News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Buried20KLeague

Does bring up the question will the Tiana and Naveen look as good as these newer AA's they are rolling out lately..
NNsWpQqqNabJeIBS3VcHgl18rB1RjCYNm6FYtXUwv-U.gif

I'm sure by Destination D they may show more details...

One piece of art shows Tiana holding a lamp, and copying an existing AA design and reskinning it is cheaper than a ground up design. And this is Disney. So…

Just sayin’.

Though it’s a great AA.

Dear Prudence

They always do.

Which is why we’re planning our 4th trip there. After Disneyland Paris later this month. And Disneyland last October. All without any WDW visits and none on the horizon.

We used to spend three weeks a year at WDW, staying onsite. For years, it’s been the lowest on the Disney totem pole for us and we don’t really care when we get back.
Just a quick note here, the totem pole line, though common, is inaccurate. The actual bottom of the totem pole is considered one of the most sacred and important roles for a figure to hold.

Speaking of Tokyo Disney Parks, not ONLY is it cheaper for me to go all the way to either Paris' or Japan's parks from the Bay Area, the parks in Japan are actually maintained. I just don't understand why people are so complacent to spend that kind of money on parks that are so run down. (Lord knows the money isn't going to CMs.) For as many complaints about Splash's conditions (Also why are people acting like the ride didn't maintain itself?!), it's only a matter of a few months after TBA opens that it's not going to be working. Snow White's update stopped working after 3-4 months. ROTR never works.

Buried20KLeague

Just a quick note here, the totem pole line, though common, is inaccurate. The actual bottom of the totem pole is considered one of the most sacred and important roles for a figure to hold.

Speaking of Tokyo Disney Parks, not ONLY is it cheaper for me to go all the way to either Paris' or Japan's parks from the Bay Area, the parks in Japan are actually maintained. I just don't understand why people are so complacent to spend that kind of money on parks that are so run down. (Lord knows the money isn't going to CMs.) For as many complaints about Splash's conditions (Also why are people acting like the ride didn't maintain itself?!), it's only a matter of a few months after TBA opens that it's not going to be working. Snow White's update stopped working after 3-4 months. ROTR never works.

Yeti.

Imagine if the monster at journey to the center of the earth didn’t move for more than a decade.

Oh wait. We can’t. Because that would never happen.

LittleBuford

I just don't understand why people are so complacent to spend that kind of money on parks that are so run down.
I haven’t been to Japan yet—it’s high on my list—but I’ve visited Disneyland Paris several times. It’s a beautiful park, and I very much enjoy my time there, but I have to say that the American parks to me just “feel” more Disney. I’m sure a large part of it is that I’m a Brit (albeit one who’s lived in the US for many years now) for whom the Disney brand of Americana holds a particular sort of appeal that can’t be replicated elsewhere.

erasure fan1

And maintenance CAN be done, they just don't want to. And it's not just being an overly negative Nancy, they've repeatedly demonstrated their unwillingness to do the bare minimum
Yup. The gates have been turning no matter the effort Disney puts in. Maintenance costs money and if Disney doesn't have to do it, they won't. I completely agree that Tiana won't make it past 6 months being properly maintained. If Disneys largest most ambitious ride they've ever done, in their flagship billion dollar land doesn't work proper. What chance does this have.

yensidtlaw1969

Yet they felt the need to bullet point it in a major announcement on new details of the ride.

Which sort of encapsulates the entire problem with this attraction so far. And which you seen not able to understand.

EDIT TO ADD: apparently I’m late to the party…. Posted this before I read a bunch of posts saying the same thing basically. Ah well. I ain’t deleting it.
It's one bullet point out of many in a blog post. "Major announcement" is an overstatement.

What should they be talking about at this stage in the redo that hasn't already been established? The ride system is remaining the same, the theme is based on a known property, it's set in the New Orleans Bayou, there will be dozens of new Animatronics, we know which main characters will appear, there will be new projection effects, the music is a mix of themes from the movie and original songs, they're pumping scents into the queue . . . they've stopped short of storyboarding the major showscenes for us, which is both normal and also prudent given that'll be the main surprise of this ride.

Teasing out the details of the experience isn't unusual practice for Disney. They've put out a few more blog posts than normal for this ride (or maybe they haven't, but they've certainly gotten more attention than normal), but there's also been a bigger cultural conversation around this ride than usual, so it makes sense that they'd feel the need to combat some of that by releasing more teasers.

If you don't like the method by which they're doing that or the quality of those teasers then that's fine, but it's silly to insist that color the entire outlook on the attraction. Pretending they're making some of these tidbits out to be major setpieces is silly when anyone with half a context clue can tell they definitely aren't.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

If the tips of his drumsticks are made in real life like they are in the pic, I’m gonna lose it. For real. I’m a drummer.
Do you take similar interest in how the drumsticks were rendered in The Princess and the Frog movie?

The story is being told with Animated characters. You may have to forgive that some pieces of it are rendered like an Animation.

Screenshot 2023-06-03 at 1.15.30 PM.png

Buried20KLeague

It's one bullet point out of many in a blog post. "Major announcement" is an overstatement.

What should they be talking about at this stage in the redo that hasn't already been established? The ride system is remaining the same, the theme is based on a known property, it's set in the New Orleans Bayou, there will be dozens of new Animatronics, we know which main characters will appear, there will be new projection effects, the music is a mix of themes from the movie and original songs, they're pumping scents into the queue . . . they've stopped short of storyboarding the major showscenes for us, which is both normal and also prudent given that'll be the main surprise of this ride.

Teasing out the details of the experience isn't unusual practice for Disney. They've put out a few more blog posts than normal for this ride (or maybe they haven't, but they've certainly gotten more attention than normal), but there's also been a bigger cultural conversation around this ride than usual, so it makes sense that they'd feel the need to combat some of that by releasing more teasers.
If you don't like the method by which they're doing that or the quality of those teasers then that's fine, but it's silly to insist that color the entire outlook on the attraction. Pretending they're making some of these tidbits out to be major setpieces is silly when anyone with half a context clue can tell they definitely aren't.

Not one person here has said the WW1 thing is going to be a “major set piece”. And you’re entirely missing the point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom