News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

UNCgolf

I suspect it will be a lot like Frozen Ever After. Not necessarily a compliment or criticism.

I hear the fireflies buzz in tune to the music. That’s actually pretty cute.

It's better than Frozen Ever After (not that that's a high bar to clear, at least IMO), but not as good as Splash (or any of Disney's other top of the line E tickets). If Splash was a 9 or 10, this is a 6 or 7.

It's not a bad ride; it's just not a great one.

MrPromey

Turns out her real dream was neither to open her own restaurant nor to run a food co-op, but instead to start an animal band!
You know, they say it's the human drive to never be satisfied - that once we have what we wanted, we want new things.

Next, she'll want to be president, then she'll want to rule the world. After that, she'll set her sites on the galaxy... and that's when Marvel will take over the storyline.

thomas998

I still don't get why Tiana's disembodied voice is singing during the first portion of the ride up in the garden. The instrumental is fine, is it just the movie audio?
My guess is it was designed by idiots that didn't actually bother to even watch the movie. It has several things that just don't make sense... like where you see the frogs and Tiana at the same time... For the most part it seems to have just taken random bits from the movie with no concern for the continuity of what happens first or second and then completely ignores the villain that would have been a much better character to put near the top of the big drop. It also had too much of the damnable LCD screens in it. I'm kind of surprised they didn't just remove everything and just use projectors throughout for the whole ride.

MrPromey

I'll have an upcoming article with thoughts on this one. :)
In your video (which is so much better than the one they released - why, oh why did they do that?), it seems like they did a decent job of mixing the screens in the backgrounds for extra characters with the "live" animatronics in that final scene, helped by the kenetic energy of physical movement all pulling for your attention.

That said, this Charlotte with animated eyes and head but frozen smile comes across as really creepy nightmare fuel to me.

Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 8.06.43 PM.png

I had to go back and rewatch that part a couple of times because my brain just couldn't process what I was seeing and for anyone reading this, you have to see it moving to understand what I mean.

I just saw The Strangers: Chapter 1 this weekend so maybe that had something to do with it.

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

It's better than Frozen Ever After (not that that's a high bar to clear, at least IMO), but not as good as Splash (or any of Disney's other top of the line E tickets). If Splash was a 9 or 10, this is a 6 or 7.

It's not a bad ride; it's just not a great one.
I don't think I realized how much the suspense of that lift added to the attraction. In TBA, it's basically treated like one of the smaller more negligible drops and in turn reduces the thrill aspect of it, IMO.

MK-fan

I wonder if the imagineers even thought to put some kind of Splash Mountain tribute. It’s been a tradition but I feel like Disney is beyond that now.

UNCgolf

I don't think I realized how much the suspense of that lift added to the attraction. In TBA, it's basically treated like one of the smaller more negligible drops and in turn reduces the thrill aspect of it, IMO.

I honestly think it would be a better ride (at least from a design standpoint) without the drop. Less thrilling, obviously, but it would make more sense.

I said it elsewhere (or maybe upthread here, who knows), but if you cut out a few minutes of ride time (to eliminate some of the gaps and places where you're just staring at an AA waiting to get close enough for it to trigger) and removed the drop, it would be a pretty good boat ride addition to the park.

It feels like the existing Splash Mountain ride system was actually a hindrance to what they were doing with this attraction rather than a bonus.

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

Here is our video from today's preview

Must say the plot and dialogue is wearing thinner on me each time I see a video. Tiana is almost like another signpost in the ride in that every time you encounter her she's spelling out exactly what we're doing ("let's join Louis and find some musicians for our party!") or that the animals you are looking at are the musicians ("they can play, no doubt! We'll ask them to join the band!"). It's kind of like if there was a figure at the beginning of every scene in Pirates saying things like "those mean pirates are ransacking the town!"

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Like the final boss in a video game, you knew it was coming and everything prior just built the anticipation. The whole shrinking and growing thing in TBA seemed like an afterthought with no real relevance.

eddie104

My final verdict is that this would have worked better as smaller C ticket dark ride around 4-5 minutes versus a 12 minute E ticket attraction.

Imagine all those scenes put into a smaller layout.

It would work much better instead of having to fill out all those spaces previously filled with physical sets like Splash had.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom