The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Which is something I still haven't quite figured out.

TWDC answers to it's shareholders. I can see TWDC not wanting to fund something, but I have never figured out why TDO would stop plans from Burbank because of cost. TDO does NOT answer to the stockholders, they answer to Burbank. If Burbank wants something built at WDW then how does TDO even have veto power?

EPCOTCenterLover

Because only @marni1971 and Spirit will care, they've fixed the cannon smoke effect on DLP's SM:

BryjJLGCYAEWhUi.jpg:large

Hopefully the rumoured refurb is still on track for next year.

Is the train shown in the picture new?
What an incredible Space Mtn this is! And 1.o was even better than the new incarnation.

roodlesnouter

Nice to see DLP space mountain has been getting some love, haven't ridden it in a while but it is a fantastic ride, that launch is amazing.

I also noticed someone mention an upcoming refurb, can anyone shed anymore light on this?

Animaniac93-98

Nice to see DLP space mountain has been getting some love, haven't ridden it in a while but it is a fantastic ride, that launch is amazing.

I also noticed someone mention an upcoming refurb, can anyone shed anymore light on this?

It is rumoured for next year. The supposed plan is to close one DLP coaster every year with a multi-month refurb. Indiana Jones was closed this year for 5 months of work and is now open again. So 2015 for Space and 2016 for Big Thunder Mountain.

lazyboy97o

Which is something I still haven't quite figured out.

TWDC answers to it's shareholders. I can see TWDC not wanting to fund something, but I have never figured out why TDO would stop plans from Burbank because of cost. TDO does NOT answer to the stockholders, they answer to Burbank. If Burbank wants something built at WDW then how does TDO even have veto power?
It is still cost that impacts their books. They are also responsible for maintenance and operations once the construction is complete. Burbank financing does however look good if there is a definite need, such as additional dining capacity at the Magic Kingdom and building a whole new restaurant instead of better utilizing and reopening existing facilities.

Bolna

Because only @marni1971 and Spirit will care, they've fixed the cannon smoke effect on DLP's SM:

BryjJLGCYAEWhUi.jpg:large

Hopefully the rumoured refurb is still on track for next year.

Is the train shown in the picture new?

I very much care as well!! I still remember how my sister and I took a special trip to Paris to finally see DLP after we saw all those commercials for Space Mountain. And it was so worth it! De La Terre A La Lune is still my favourite coaster!! I remember sitting on a bench watching the canons being fired off and just being in total awe at the whole design!

No idea about the train though...

Funmeister

Reminds me of the rumour CAVE tech was to be implemented at DMGM. Going back a good 10-15 years now. Nothing was ever confirmed but it would match roughly with the proposal you heard.

Yeah but this was presented to us in 1996. Was CAVE ready to go at that point? OR do you think it was just blue sky?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom