News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

ToTBellHop

I find it odd that the queue seems so nicely detailed with sets and props,,,yet the ride scenes couldn't? For what they spent there, that could have gone to more filled out show scenes instead.
I don’t actually think the ride is a sparse as some suggest. Dark videos perhaps don’t show it well, but everything is pretty lush. A far cry from the literal dark emptiness of Dinosaur, for example. I’d like more critters, of course, but there should be something to look at the entire ride. Arguably more to look at for the first few minutes than the predecessor had.

Trauma

I don’t actually think the ride is a sparse as some suggest. Dark videos perhaps don’t show it well, but everything is pretty lush. A far cry from the literal dark emptiness of Dinosaur, for example. I’d like more critters, of course, but there should be something to look at the entire ride. Arguably more to look at for the first few minutes than the predecessor had.
Yeah if you consider foliage as something to look at.

It doesn’t have the same density of interesting details. Once Splash got rolling you were immersed in a world of big set pieces and tiny details all working together to tell the main story and flesh out a backstory all at once. I little bit of humor here, a little bit of scary there. The ability to capture your attention in new and interesting ways every time you got on another log.
The music just carrying you along for the journey always enhancing the emotions of the moment.

Splash was an artistic masterpiece. Simple yet complex, whimsical yet scary. When you were inside that log there was no place on Earth you would rather be.

I always looked at Splash as culmination of all that Imagineering had learned over time manifested into a single attraction.

If I had to explain to someone what the “Magic” of Disney was without words, I would simply have taken them on Splash.

It should have stood forever in the Magic Kingdom as a shining example to all generations as to what the soul of the Walt Disney company is made of.

Imagination, ingenuity, storytelling and magic.

That has been lost now.

Its replacement might have fancy animatronics and cool lighting packages, but it has no soul.

We have lost the crown jewel of the Magic Kingdom and I am immensely saddened by that.

Jedi14

There's really only one dead space area and some static figures could fix it.

Vclguy90

I do wonder if this attraction is gonna work a lot better at Disneyland, based on the scale and flow of that version.

Was it designed for Disneyland and then made to fit in the MK version?

@wdwmagic any insight?
I mean Disneyland's is a bit quicker so the pacing may work "better?" But you can't fix the laughing place and the unclimatic drop. There is just no crescendo to it.

Disney Glimpses

The first set of indoor track could use one additional scene. Two would be ideal.

Ice Gator

Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Ice Gator

Yep the Imagineers probably had an idea for a PATF ride on the drawing board but were forced to place the concept into Splash’s layout.
With that in mind... yeah. It was probably intended to be a part of early "Beyond Big Thunder" development. I'm convinced that has been a project they've been thinking about for years now, even before Bayou Adventure was rushed to announcement in 2020.

Capacity in MK has been an issue for a long time, and I'm guessing Imagineers have gone through countless concepts of what they could put back there to expand the park. This was likely just one of the ideas for an original attraction and when people on Twitter started pressing for a retheme of Splash, corporate doubled down and jumped the gun, forcing Imagineers to focus on this project instead.

I remember there was somebody on Twitter who rendered their concept on Rollercoaster Tycoon/Planet Coaster of the PatF retheme and it started trending. Then *coincidentally* they showed off the concept art a few months after. This was never Imagineering's idea, but rather a direct response from the company that they pressed on them. It was an ingenuine effort from the beginning, and I believe that is why people like Baxter jumped off early in development.

dothebrdwalk

I think the experience as a whole will be totally different in person and much better than Navi. We will see. People I know personally have ridden it and are loving it.
See that is what is so interesting!

Every review I've seen on Twitter (by people who have ACTUALLY ridden it) has been relatively positive. They're not "shills", they're not "WOKE DEI enthusiasts," but they are normal park guests riding with their kids and reviews have been glowing.

Maybe we shouldn't take everyone who has the word "Br'er" in their usernames' opinions at face value?

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member

Every review I've seen on Twitter (by people who have ACTUALLY ridden it) has been relatively positive. They're not "shills", they're not "WOKE DEI enthusiasts," but they are normal park guests riding with their kids and reviews have been glowing.

Maybe we shouldn't take everyone who has the word "Br'er" in their usernames' opinions at face value?
I thought it is just CM previews?

Vegas Disney Fan

I think this was covered a few pages back, TBA is sure to be a fun and popular ride, but that’s a different conversation from what we’re doing here which is comparing it to what it replaced.

Space Mtn is one of my favorite rides at WDW, that said it pales in comparison to Velocicoaster (my favorite ride anywhere), if we were to compare them here it would probably sound like I dislike Space but the reality is I love it, it just doesn’t match Velocicoaster.

The unthemed log flume at our local park is fun and people love it, that doesn’t mean it matches the level of the flumes at the Disney parks though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom