The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
ya know I was thinking the other day about how Disney does business these days, and it does seem to be done like a political group (no surprise that Iger is an aspiring congressman).

Think about it. They use buzzwords over and over "magic, fantasy, dreams, wonder", they also have groups of people who go on twitter and other places to defend/promote Disney in an extreme way, they act like they have no competition and they're the only thing that matters. They also hate bad publicity and will do anything possible to squash it or change the subject, instead of addressing the issue head on.

Now I'm sure there's other companies who also run in similar fashion, but Disney seems to be just a bit more like that, because of the irrationality of many of its followers

thoughts @WDW1974 ?

Honestly, it's like every other large corporation. They sure do love to leverage their expansive buzzword vernacular. Ask a question from a client perspective and they'll circle back with you when they find the time to bifurcate their BAU processes. Ugh buzzwords are a pet peeve of mine.

Edit: btw you should ask @WDW1974 to opine on this subject matter as he is a SME (Subject Matter Expert).

Kman101

It's no different than network execs who like to use their go-to phrases and carefully thought out responses that sound so fake. It's basically giving an answer without really answering the question. I respect someone who's "high up" a lot more when I don't believe they're reading from a script.

PeterAlt

Disney must bid for TW. If they don't at least make a bid for this very strategic asset, I will loose all remaining confidence I have for the company's executive team.

GiveMeTheMusic

Disney must bid for TW. If they don't at least make a bid for this very strategic asset, I will loose all remaining confidence I have for the company's executive team.

Disney would be foolish to bid on TW. It would be an overpriced albatross that they just don't need. Fox isn't gonna get it either.

What assets would be worth the multibajillion dollar price tag? The whole thing is absurd. These companies are big enough, they don't need to consolidate further.

BrianLo

Fanbois are insufferable. Especially fanbois who crow.

Its a damn theme park and theyre not a shareholder.

I know what you mean, it's weirdly off-putting Diagon Alley for me right now. I'm still going in August (and only going to Universal) and will love it most likely, but it's just... irritating me as well...

The conversation has become unbalanced (but I guess so have the theme parks in Florida).

PhotoDave219

I know what you mean, it's weirdly off-putting Diagon Alley for me right now. I'm still going in August (and only going to Universal) and will love it most likely, but it's just... irritating me as well...

The conversation has become unbalanced (but I guess so have the theme parks in Florida).

It's not just the conversations that are unbalanced… so are the pass holders.

TWC rejected FOX's bid for $80 billion, so it's very likely that TWC could be bought for 12 figures. Even with a company as big as TWC, I'm not sure what's financially smart about buying a cable company for over $100 billion.

alphac2005

But, to be fair though, many who don't have motion sickness do indeed receive it from that ride. Like you said, everyone is going to have a different experience. I feel like you took that as bhg dissing the ride, which I highly highly doubt was the case.

Oh no, I didn't think the ride was being dissed. I think that sometimes there are a lot of blanket statements made and it's one of those things that gnaws at me to comment on. ;)

Last edited:

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Disney would be foolish to bid on TW. It would be an overpriced albatross that they just don't need. Fox isn't gonna get it either.

What assets would be worth the multibajillion dollar price tag? The whole thing is absurd. These companies are big enough, they don't need to consolidate further.

There are legitimate benefits for Fox and TW to merge.

FigmentJedi

Crossovers, crossovers everywhere. A Justice League vs the Avengers movie. A reboot of Roger Rabbit's Toontown concept now that you have the collected libraries of Warner, Hanna Barbara, MGM and Cartoon Network assimilated into the fold. New "colonies" in the forms of the Six Flags chain (which could alternatively be dismantled to reduce competition) and WB's Australia park (which could easily be turned into a Disneyland 'Straya resort)

Of course, I doubt Disney could get away with turning "The Big 6 Corporations that Control All Entertainment" into 5.

PeterAlt

And now for an "oh duh" moment...

If Fox succeeds in a hostile takeover of TW, Fox News and CNN will merge.

I didn't realize this before.

Scary.

If Fox pursues a hostile takeover, Disney will be our only hope for reason!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom