satire. How could that possibly be conveyed on a 10 minute log ride?
It'll be a newspaper clipping hung in an office in the queue. Or something like that.

People are just dying to blow this stuff out of proportion when 2 seconds of thought would be enough to realize it'll be background detail there for only the initiated to pick up on.

LittleBuford

100% nailed it. Spot-on.

I don’t agree with your post at all. This is not my stance, and I’d like to make that very clear.

CaptainAmerica

It'll be a newspaper clipping hung in an office in the queue. Or something like that.

People are just dying to blow this stuff out of proportion when 2 seconds of thought would be enough to realize it'll be background detail there for only the initiated to pick up on.
The creative executives in charge of the project are the ones putting out this information, it's not something the fans made up.

If it's going to be a newspaper clipping hung in an office in the queue (and you're probably right), then why talk about it in your press events?

The issue isn't the detail per se. The detail isn't going to ruin the ride. But the detail shows that the creative focus is being spent on the most trivial crap.

LittleBuford

I agree to an extent, but the PR surrounding the ride has itself given outsize attention to these background details.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom