News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Tha Realest

I appreciate this. I really do. I’d add that there are things that - thus far - appear to be missing from this experience that are head scratchers. First and foremost, Dr. Facilier. “Friends on the Other Side.” Yes, we’re getting a Tiana, but it feels like it’s Tiana 2.0 (or maybe 3.0) as compared to the character we came to know from the film.

And, while comparisons are unfair, they’re using the same track and layout of Splash. Splash was a master class at building the foreboding nature of the drop. It had a growing sense of thrill and anticipation as you moved through it. What we know of the story thus far appears to have none of that conflict or sense of danger.
Ahem.

Trauma

In your video (which is so much better than the one they released - why, oh why did they do that?), it seems like they did a decent job of mixing the screens in the backgrounds for extra characters with the "live" animatronics in that final scene, helped by the kenetic energy of physical movement all pulling for your attention.

That said, this Charlotte with animated eyes and head but frozen smile comes across as really creepy nightmare fuel to me.

View attachment 789349

I had to go back and rewatch that part a couple of times because my brain just couldn't process what I was seeing and for anyone reading this, you have to see it moving to understand what I mean.

I just saw The Strangers: Chapter 1 this weekend so maybe that had something to do with it.
Yeah so let’s break this down a little bit further.

The use of screens ( I hate screens but they have a place ) in the finale is fine. I would say it’s adds to the scene in a positive way.

So why the massive inconsistency ?

The way they used screens in the laughin place is almost criminal !!

This entire ride is like one step forward two steps back.

It’s just not the screens, but it’s one example to illustrate the point.

So many head shaking questions…

Disney Analyst

Here is our video from today's preview

Really great video - while I'd like to see some timing tweaked, especially with Mama Odie at the end, she feels like she kinda... dies between boats, I actually am really liking what I am seeing now that we have better videos.

It's gorgeously themed, with fantastic AA scenes bursting with life. It could use a couple more scattered solo throughout, but I am not mad at this.

I just do not love the Tiana / Louis projection, and hope that gets changed to something else eventually.

Also, I kinda love the queue.

UNCgolf

Really great video - while I'd like to see some timing tweaked, especially with Mama Odie at the end, she feels like she kinda... dies between boats, I actually am really liking what I am seeing now that we have better videos.

It's gorgeously themed, with fantastic AA scenes bursting with life. It could use a couple more scattered solo throughout, but I am not mad at this.

I just do not love the Tiana / Louis projection, and hope that gets changed to something else eventually.

I really like what we've seen of the queue too, with a few small exceptions.

Disney Analyst

Also, to add to myself....

Could they not have just filmed the AAs for the projections, would that look too uncanny valley? I almost feel a filmed AA would love better than the CGI versions of Tiana and Louis...

Vclguy90

My final verdict is that this would have worked better as smaller C ticket dark ride around 4-5 minutes versus a 12 minute E ticket attraction.

Imagine all those scenes put into a smaller layout.

It would work much better instead of having to fill out all those spaces previously filled with physical sets like Splash had.
This. It has great small fantasyland darkride set ups but put in too large of an attraction. Makes me think this entire ride as it stands was made for a smaller dark ride with a smaller footprint but were advised to spread it out for SM.

seabreezept813

Splash is one of the greatest rides ever built by WDI…top 5 at a minimum. It’s been incredibly popular with long lines for 30+ years.

Frankly…you don’t seem to get what you’re talking about here…
Asking about lightning lanes and genie ? A mongrel system that’s 2 years old? 🙄

Let me fill this one in for you:
Yes…people ran to splash
Yes…the fastpasses were always gone
Yes…there were 2+ hour waits for that sucker for years (in medieval times before apps that post inaccurate wait times to create upsells)

Glad I could help fill in the gaps here.

Also…you want them to hack up more older rides for this kinda nonsense? That gonna make those $200 tickets more worthwhile?
People stopped rope dropping Frontierland in general because Mine Train was most bang for your buck and all extra morning hours were isolated to fantasyland and Tomorrowland. Once the morning hours were common, we started rope dropping the other side of the park because the other areas weren’t open. Also FP+ allowed you to book in the middle of the day when it was hottest.

eddie104

This. It has great small fantasyland darkride set ups but put in too large of an attraction. Makes me think this entire ride as it stands was made for a smaller dark ride with a smaller footprint but were advised to spread it out for SM.
Yep the Imagineers probably had an idea for a PATF ride on the drawing board but were forced to place the concept into Splash’s layout.

Disney Glimpses

My final verdict is that this would have worked better as smaller C ticket dark ride around 4-5 minutes versus a 12 minute E ticket attraction.

Imagine all those scenes put into a smaller layout.

It would work much better instead of having to fill out all those spaces previously filled with physical sets like Splash had.
I do agree. It feels like a D-ticket retrofit into an E-ticket's ride system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom