The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

PeterAlt

Godzilla. The big battle in the new movie was in San Francisco.
Which reminds me, I saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes the other day. Noticed how the new movies center around San Fran, while the originals centered around NYC. I wonder where this new series will go... If they will end with a third remake of the first...

PeterAlt

Some of these people can barely afford rent, how can they afford stock
Stock was once affordable. I was one of those who bought stock at that time and tripled my investment in a year. I am forever grateful to Michael because of that.

EDIT - The pop up Roger Rabbit annual stock report was my favorite! In his letter to the shareholders, Eisner said that he wanted to include a huge life-sized Roger Rabbit poster in the centerfold of the report, but "your company" prefers to be frugal with "your money". Ironically, that annual report was probably the most expensive one printed!

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Fact: There will be a Big Five.

Question: Will Disney be at the top or the bottom, or worse, absorbed?

That's why Disney can't let Fox win a hostile takeover of TW. Disney should team up with another company, such as Viacom (or even, dare I say, Comcast), and bid on it. If they win, they can divide the company up between them.
It's settled... partner with Comcast to acquire Time Warner and role in the rights of the Marvel characters in Florida as part of the assets.

DonaldDoleWhip

Bringing over from the other thread @WDW1974 :

I'd rather discuss this elsewhere, but the hotel is literally being rebuilt as we speak. Half of it is closed and ALL of the wood siding is being replaced. But that has nothing at all to do with anything we are talking about here ... place it on Seventh Heaven and I'll be glad to discuss it.
I brought up the Newport Bay Club in response to a point about weak maintenance at the WDW resorts. In comparison, I think it's fair to point out that WDW's resort maintenance is far above what DLP has received. WDW has never let one of their operating resorts look so bad on the outside, and they do a solid job updating the rooms at each resort every 5-7 years. Paris is far behind on room refurbishments, and it seems like their maintenance record is even spottier than WDW's.

And to clarify, I understand that DLP's financial history has been troubled (and things are improving now, which is helping to spark new projects), but to the average guest who knows nothing of the resort's history, this still doesn't reflect well on the Disney brand.

In comparison, I'd say WDW's hotels have been maintained with much more care and frequency...but the problems lie with the theme parks (just look at Carousel of Progress, Peter Pan's Flight, Universe of Energy, etc.) and miscellaneous features, such as River Country. Maybe WDW is just too large of an operation and management has gotten complacent? I still feel like they do a decent job with the resorts (especially compared to what I saw at DLP), but as others have pointed out, it seems like they've also given up with the parks. Paris is kind of a mess right now, but at least they're trying - right?

culturenthrills

I loved FJ as a ride concept and it was entertaining but...

A. That ride is really rough
B. The screens will induce motion sickness even if you rarely get it.

The ride is fantastic and the queue is just breathtaking, it is an e ticket from start to finish. I havent ridden gringots but some people prefer it to spider man... That says to me that they have a winner..

It blows Spiderman out of the water. Simply amazing and immersive.

culturenthrills

And cutting corners left and right while they try. Very similar to what they did to Universal.

Problem is, there's not a Potter coming to significantly increase interest in SeaWorld.

Poor management has practically ruined BGW. So many people I know who have been going there for years are so disappointed in the current state of the park over the last couple of years.

culturenthrills

Never listened to a podcast and never will...

Then you are missing out on some of the best, in depth and enlightening interviews I have ever heard. The format with the right person ie Marc Maron, Nerdist, Aisha Tyler, Kevin Smith's Fatman on Batman(his interviews with Neil Adams were amazing) and many more allows a person to open up about things you wouldn't get from a regular interview. That and Hollywood Babble-On is one of the funniest show's skewering entertainment news around.

Last edited:

mgpan

Honestly, it's like every other large corporation. They sure do love to leverage their expansive buzzword vernacular. Ask a question from a client perspective and they'll circle back with you when they find the time to bifurcate their BAU processes. Ugh buzzwords are a pet peeve of mine.

Edit: btw you should ask @WDW1974 to opine on this subject matter as he is a SME (Subject Matter Expert).

He's actually on of the best experts in this space and it would take a paradigm shift to change that. Now back to the DVC topic, any idea of the spend TWDC is considering expending for the effort? Surely not MM+ money? But enough to be discouraging?

I'm also wondering, and sorry to go off on a slight tangent, but, in looking at price increases on DCL cabins since they were voted "best freaking cruise line in maritime history" or whatever it was, wouldn't they want to strike while iron is hot and build a new ship? Just building on thoughts of what is the best spend at this time for them.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom