The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Quinnmac000

Pardon me for being a newbie and maybe not being familiar with previous debate... but I can appreciate the novelty of Uni's little random street shows as opposed to full on parades (on WDW's scale). It's at least something different.

What irritated me last time we were there (January) was the puny little end of night water and light show. Projecting movie clips onto fountains followed by 20 crappy fireworks (20 bangs... not 20 minutes of fireworks). Not that something like this is what you build your trip around... but with the bar set by WDW... or even Fantasmic... why would Uni even bother with something so lame?

Sound ordinance with Fireworks as there is a high school right across the street and surrounded by residential areas.

Last edited:

Kman101

In regards to parades, I enjoy them. But in regards to Uni, I really don't feel they even need a parade, honestly. I expect the MK and Disney parks to have parades. I never had that expectation from Uni so it doesn't bother me either way. I'd actually like to see them do a better night spectacular and focus more on that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What irritated me last time we were there (January) was the puny little end of night water and light show. Projecting movie clips onto fountains followed by 20 crappy fireworks (20 bangs...
Hardly.... But Universal Orlando is limited with its regular pyro due to its location and proximity to residential areas. Oven thing WDW will always trump.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks for the info!

So if that is the case then they shouldn't even bother. If you can't send them home with a bang... don't send them home with a fizzle either!
By offering a night show as an incentive to keep guests in the park. Cinespec actually has more pyro than Disney Dreams. And returns high scores in guest polling.

Rest assured, the next show is in the works.

MDactor1980

By offering a night show as an incentive to keep guests in the park. Cinespec actually has more pyro than Disney Dreams. And returns high scores in guest polling.

Hope so. They are winning with the HP things... a solid night time show will only help!

IMHO I found Cinespec underwhelming in comparison to Disney Dreams or Wishes (or Fantasmic).

Cody5242

I'm hoping the Kidzone redo isn't just reskinning of existing attractions. I hope a family-friendly IP takes over that part of the park with a solid E ticket

Cesar R M

Yes. Its looking very much like what was speculated earlier.
so, which version is being broadcasted in ABC?
The one where the Separatists did?
The one where the Russians did it?
The one where the Ukraine forces tried to destroy Putin's plane which supposedly was flying in the same route (just a few minutes in time difference from the Malaysian plane) ?

there are a few versions going back and fort, but foxnews and cnn only shows ONE SIDE ( Ukraine's and thus indirectly NATO's)

mgpan

Thanks for the info!

So if that is the case then they shouldn't even bother. If you can't send them home with a bang... don't send them home with a fizzle either!

That was always my mantra back during my dating days as well...err...uh...watching pyro shows with a date I mean. I'm not afraid to admit however, both the Uni show and most of those dates were missing something by the end.

Good to know they are working on a new show. I'd even like something visible from the ampitheatre in City Walk, with beverage in hand of course.

Mike S

Will the next show involve more than just movie clips? I finally saw the show myself on a recent trip and wasn't really wowed even though it was pretty nice.

FigmentFreak

I don't get the parade hate. For the people that like them, it's a fun passage of time looking at something you don't see everyday. (Scoff if you want, but MSEP is must do for DH and I... every trip... with a spiked Dole Whip in hand.)

For the people that hate them, it's a diversion for a few thousand (hundred?) people a few times a day to shorten the lines for you to get on the rides faster. Win - win? (Unless you're stuck on the wrong side of the park...)

I truly don't hate the parades, they just aren't repeat things for me. One and done. Now fireworks on the other hand....

PeterAlt

Just glancing over the news, I get he impression that the world has gone crazy... Israel sending troops into Gaza... ISIS taking over Iraq and Syria... Plane over the Ukraine... Russia drilling for oil in the North Pole... Has the world gone mad?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Pardon me for being a newbie and maybe not being familiar with previous debate... but I can appreciate the novelty of Uni's little random street shows as opposed to full on parades (on WDW's scale). It's at least something different.

What irritated me last time we were there (January) was the puny little end of night water and light show. Projecting movie clips onto fountains followed by 20 crappy fireworks (20 bangs... not 20 minutes of fireworks). Not that something like this is what you build your trip around... but with the bar set by WDW... or even Fantasmic... why would Uni even bother with something so lame?

The thing is that the large scale entertainment options are something that Disney does better than Uni. While much of what certain posters say in trying to hype up Disney is bunk, I don't think it is incorrect to point out that Disney excels in those things. The Disney parades and pyro are generally quite good.

I've said before that IOA could really use a night time show on the water -- would really round out that park.

I completely agree with both of you that Disney is hands down better in creating large scale parades and shows. Disney is still way ahead of Uni in MANY areas. I am by no means a Uni fanboi either. I do respect that they are currently beating Disney at their own game in respect to new and truly exciting themed lands and immersive environments, but that does not mean that I dont think Disney has the power to strike back, because if they want to, they can (and hopefully will), big time.

PhotoDave219

Fair enough. But what about all the recent development of dining/retail/hotels a couple miles south down on the west end of 192?

And are mid-range national chain dining and hotel options really Disney's best use of the land? I'm not sure the blessing of size meant dreams of a Chilis, Olive Garden, and Hampton Inn.

Nope. They should just hold onto the land and be patient. Grow the parks so they can utilize that land for hotel development in 10 years.

alphac2005

B. The screens will induce motion sickness even if you rarely get it.

Not nitpicking, but that was your experience, not blanketed for all. I nor my wife have had any sort of motion sickness problem on it from the screens and I've found them to be really engaging. It's just all personal preference. I find the strength and movement of the actual ride arms to be very smooth and powerful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom