The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Kman101

Not nitpicking, but that was your experience, not blanketed for all. I nor my wife have had any sort of motion sickness problem on it from the screens and I've found them to be really engaging. It's just all personal preference. I find the strength and movement of the actual ride arms to be very smooth and powerful.

But, to be fair though, many who don't have motion sickness do indeed receive it from that ride. Like you said, everyone is going to have a different experience. I feel like you took that as bhg dissing the ride, which I highly highly doubt was the case.

Cesar R M

Just glancing over the news, I get he impression that the world has gone crazy... Israel sending troops into Gaza... ISIS taking over Iraq and Syria... Plane over the Ukraine... Russia drilling for oil in the North Pole... Has the world gone mad?
I think its a repetitive cycle of crazyness.
It repeats every 30-40 years.
same greed, same groups, same sacred crows.. and presidents worldwide slapping each other like they have to prove something while wasting billions of money and thousands of lives in dumb confrontations.

71jason

Did anyone (besides delusional executives and a handful of Disney-can-do-no-wrong fanbois) ever think Flamingo Crossings was a good idea?

The thought of all the land that has been sold off (and may be sold off in this case) is rather upsetting.

I realize your question was rhetorical, but I see two ways if might have worked:

1) Something "inside the berm." A new resort (not that they need it). A new park (definitely don't need it). Maybe something Downtown Disney-esque--not sure what that would be--or maybe even a new adult area that could be truly 21+. But something clearly labeled "Disney" with bus service to get people there.

2) Go the Crossroads model, but more geared to the growing number of CMs who live in Clermont rather than tourists. A World of Beer, a Starbucks, a 24-7 Mickey Ds, a 24-7 Winn Dixie...

Instead, Flamingo Crossing went head-to-head with 192, where you can get cheaper rents and a hell of a lot more traffic with better visual frontage. The plan was doomed to fail.

bhg469

Not nitpicking, but that was your experience, not blanketed for all. I nor my wife have had any sort of motion sickness problem on it from the screens and I've found them to be really engaging. It's just all personal preference. I find the strength and movement of the actual ride arms to be very smooth and powerful.
I loved the ride but I have heard the same story from a lot of people. I guess you're lucky because I couldn't do that ride twice without a break.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
They have relentlessly lobbied and successfully derailed a la carte legislation for years. We're now up to 19% of U.S. households that don't have cable/sat/fiber TV service and it's growing.

The main problem that will start coming to light soon is that network providers will not stream their content over the public internet for free much longer. Right now they are doing it to expand their audience in hopes that visitors will watch on broadcast networks or over cable tv. When this doesn't happen they will start pushing content behind paywalls and/or ala cart streams that cost on a per episode or season basis and will be much more expensive for a family.

Mike S

What's the San Francisco rumor at Universal Studios?
This would be my hope.
image.jpg
I'll let you fill in the blanks ;)

Mouse Trap

I realize your question was rhetorical, but I see two ways if might have worked:

1) Something "inside the berm." A new resort (not that they need it). A new park (definitely don't need it). Maybe something Downtown Disney-esque--not sure what that would be--or maybe even a new adult area that could be truly 21+. But something clearly labeled "Disney" with bus service to get people there.

2) Go the Crossroads model, but more geared to the growing number of CMs who live in Clermont rather than tourists. A World of Beer, a Starbucks, a 24-7 Mickey Ds, a 24-7 Winn Dixie...

Instead, Flamingo Crossing went head-to-head with 192, where you can get cheaper rents and a hell of a lot more traffic with better visual frontage. The plan was doomed to fail.

I just looked this up for the first time and found some odd website and a master plan dated 2009. What the heck....

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Disney would not purchase CNN. They already have ABCNews.

ABCNews is nowhere near CNN on many levels. We already know the company would jump at an opportunity to acquire rather than grow organically. Who knows, it would probably be CBS that bought CNN, all I said is they'd be a top candidate.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
ya know I was thinking the other day about how Disney does business these days, and it does seem to be done like a political group (no surprise that Iger is an aspiring congressman).

Think about it. They use buzzwords over and over "magic, fantasy, dreams, wonder", they also have groups of people who go on twitter and other places to defend/promote Disney in an extreme way, they act like they have no competition and they're the only thing that matters. They also hate bad publicity and will do anything possible to squash it or change the subject, instead of addressing the issue head on.

Now I'm sure there's other companies who also run in similar fashion, but Disney seems to be just a bit more like that, because of the irrationality of many of its followers

thoughts @WDW1974 ?

TalkingHead

Never listened to a podcast and never will...

You're not missing much. It can be good background noise during a workout, but other than that?

ETA: Thrilling Adventure Hour is the only exception I've come across, although it's less podcast than faux-old-timey radio drama.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom