The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

ParentsOf4

The problem with that is it is obvious that the M&G's are immensely popular so it is good use of the building, even if you or I don't care for it at all.
Right, but is it a matter of M&G's being immensely popular or simply a matter of them have such horrible hourly capacity?

I suspect a bit of both but, for example, if M&G's had the capacity of POTC, then we'd see much shorter lines.

PeterAlt

The ride technology for Indy was going to go into Dick Tracy Crime Stoppers (that would have opened with Sunset Boulevard at DHS). This would have been WDW's Indy ride. But the movie bombed and the whole subsection with that theme was cancelled. Rock 'n roll roller coaster was added as a quick substitute for it. The ride technology would eventually make it to WDW as Dinosaur at DAK.

aladdin2007

Crimestoppers shared its development budget with D-MGM Europe. When the park was pulled so was the attraction in both countries.

Martin do you know where that would have been located in the park? Was it suppose to be on Sunset Blvd, or was that where the proposed roger rabbits hollywood would have branched out from

PeterAlt

By the way, I've had my eyes on Atlantis Resort in the. Bahamas. Did you know the company that built it got taken over by its financial company? This means the resort is a prime target for a takeover! Disney or Uni better be looking into it!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin do you know where that would have been located in the park? Was it suppose to be on Sunset Blvd, or was that where the proposed roger rabbits hollywood would have branched out from
Sunset. To the left of the Tower plot.

Rabbits Hollywood would have been where the (temporary) Farmers Market is. Mickeys Movieland between that and what became Villains in Vogue. Quite a squeeze. What isn't clear is what would have been built with what else. It isn't clear for example if we would have gotten Tower plus Crimestoppers plus Rabbits Hollywood AND Movieland.

Sunset may have even been completely different. I've not seen one single plan with everything I listed on it at the same time.

Last edited:

DinoInstitute

wow, could have been some park. now its just a litter ground for them to slap whatever they can together. the frozen stuff looks like a jumbled mess.
Well, if you ask me, a mickey land and a roger rabbits thing on sunset boulevard sounds like a jumbled mess.

Maybe its because I'm not getting the right visual in my head, but....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
wow, could have been some park. now its just a litter ground for them to slap whatever they can together. the frozen stuff looks like a jumbled mess.
Yes, it could have been something. The footprint and original design would still limit a cohesive layout but imagine a fully populated Sunset with 4-5 E tickets plus a fully fleshed Muppet Movieland plus decent use of the stages when the production side declined.

Plus an Indy EMV behind the stunt show on the 4 acre plot reserved for it.

aladdin2007

Well, if you ask me, a mickey land and a roger rabbits thing on sunset boulevard sounds like a jumbled mess.

Maybe its because I'm not getting the right visual in my head, but....

but those would have stemmed out into their own lands I believe
Yes, it could have been something. The footprint and original design would still limit a cohesive layout but imagine a fully populated Sunset with 4-5 E tickets plus a fully fleshed Muppet Movieland plus decent use of the stages when the production side declined.

just sad lol, maybe someday, but chances look pretty much nil now.

PhotoDave219

Sunset. To the left of the Tower plot.

Rabbits Hollywood would have been where the (temporary) Farmers Market is. Mickeys Movieland between that and what became Villains in Vogue. Quite a squeeze. What isn't clear is what would have been built with what else. It isn't clear for example if we would have gotten Tower plus Crimestoppers plus Rabbits Hollywood AND Movieland.

Wait wait wait wait.....

..... There was supposed to be a Roger Rabbit's Hollywood?

Mike S

So we could've had both the stunt show and ride. Wow.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wait wait wait wait.....

..... There was supposed to be a Roger Rabbit's Hollywood?
image.jpg

njDizFan

Your memory is bad.

Morocco, Laserphonic Fantasy, The Living Seas, Skylidascope, IllumiNations, Norway, Captain EO. That's just EPCOT Center.

Compared to now the parks were buzzing back then. Not to mention longer hours, more attractions of higher calibre, higher standards.

Today Epcot and DHS are stagnant. DAK needs more than its getting. Oh dear.

Please change the record. Or add something new.
Not to mention that timeframe represents 5 of the 7 years in between 2 completely new gates

82 Epcot center...89 MGM***

*** already mentioned...man it's hard to make a point on these threads, I always seem a day behind

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom