Thumbs up! Now point at it! We're baaack..1/23-2/1

Yep yep yep! We're back! I actually kept notes like a good girl and have been true to form by procrastinating on writing this report. All my text is finished. I still have to proof read as I go. I'm still in the process of uploading photos and video. I ain't even gonna try to edit any of that. I'm just gonna plug it in and go with this thing. Yeah, it's gonna be a heck of a journey for you readers so get ready. It was a heck of a journey for us along the way.

If you missed my pre-trippie & are interested, here's the link for that:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=389610

Again, this is my 1st ever trip report. It may get a little wordy at times but bear with me. Here we go!

Last edited:

DormaNesbit

First, what a wonderful family you are! Tell those handsome boys of yours that they are bona fide wdwmagic stars! Uncle Jerry's comment in the last Chef Mickey's video is priceless! H2OBabie had those wonderful priceless ads in her trip report, you need to send Uncle Jerry's in----it is priceless! The last time we were in Disney (August of 2006) I spent two hours crying in the pool at POR because I knew it would be a real long time before we got to go again. Just a note about obnoxious people, I wished you could get some pokes into the ones that rushed you at TSM and good for you on not letting the child in when the father is teaching her it's ok to cut people off! Thank you for sharing your family trip!:wave::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
[FONT=&quot]
100_0292.jpg
[/FONT]

Nice pic!

Disney Daddy

Great trip report. One question...for you video clips, did you use a camcorder or just the video function of your digital camera?

Thanks!

--Buzz

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Great trip report. One question...for you video clips, did you use a camcorder or just the video function of your digital camera?

Thanks!

--Buzz

Actually, I'm glad you asked about the camera. I was soooo impressed with the new camera. Brian asked for a simple video camera for Christmas which got me doing a lot of shopping. I ordered this one:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/579394-REG/Sanyo_VPC_E2BL_VPC_E2_Xacti_E2_Waterproof.html

It has a ton of cool features including underwater video capability and 8 megapixel stills. When it got here I was so impressed that I ordered him the solid white one and kept the blue one for me. LOL! We both got 8g SDHC cards, extra batteries, and I got him the water leash. Everything was very reasonable and totalled up to less than $300 each. He keeps the water leash velcro'd around his wrist anytime he's using his camera (not just in the water) in case he drops it. For the trip I would use the standard wrist strap, secure it to my wrist, put the padded cover over the camera, and go. If a photo or video op came up I'd just pop the cover off, flip it open, and shoot. Very easy, very convenient, and the quality of the stills and video was just fine. The camera does everything my Kodak point & shoot does with all the little selections/options/etc. The only thing the Sanyo won't do is zoom in as much as my Kodak. I love this camera! It rocks!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Wow! Great trip report! I loved all the pics. I usually don't get to read many but I had to take the time and read every page!!

I am so happy that you had such a great trip! And I am with you on leaving on the last day. I always get teary eyed.....

Pam

Kerby626

Wow, that's the most I think I've ever seen you put down on screen. I know every one of those kids in your pics too. Some of them better than others. I'm glad Jerry got to go with you guys. Pretty darn cool. I'm still waiting for my pics of the youngest in his Splinter Cell attire....

TakeMeThere81

And, sweetpea, how exciting that Mickey is now at Cape May's. Although I guess now it's the same characters as Chef Mickey's pretty much.

I'm so happy to get this info b/c while making our ADRs for May, Chef Mickey's was not available. After seeing your videos, I wanted to give it a try!! :( But I guess you guys really enjoyed the Cape May character breakfast just as much?

I loved "Knuckle Jerry" 's comment at the last video, that's pretty much how I feel when we leave. I HATE passing the "See Ya Real Soon!" sign, that one kills. I guess what keeps my sadness at bay is thinking of the stuff we didn't get to do, but get to do next trip. Also pouring through pics and video always makes me smile. And hey, I hope you get to tag along on another family trip too!

All and all, just wanted to share my thoughts and let you know I really enjoyed your TR! We go in May (as mentioned above) and this report is the one that has me so excited!!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I'm so happy to get this info b/c while making our ADRs for May, Chef Mickey's was not available. After seeing your videos, I wanted to give it a try!! :( But I guess you guys really enjoyed the Cape May character breakfast just as much?

I loved "Knuckle Jerry" 's comment at the last video, that's pretty much how I feel when we leave. I HATE passing the "See Ya Real Soon!" sign, that one kills. I guess what keeps my sadness at bay is thinking of the stuff we didn't get to do, but get to do next trip. Also pouring through pics and video always makes me smile. And hey, I hope you get to tag along on another family trip too!

All and all, just wanted to share my thoughts and let you know I really enjoyed your TR! We go in May (as mentioned above) and this report is the one that has me so excited!!

Oh gosh! I've had a lot of comments on Mickey at Cape May. I'm not 100% sure about that because he didn't ever make it to our table. In fact, I only saw what we all thought was him at a distance more like a side/back view for a split second as he was walking "backstage". I don't think that was Minnie we saw because she had come to our table already. I would just totally hate it if you went to Cape May expecting to see the big cheese and he wasn't there. Really? No availability at Chef Mickey's? Have you tried Ohana? I know the food isn't what Chef Mickey's is but Mickey is there. Of course, just like the dining reservation people say, "all characters are subject to change without notice". Keep calling back for that Chef Mickey's! You might get in. Aaaand, the 1st breakfast we had at Chef Mickey's was an early walk-up. You could try that, too! Good luck! I hope you get it. After all, that's the only place I've found that serves the Goofy's Vegetable Lasagna which is my faaaavorite breakfast food in all of WDW (well, Tonga Toast is almost as good but not quite). Okay. I'm hungry now. :slurp:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Great report, thanks much for taking the time for such a detailed report with all the attachments!

I must say, I think this is the first report that I've read that includes washing hair! :ROFLOL:

Enjoy the boys at this age...yea, it's kinda awkward...but it won't be long before they're too cool to be hanging with mom and dad...no less giving hugs!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I just spent a good hour soaking in your entire trip report. Amazing! Thank you so much for sharing the trip with all of us. Definitely helped me 'catch the fever' for my bday trip this weekend!

Your food pictures were great, and loved all the Character pictures.

Thanks again!

wdwmomof3

I absolutely love your trip report. You did a great job with it and you took some amazing pictures. You also have a beautiful family!! Oh, and I can totally relate to the looking back at everything as you leave. :cry: I do the very same thing, but this next time I am going to get the picture of the welcome sign as we leave, from the back window. That says it all.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Wow! Great trip report! I loved all the pics. I usually don't get to read many but I had to take the time and read every page!!

I am so happy that you had such a great trip! And I am with you on leaving on the last day. I always get teary eyed.....

Pam

Thanks, Pam! I hope it made all the insanity leading up to getting there more worthwhile for ya. :animwink:

Wow, that's the most I think I've ever seen you put down on screen. I know every one of those kids in your pics too. Some of them better than others. I'm glad Jerry got to go with you guys. Pretty darn cool. I'm still waiting for my pics of the youngest in his Splinter Cell attire....

Yeppers! We miss y'all and think of you lots. Give them bitty stinkers a smoochin' for us! :kiss: I think Jerry being part of a family with kiddos on a regular basis again along with this trip has been the best bandaid for his heart. He needs family and lots of love. That's why we fed him the Beverly. It's called "family and love". LOL! I'll get Brian to dress up in the Splinter Cell stuff for you. He's more into Jason Vorhes these days, tho.

Great report, thanks much for taking the time for such a detailed report with all the attachments!

I must say, I think this is the first report that I've read that includes washing hair! :ROFLOL:

Enjoy the boys at this age...yea, it's kinda awkward...but it won't be long before they're too cool to be hanging with mom and dad...no less giving hugs!
Ya know, you're soooo right! I thought it was a little weird noting what time I got up and what time I got in bed because I've never seen other people mention that in their reports like I did. But the washing hair does stand out, too! I guess I thought to mention it because washing my hair is so much work plus the blow-drying and the earlier morning the following day to straighten it. I need to just bring my friend who does my hair on vacation with me. She makes so much more fun!

i REALLY enjoyed your trip report! best one ive ever read! :)
Wow! Ever? No way! Perhaps I set the bar too high. If I do an abbreviated report next time I may be in trouble. Uh-oh....

I just spent a good hour soaking in your entire trip report. Amazing! Thank you so much for sharing the trip with all of us. Definitely helped me 'catch the fever' for my bday trip this weekend!

Your food pictures were great, and loved all the Character pictures.

Thanks again!
I'm so glad you enjoyed our adventure! Happy Birthday a little early! I'll look forward to a little blurb when you get back. :animwink:

I absolutely love your trip report. You did a great job with it and you took some amazing pictures. You also have a beautiful family!! Oh, and I can totally relate to the looking back at everything as you leave. :cry: I do the very same thing, but this next time I am going to get the picture of the welcome sign as we leave, from the back window. That says it all.
Thanks for the compliments on the family and the report. I didn't really plan on the looking back at the welcome sign picture. I took it mainly because I didn't take a pic of it on the way in. It's a perfect perspective for the moment, tho.

TakeMeThere81

Oh gosh! I've had a lot of comments on Mickey at Cape May. I'm not 100% sure about that because he didn't ever make it to our table. In fact, I only saw what we all thought was him at a distance more like a side/back view for a split second as he was walking "backstage". I don't think that was Minnie we saw because she had come to our table already. I would just totally hate it if you went to Cape May expecting to see the big cheese and he wasn't there...

Oh, no worries! We got ressies for Cape May and we're excited! It's not really a huge deal if Mickey or Minnie don't show up, there's other fun characters. We just like doing it this way so we don't have to stand in all those lines for Characters. You get a few checked off this way you know? If we don't see Mickey and Minnie, we'll just see them at Toontown and get there at rope drop one morning at MK.

I'm not sure if we'll try Ohana or CM just because we've already got 2 character breakfasts scheduled (Cape May and Crystal Palace). My attitude is that there's always other trips...so much to do! But I will definitely keep the walk-up option in the back of my mind for both CM and Ohana, in case we want to be spontaneous! I guess there is always character lunch and dinner opportunities too, you just have to know when and where.

Jessie&Buzz

What a great report. I don't usually take time to read through all the pages on reports but I couldn't stop reading yours. You have a great looking family. I felt like I was at WDW with you. I laughed at all the funny things and I cried when you were leaving. The video of Brian crying at Chef Mickey's got me. I love the dancing one too.

Thank you so much for posting this. It helps with the wait till Oct.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Oh, no worries! We got ressies for Cape May and we're excited! It's not really a huge deal if Mickey or Minnie don't show up, there's other fun characters. We just like doing it this way so we don't have to stand in all those lines for Characters. You get a few checked off this way you know? If we don't see Mickey and Minnie, we'll just see them at Toontown and get there at rope drop one morning at MK.

I'm not sure if we'll try Ohana or CM just because we've already got 2 character breakfasts scheduled (Cape May and Crystal Palace). My attitude is that there's always other trips...so much to do! But I will definitely keep the walk-up option in the back of my mind for both CM and Ohana, in case we want to be spontaneous! I guess there is always character lunch and dinner opportunities too, you just have to know when and where.

Are you looking at Ohana just for breakfast?....because the dinner is not a character meal (at least not MK characters...:rolleyes:)

TakeMeThere81

Are you looking at Ohana just for breakfast?....because the dinner is not a character meal (at least not MK characters...:rolleyes:)

:lol: No plans past my two breakfast ADRS really, but I have a great guide that outlines the who, what and when of character meals. We're open to lunch and dinner too, characters are always a plus in our book!

Gucci65

Great trip report!:sohappy:

But now I'm a little worried about eating dinner at Chef Mickeys.......hopefully it won't be an off night.

sarabi

Digging your trip report so far (I've only read days 1 and 2), and I had a quick question:

What's mendi? I seriously can't believe I've not heard of this. Is this like a henna tattoo? Can you tell me more (what it is, how to get it, how much it costs)?

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Great trip report!:sohappy:

But now I'm a little worried about eating dinner at Chef Mickeys.......hopefully it won't be an off night.

Don't worry. Dinner was great. It was the breakfasts that the service was off. But we've eaten at Chef Mickeys lots over the years and this is the 1st time we've ever run into the service issue here. Chin up. Most likely you'll have a blast!

Digging your trip report so far (I've only read days 1 and 2), and I had a quick question:

What's mendi? I seriously can't believe I've not heard of this. Is this like a henna tattoo? Can you tell me more (what it is, how to get it, how much it costs)?

Yep, Mendi is the name for the art of henna tattooing. I don't know if I spelled it right or not. For the little design on my hand it cost $20+ a tip. The lady who does the Mendi talked a lot with me about the history and how it is a part of their culture. Part of the marriage ritual is for the bride to have her hands (palms) and feet covered in very elaborate designs in the Mendi. It's exquisite and quite beautiful. Generally I think the Mendi is done the day before the wedding because the day after it's done is when the henna color really deepens into it's richest color. So the tradition is that as long as the henna is visible on the new bride's hands and feet she will be on her honeymoon...this means no cooking, dishes, laundry, cleaning, etc. It is her husband's job to make sure she is taken care of during this time. Or maybe her duties just change to..uh..other newlywed stuff. LOL! I've seen it on tv and always thought it was so gorgeous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom