News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

LittleBuford

Sorry if this has been asked or answered but do we know why they did not include Naveen? I saw concept art where he was included but apprently he was cut somewhere along the line. Just seems like a weird thing to leave out. I mean besides you know all the other issues this ride has now lol.
He’s included in the finale, no? My guess is they deemed it too expensive to create a second Naveen animatronic for earlier in the ride.

Ghost93

Sorry if this has been asked or answered but do we know why they did not include Naveen? I saw concept art where he was included but apprently he was cut somewhere along the line. Just seems like a weird thing to leave out. I mean besides you know all the other issues this ride has now lol.
I think the lack of Naveen was the most surprising element to me since he was the co-lead of the movie.

One of the YouTube reviews I saw of Tiana's Bayou Adventure, that had a mixed-leaning positive review of the ride, noted that most Disney rides tend to recreate the iconography of their films — even if the rides are technically set after the film like in Frozen Ever After. He noted one thing that might disappoint Princess and the Frog fans is how TIana's Bayou Adventure feels very disconnected from what people remember about the movie. Naveen is hardly in it. There's no epic "transformation" scene where Tiana and Naveen kiss and revert to human form. Tiana doesn't wear her iconic blue or green dresses and is seen sporting an Indiana Jones/Lara Croft/Jungle Cruise-type adventure outfit with a new haircut. Dr. Facillier and the shadow demons are completely gone. Ray is gone and any overt references to Evangeline. Overall it just feels very very loosely connected to the Princess and the Frog.

I've gone through the stages of grief already in terms of realizing the new ride isn't what I wanted it to be. I hope Disney makes improvements to it later down the line (more animatronics, more Naveen, some thrill elements, etc.) but if the ride remains as is it's a perfectly decent attraction. It just doesn't compare at all to what came before, despite the Princess and the Frog IP having the potential to create a ride that was better than Splash.

Maybe if the Tiana movie/series that's in the works ever comes out and is more tied to the iconography of the ride, the creative decisions made in Tiana's Bayou Adventure might make more sense and be less baffling in retrospect.

Trauma

I think the lack of Naveen was the most surprising element to me since he was the co-lead of the movie.

One of the YouTube reviews I saw of Tiana's Bayou Adventure, that had a mixed-leaning positive review of the ride, noted that most Disney rides tend to recreate the iconography of their films — even if the rides are technically set after the film like in Frozen Ever After. He noted one thing that might disappoint Princess and the Frog fans is how TIana's Bayou Adventure feels very disconnected from what people remember about the movie. Naveen is hardly in it. There's no epic "transformation" scene where Tiana and Naveen kiss and revert to human form. Tiana doesn't wear her iconic blue or green dresses and is seen sporting an Indiana Jones/Lara Croft/Jungle Cruise-type adventure outfit with a new haircut. Dr. Facillier and the shadow demons are completely gone. Ray is gone and any overt references to Evangeline. Overall it just feels very very loosely connected to the Princess and the Frog.

I've gone through the stages of grief already in terms of realizing the new ride isn't what I wanted it to be. I hope Disney makes improvements to it later down the line (more animatronics, more Naveen, some thrill elements, etc.) but if the ride remains as is it's a perfectly decent attraction. It just doesn't compare at all to what came before, despite the Princess and the Frog IP having the potential to create a ride that was better than Splash.

Maybe if the Tiana movie/series that's in the works ever comes out and is more tied to the iconography of the ride, the creative decisions made in Tiana's Bayou Adventure might make more sense and be less baffling in retrospect.
Yeah but is the tv show going to be as widely recognized as the movie?

That seems far fetched to me.

ChesireCat11

From the videos I saw you can here him in the queue talking to Louis and Tiana.

He also says the Spanish version of the safety stuff, you can hear him in this video

Trauma

From the videos I saw you can here him in the queue talking to Louis and Tiana.

He also says the Spanish version of the safety stuff, you can hear him in this video

Not to rehash sign gate since it’s the least of the rides problems, but every time I see a sign for this ride it just seems so bad.

I’m not fluent in the design language that others have used to explain it, but I can’t tell ya it all looks wrong to me.

Smiley/OCD

exactly, seems like they purposely under lit the whole inside to hide the fact of empty spaces and then brightly lit the clumps of AA's with saturated unnatural lighting. The lighting along with the sound selection also seems to be at odds. If you were going to create a nighttime mood by making it mostly dark to hide the lack of critters at least add to the soundtrack more audio that allows us to hear what the bayou at night sounds like. I have experienced bayous and the amount of life in one is amazing whether they are visible or not. They failed to create a mood for the environment instead they blast the music and kill it.

I am hoping that it is just terrible videos that are making it look and feel this way and that in person it will be much better.
The beignet cart will be replaced with an official Disney flashlight kiosk so you can find your way when you get evacuated…it’s like they took the darkness from Dinosaur and moved if to TBA…now it can’t run for 96 hours without going down? I guess Bob hired ex-Pep Boys mechanics to do the reopening repairs…

Tha Realest

Just reminding that this is not open to the general public...MAYBE we'll see more changes/fixes before it opens or things that are planned but not yet implemented (which makes Disney releasing an on-ride video very odd but also completely on-brand for their crap marketing team right now)
Do they have a few set pieces or dozen or so AA’s at the ready?
I'm hoping that DLR's team is seeing the reactions and able to make some adjustments. I know they have been able to fight for better quality due to the difference in visitors and their expectations.
they always get the better versions of these things so checks out.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
He’s included in the finale, no? My guess is they deemed it too expensive to create a second Naveen animatronic for earlier in the ride.
Is he? I will have to go back and look I watched the video a few times I guess I missed them?

From the videos I have a hard time wrapping my head around the amount of blank or dead space in the attraction. That being said I think you make good point here regarding characters and how the ride feels disconnected from the movie. Almost like they don’t know how to use their characters in rides that are not book report rides.

Sectorkeeper71

Not to rehash sign gate since it’s the least of the rides problems, but every time I see a sign for this ride it just seems so bad.

I’m not fluent in the design language that others have used to explain it, but I can’t tell ya it all looks wrong to me.
the signage is so very disjointed. I look even at what they did in galaxy’s edge or Toy Story land, and the signage is cohesive and doesn’t feel out of place.

Others have said it’s an issue of “too many cooks in the kitchen” and I would believe that.

Ice Gator

Others have said it’s an issue of “too many cooks in the kitchen” and I would believe that.
this feels like the case to me, down to the story itself. The Tiana’s Foods storyline and Mardi Gra celebration seems like an awkward conglomeration of two separate ideas that came to be at different points of the rides conception.

I always thought Tiana’s dream was just to open her restaurant- Tiana’s Place/Palace- not kickstart an entire food production co-op.

Sir_Cliff

this feels like the case to me, down to the story itself. The Tiana’s Foods storyline and Mardi Gra celebration seems like an awkward conglomeration of two separate ideas that came to be at different points of the rides conception.

I always thought Tiana’s dream was just to open her restaurant- Tiana’s Place/Palace- not kickstart an entire food production co-op.
Turns out her real dream was neither to open her own restaurant nor to run a food co-op, but instead to start an animal band!

Trauma

Here is our video from today's preview

Well your video is better than Disneys.

Unfortunately it’s still not a good ride.

First Tiana animatronic just stares at you until your log is in position.

Most of the sets seem lifeless.

The story is MIA as far as I can tell.

The screens in the laughing place are TERRIBLE.

The music is fine but the finale is no Zip.

If I had to pick one word to describe this attraction:

Soulless

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom