Things that gross you out in WDW.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
People that change their kids crap filled diapers, on a table, in the middle of a eating establishment. FS or CS... i've seen it. :dazzle: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl:

DizneyPryncess

I was at Fulton's once, and sitting next to this family with a little boy about 2-3 years old. The parents totally disregarded their kid. He was licking pickle slices and sliding them onto the window. Then he would put his hands in ketchup and smear them around the pickles. Then he got into some lemons and did the same thing. It was just nasty watching him lick his hands repeatedly afterwards. It's such a nice restaurant - I couldn't figure out what the parents were thinking. Turned my stomach a bit.

Figment632

Original Poster
I always wash my hands after using the bathroom but not all of the sinks are automatic. Touching the sink or surfaces in the bathroom.

I wish they would install Purell dispensers in WDW.

wedway71

I was at Fulton's once, and sitting next to this family with a little boy about 2-3 years old. The parents totally disregarded their kid. He was licking pickle slices and sliding them onto the window. Then he would put his hands in ketchup and smear them around the pickles. Then he got into some lemons and did the same thing. It was just nasty watching him lick his hands repeatedly afterwards. It's such a nice restaurant - I couldn't figure out what the parents were thinking. Turned my stomach a bit.

I think that some parents feel they are entitled to let their rugrats run crazy. They feel that they are allowed to have their kids destroy anything in their path and Disney should allow and welcome this.

I really HATE people like that.

sbkline

I always wash my hands after using the bathroom but not all of the sinks are automatic. Touching the sink or surfaces in the bathroom.

I wish they would install Purell dispensers in WDW.

No offense, but I don't understand why people are so paranoid about touching sink handles and door handles. For years and years, people have been putting their hands on door handles to open the door and turning on the sinks with their hands and we've turned out just fine. I don't know of any major epidemics as the result of someone opening a door or flushing a toilet or cranking the handle on a paper towel dispenser, or turning the on a faucet. Now, all of the sudden, we think we're gonna catch the next super-virus just by turning a friggin on a sink? :shrug::brick:

I always think of that old "War of the Worlds" movie. Nothing could kill those Martians. We even dropped an A-Bomb on them and it didn't phase them. But then at the end of the movie, they all started dying. Why? Because of the germs in our atmosphere. Those germs that we are so dang paranoid of, but that have no effect on us because our bodies are conditioned to them after all these years. But the Martians were unfamiliar with those germs and thus had no immunency, caught the germs and died.

Although this is a fictional movie, there is a good lesson to be learned. Regarding all these little germs and bacteria that can be found on sink knobs, door handles, etc, they haven't caused any problems for us all these years because they are so commonplace that our bodies have an immunency to them. Have any of these germaphobes ever stopped to think that maybe by being so paranoid and wanting to walk around the world not touching anything, or wearing sterile gloves so as not to touch anything, they are denying their bodies the chance to build up natural antibodies, and therefore when they do catch these germs, something that would normally not do a thing to you, might actually cause you to get very sick, or die? Perhaps by being such germaphobes, you all are helping to create the next super-virus that you're all so afraid of. Instead of being so grossed out by a faucet , maybe you should be more worried about all the sweaty, smelly bare butts that have sat on that toilet seat ahead of you. Or do you spend five minutes sanitizing the seat and putting one of those tissue rings on it before you sit down? :hammer::ROFLOL: Just food for thought.

<end rant> :D

sbkline

I think that some parents feel they are entitled to let their rugrats run crazy. They feel that they are allowed to have their kids destroy anything in their path and Disney should allow and welcome this.

I really HATE people like that.

I totally understand the whole "parents feel entitled" thing. I walked outside one day and found the neighbor's kids running around my yard while their mom was sitting out in their yard watching. They weren't hurting anything, but something just rubs me the wrong way about people taking the liberty to play in my yard without so much as asking permission. I went over there and politely requested that she not let her kids play in my yard, and I thought the issue was closed. But then a month or so later, I came home to find her kids playing croquet in my yard. I was going to get out of the van and go over there and tell them to move on, but then their mom came outside. I thought "okay, she sees me pulling in and is going to get her kids back home". Nope. Wrong. She goes over there and is helping her son use the mallet on the ball! So I went over there again and reminded her that I don't want her kids playing in my yard. Her response was "but they're not running around." :brick: I told her that this isn't the point...that I don't like coming home and finding people in my yard. And then a week ago, I found some of her kids' toys in my yard, so they've obviously been over there. Now I understand that kids will be kids and will sneak around and do things without their parents' knowledge. But in this case, they are trespassing on my property with their mother's knowledge and blessing! Like you said, parents feel like they are entitled to let their kids run crazy, or trespass on someone else's property, and have no respect for someone else's property!

sbkline

it's also legal to marry your sister in alabama, but that doesn't make it cool.

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Seriously, though....despite the humour I found in that post, I can't help wondering WHY it isn't cool. I mean, we live in a climate today where society has decided that it's perfectly "cool" for a man to marry a man or a woman to marry a woman. So what's the difference if a man wants to marry his sister? If one is cool, then to have logical consistency, the other has to be considered "cool" too. Just sayin'.

Gucci65

Although this is a fictional movie, there is a good lesson to be learned. Regarding all these little germs and bacteria that can be found on sink knobs, door handles, etc, they haven't caused any problems for us all these years because they are so commonplace that our bodies have an immunency to them. Have any of these germaphobes ever stopped to think that maybe by being so paranoid and wanting to walk around the world not touching anything, or wearing sterile gloves so as not to touch anything, they are denying their bodies the chance to build up natural antibodies, and therefore when they do catch these germs, something that would normally not do a thing to you, might actually cause you to get very sick, or die? Perhaps by being such germaphobes, you all are helping to create the next super-virus that you're all so afraid of. Instead of being so grossed out by a faucet , maybe you should be more worried about all the sweaty, smelly bare butts that have sat on that toilet seat ahead of you. Or do you spend five minutes sanitizing the seat and putting one of those tissue rings on it before you sit down? :hammer::ROFLOL: Just food for thought.

<end rant> :D

There actually was a big to do about this subject in the news a few years back (and in one of my sisters medical magazines) - with all the anti-bacterial products we are using, we are really not doing ourselves a favor in the long run.

sbkline

There actually was a big to do about this subject in the news a few years back (and in one of my sisters medical magazines) - with all the anti-bacterial products we are using, we are really not doing ourselves a favor in the long run.

Exactly. And I have a way of looking at it which is very simple; I am 33 1/2 years old. So for about 30 years, I have been turning on sink faucets, turning doorknobs, pulling on door handles and plopping my bare butt on public toilet seats. (I say 30 years in order to take into account the first few years where my mommy had to do all those things for me). If these germs haven't caused me any problems in the past 30 years, there's absolutely no reason for me to start worrying about them now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom