Things that gross you out in WDW.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

Sorry if this offends anyone on the boards but seeing over weight adults riding scooters around the park because they cannot handle the walking disgusts me.

PBarton

We were in Animal Kingdom last week and witnessed a woman changing a baby's nappy (diaper) in broad daylight on a table opposite Flights of Wonder.

This was all happening while guests were eating at the surrounding tables...

:mad:

Disgusting

DisneyPrincess5

We were in Animal Kingdom last week and witnessed a woman changing a baby's nappy (diaper) in broad daylight on a table opposite Flights of Wonder.

This was all happening while guests were eating at the surrounding tables...

:mad:

Disgusting

Ewwwwwww

You mean at a table where people eat...?

DisneyPrincess5

Yes...

The tables that look over to the Tree of Life. We were queued up waiting to buy Mickey Premiums at the nearby refreshment stand and just happened to look over to the seating area to look for free tables.

Eww that's one of the most disgusting things I've heard happen at WDW.
There are changing tables in the bathrooms for a reason...

pcarathers

Sorry if this offends anyone on the boards but seeing over weight adults riding scooters around the park because they cannot handle the walking disgusts me.

Don't be quick to judge others by this! My mom who happens to be overweight used one when we went back in 2004 and it is NOT because she can't handle the walking and her weight! It is because she has a bad leg that she BROKE not once but twice in the same spot! The first time, climbing a ladder and slipped between the steps and the second time, she slipped in some water and broke it! This originally happened in 1981, but she still has problems with that!

JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SEE A "PHYSICAL" HANDICAP, DOESNT MEAN THAT IT DOES NOT EXIST! :mad:

I_heart_Tigger

Eww that's one of the most disgusting things I've heard happen at WDW.
There are changing tables in the bathrooms for a reason...

i once saw a diaper floating in Splash Mountain. I told a CM and they said that kind of thing happens all the time...really???...you change your babies diaper then throw it into Splash Mountain!!!???

I meant throw the diaper...not the baby btw...though that may have happened before too, you know...hot day...frustrated parents...screaming baby :lookaroun

stitchtastic

Yuk!

The most disgusting thing I ever saw was a man wearing a vest top with the longest armpit hair I have ever seen and it was covered in what I can only imagine to be crystalised anti-persperant. Absolutely gross,double yuk:hurl:. Some men should shave their pits too!

sbkline

What disgusts me is the total lack of compassion people here have towards people with current conditions due to past mistakes. Yes, I agree with personal responsibility and that most of those people are fat due to their poor eating choices in the past. Unlike some, I don't brush it all off as a "disease", as that tends to remove personal responsibility. However, we all make poor choices of some sort and there are consequences to those choices. For those who have not taken proper care of their bodies by overeating and not excercising, one of the consequences that they are now facing is a current health problem which prevents them from being able to walk all over a theme park. Maybe they've been to a doctor and are taking baby steps to improve their condition, but that weight wasn't all put on in one day and the consequences of it aren't going to be rectified in one day. Yes, it is their fault that they are how they are now. And they very well may be taking steps to fix it. But whether they are or not, the fact is, right now, at this present time, they are unable to walk around the parks without a scooter.

Sheesh, I don't believe in premarital ______, but when I see a struggling single mother, I at least try to have some compassion for her current circumstances, rather than say things like "well, if the had kept her legs together, she wouldn't be in this mess." And it would be nice if we could show the same compassion to fat people.

*steps off soapbox*

Oh, and back on the germaphobe thing again, I know I'm gonna get flammed out of the thread for this (assumming the first part of my post doesn't accomplish that :D), but I really don't think anything of it when I see a parent changing the baby's diaper. Whether it's on a table, a bench, or whatever, it doesn't bother me and I really don't think anything of it. :shrug:

KingStefan

The way I see it, it's best not to judge when you don't know a person's situation.

I've heard many people complain about stuff like this, and THAT really grosses me out.

When I was younger and heathier, I used to think along these lines, but I was raised to be tolerant and compassionate, so I always tried to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Now I am glad that I did, because have peripheral neuropathy. This makes it difficult for me to get as much excersize as I'd like, which in turn makes it harder to keep fit, which makes it difficult to stay under my target weight. This in turn makes my diabetes harder to control, which causes my peripheral neuropathy to get worse, and so on and so forth. It is s vicious cycle. I'm glad that I gave people the benefit of the doubt when I was younger, because I don't have to carry around the guilt.

I can picture that in not too many years in the future, I'm not going to be able to get around the parks without some assistance (I already find it difficult to keep up the commando pace that my kids want to take sometimes, when just a few years ago it was I who was prodding them to keep up). And when it comes to that, one of the things that concerns me is that skinny little nose pickers will make fun of me because when I get up out of my chair I'll look perfectly normal.

All I can say is that I pray that 40 years from now, God forbid that you have some physical ailment that prevents you from enjoying WDW the way you are able to do now. Not only because I would never wish on anyone the suffering that I endure (as trivial as it is compared to some other people who are much worse off than I), but because if that should happen to you, then you will really regret your present immature attitude, and I wish you to be spared of that guilt.

dixiegirl

The way I see it, it's best not to judge when you don't know a person's situation.

I've heard many people complain about stuff like this, and THAT really grosses me out.

When I was younger and heathier, I used to think along these lines, but I was raised to be tolerant and compassionate, so I always tried to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Now I am glad that I did, because have peripheral neuropathy. This makes it difficult for me to get as much excersize as I'd like, which in turn makes it harder to keep fit, which makes it difficult to stay under my target weight. This in turn makes my diabetes harder to control, which causes my peripheral neuropathy to get worse, and so on and so forth. It is s vicious cycle. I'm glad that I gave people the benefit of the doubt when I was younger, because I don't have to carry around the guilt.

I can picture that in not too many years in the future, I'm not going to be able to get around the parks without some assistance (I already find it difficult to keep up the commando pace that my kids want to take sometimes, when just a few years ago it was I who was prodding them to keep up). And when it comes to that, one of the things that concerns me is that skinny little nose pickers will make fun of me because when I get up out of my chair I'll look perfectly normal.

All I can say is that I pray that 40 years from now, God forbid that you have some physical ailment that prevents you from enjoying WDW the way you are able to do now. Not only because I would never wish on anyone the suffering that I endure (as trivial as it is compared to some other people who are much worse off than I), but because if that should happen to you, then you will really regret your present immature attitude, and I wish you to be spared of that guilt.

Thank YOu!!!!
My mother -in-Law has not bad but terrible knees, she's had them operated on but to no help they still hurt....She's done disney with us and our girls, tried to "stick through it" or "suck it up" to the point we knew she was in pain, she fianlly gave in, and gor a scooter....And the trip for her was much more enjoyable. To look at her yes she is overweight, but that was not why she was using the scooter, and is far from lazy ...She was just trying to enjoy her trip(and not be in pain) with her grandchildren and family...

DisneyLeo18

While i believe there are DEFINITELY overweight people with other issues and that is why they cannot walk, there are also people who just refuse to walk. I'm not saying you know anyone or anyone you know is being lazy but some one in my family is one of these people. I didn't say anything to the family member because it is rude but i think its just being lazy. :shrug:

also i have had many sports induced knee injuries and used a wheel chair while looking perfectly fine. so you cant judge some one just because you dont see the handicap.

On with the topic!!! People losing their lunch (or whatever meal it may be) after a ride. gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-ross

OH well this overweight conversation caught my eye. So we went down with friends the last time. My friends mom is alittle over weight. So we were walking when she like twisted her ankle or something like that...I don't remember I just remember a leg problem! So she was going to take a scooter but then didn't because she didn't want to seem like she couldn't walk and look like an old lady.

Crazy4WDW1

One of the things that really grosses me out is seeing a woman of middle age or so not wearing a bra. I do not want to see someone's saggy .

Just so you know . . . I am a 48 year old woman myself.

Dangeresque

Whilst at the Port Orleans French Quarter food court last week I watched as a woman in what had to be the SUV of scooters drive in and proceed to make her way through the tables and chairs toward the lobby. Not in the wider lane to the left mind you but right up the middle. I watched as people got up from their chairs interrupting their breakfast to make way. Babies in high chairs had to be moved as the Red Sea parted to make way for Her Highness. What really disturbed me about the whole thing however is that through it all, she had the most disgusted look on her face, and did not offer one thank you to anyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom