Things that gross you out in WDW.

crashnuke

My Brazilian tour groups experience. My family and I were waiting for Fantasmic to start for about 1.5 hours. The whole time hundreds of these Brazilian tour group members were screaming BRAZIL BRAZIL BRAZIL the whole time. It was sweltering in there and they were s__________g the air right out of the place. I finally snapped and stood up and shouted SHUT UP. They finally stopped.:fork:

kashmir

1421880_w_co_s_tong.jpg

tongs!

Tinkyroo

Funny enough I am a total germaphobe but not at WDW. I still take along the purell and make the kids use it before eating. But, I don't worry about them touching things that are touched often like railings. So the things that gross me out are:

1. smokers - I really really really hate cigarette smoke and that we sometimes (without warning) walk into their carcinogen cloud of nastiness at the parks and my kids have to breathe that poison cloud of death. Also, EVERY year at our Disney resort there is someone either next door or 3 doors down sitting by their room door smoking it up and talking on the cell phone. Then leaving their ashes and used cancer sticks on the ground - Classy!

2. Other guests that feel the need to practically lean or lay on you while waiting in line for a ride. Do they think they will get on faster? Maybe that's what happens. I had a family doing this to us on our last trip waiting in line for TTM at HS. The line was supposed to be 1 1/2 hrs long. After 30 minutes of being smothered by the no personal space family I told my DH I could not take it anymore and I had to leave. So we still have not been on TTM. :cry:

3. Having little kids cough on my kids while riding the Disney busses. Nothing like that trapped feeling.

That is basicly it though. It seems when I am on vacation at WDW I am also on vacation from my OCD/Germaphobia. :)

j_dp456

People who insist on wearing white AND being drenched in water. I realize it's hot but come on I DON'T NEED TO SEE ALL OF THAT!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I got to go with the folks that failed to use deorderant that day and your standing in line smelling that! :hurl: Or just plain body odor.

What's the difference in body odor and "just plain body odor" ?

Is one more preferable over the other? :shrug:

figgyfan

The turkey legs do gross me out....but the worst for me has to be everyone trying on different hats,taking pictures with the hats on........etc.
My whole family had to be treated for head lice after out last trip. I can only figure that my husband's desire to be photographed in various hats did us in.
NEVER again!! I am even wary of buying a hat and putting it on without inspecting it first.........:brick:

elisatonks

I have to agree with the turkey legs, and the worst bit is that people leave them on the floor and the poor cast end up cleaning them up. yuk!

aeillill

-Turkey Legs
-When they make the shrimp dance on the grill at Teppan Edo (my mother makes her shrimp dance in front of me all the time and it just freaks me out)
-Changing your childs diaper at inappropriate places, i.e. benches, tables at restaurants, the ground.

KingStefan

The turkey legs do gross me out....but the worst for me has to be everyone trying on different hats,taking pictures with the hats on........etc.
My whole family had to be treated for head lice after out last trip. I can only figure that my husband's desire to be photographed in various hats did us in.
NEVER again!! I am even wary of buying a hat and putting it on without inspecting it first.........:brick:

I never thought about this before until last year's vacation. We went to Montreal and Quebec City for the 400e anniversary. A lot of he museums there have sections where you can dress in period costume - not just the kids, but adults, too. It was great!

But one of my DDs got some kind of bug in her head, we never went to the doctor, but I assume it was assume lice. One ridex treatment fixed it - I have heard that a bad infestation can be difficult to get rid of, but this was no problem.

So no trauma, but it kinda makes you think.

One of the best vacations I've ever had, by the way.

sbkline

I agree with some of the comments about sandals. I, for one, think it is totally disgusting (and, I must admit, unmasculine) for a man to wear sandals. Period. My wife and I already agree that our son, once he reaches a certain age, will not be allowed to wear sandals as long as he is living in our house. Or at least until he starts buying his own clothes. No one needs to see your dirty, disgusting man feet, so cover them up. However, I must confess that I find a hot young lady in sandals to be quite attractive, but unless you fall into that category, then put on a pair of socks and shoes for cripes sakes. No one needs to see your disgusting clodhoppers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom