The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

PeterAlt

Disney would be foolish to bid on TW. It would be an overpriced albatross that they just don't need. Fox isn't gonna get it either.

What assets would be worth the multibajillion dollar price tag? The whole thing is absurd. These companies are big enough, they don't need to consolidate further.
They could divide it up with another bidder.

The movie studios, the channels, CNN, DC comics... TW is Disney's Joker. It will complete her!

PeterAlt

Fact: There will be a Big Five.

Question: Will Disney be at the top or the bottom, or worse, absorbed?

That's why Disney can't let Fox win a hostile takeover of TW. Disney should team up with another company, such as Viacom (or even, dare I say, Comcast), and bid on it. If they win, they can divide the company up between them.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Fact: There will be a Big Five.

Question: Will Disney be at the top or the bottom, or worse, absorbed?

That's why Disney can't let Fox win a hostile takeover of TW. Disney should team up with another company, such as Viacom (or even, dare I say, Comcast), and bid on it. If they win, they can divide the company up between them.

1275389857_naked-gun-facepalm.gif

seascape

From what I've been reading, due to certain legal reasons, they would have to sell off CNN to another buyer
CNN would fit in with Disney. In fact Disney could bring CNN back to being a real news channel. Comcast's MSNBC and Fox's Fox news both are so one sided it's ridiculous. CNN is our only hope and it's been going down.

Cesar R M

TWC rejected FOX's bid for $80 billion, so it's very likely that TWC could be bought for 12 figures. Even with a company as big as TWC, I'm not sure what's financially smart about buying a cable company for over $100 billion.
specially now that more and more people are pulling the plug?

And now for an "oh duh" moment...

If Fox succeeds in a hostile takeover of TW, Fox News and CNN will merge.

I didn't realize this before.

Scary.

If Fox pursues a hostile takeover, Disney will be our only hope for reason!

I honestly cant imagine how CNN will have to change their extremely pro democrat views to fit the pro republican views of FoxNEws if both sides end being with the same boss.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom