The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Cesar R M

i can see that being a big seller by sloshed dads during food and wine at drunkytown

BTW whoever coined drunkytown for epcot?..Brilliant!
The Olaf wig will be perfect to prevent drunkies from hitting their heads.
It will act like a head pillow.

I don't hate the film or the characters, but man someone needs to get fired lol Olaf hats were really the brightest idea from the company? Seriously? I can think of far more creative things to sell from the film that aren't tacky and outrageous. Like the trolls glowing necklaces. THey could even have a make your own necklace station.
Trolls_frozen_disney2013.jpg

This idea took five minutes. I wonder how long it took for them to cut the bum off a couple of olaf plushes and shout EUREKA.
troll plushies as well, I am surprised they never imagined that.

PhotoDave219

I keep seeing the term "lifestylers" being mentioned here? I've an idea, but I could really do with a definition.

Locals obsessed with Disney/Universal who must be the first to do anything, insists obscure things from before they were born were better (See "Bird, Orange"), eat at Disney resturants all the time and show it all off through social media. Essentially making Disney/Universal a "Lifestyle"....

Cesar R M

How do I say this delicately...I've come to the conclusion that he's neither a shill or a troll, but on the evidence given, somebody who has a "unique perspective" on the world. So maybe we should just recognise that there's no real barrier for entry to the net and that it's inclusive of all (regardless of ability) and just accept SJN1279 postings.
you mean as a full addict pixie snorter?

Just the thing I want to wear in the Florida heat!

they probably think a snow-like plush hat will somehow "refresh your head".
Or.. they want you to have a brain heatstroke.. so in your confusion.. start buying merchandise and DVC like mad.

doctornick

Don't forget the stagnation of the parks. If Universal truly knocks it out of the park with their third gate, it could do serious damage to WDW's image.

But if Uni starts building a third gate, it will take significant time to do so. I've got to think that Burbank and TDO are self aware enough that they would at least use that time to build some new attractions at WDW to get some publicity and hype.

They can't be so clueless as to not do anything in that situation, right?

Cesar R M

I've seen videos. I'm sure I will enjoy the Hogwarts Express, but I really loved the Seven Dwarves. The animatronics, the music, the actual coaster, it is just a great attraction. I also feel being dropped off in a different park is a huge inconvenience, and limits how often you will want to experience Hogwarts Express.
since when "I've seen videos on youtube" counts as experience?
you're trying too hard now. classic act of a 100% try hard troll.

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

But if Uni starts building a third gate, it will take significant time to do so. I've got to think that Burbank and TDO are self aware enough that they would at least use that time to build some new attractions at WDW to get some publicity and hype.

Disney doesn't need to worry about Universal. MagicBands FTW!

Cesar R M

Disney doesn't need to worry about Universal. MagicBands FTW!
Soon MagicBands v2 (WITH EVEN HIGHER PRICES!)

speaking of magicbands.. can you imagine if they added an app with code and signal emiter for smart watches (like the samsung one)
that essentially make the watch act like a magicband?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They report it in whole at the time it goes past the rescission deadline. Similar to a sale of real estate.

This is correct. When the points are sold they record revenue and the corresponding expense associated with building the unit. The net ends up as a P&L gain in the current period. Just like a home builder or any other real estate transaction. The dues paid each year don't go to revenue. They are used to pay expenses at the DVC resort level and build up a reserve for future improvements. In some cases like transportation and shared resort services another Disney department is charging the DVC resort and in other cases the resort is paying expenses directly. The only revenue gained by TWDC from the DVC annual dues is the management fee which is a very small portion.

How big are the profits? BLT cost $200M to build. They sold 5.7M points. I would estimate the average was probably around $120 a point since they started out lower and then went up. That's $684M in revenue from sales. $484M in profits before paying for selling and administrative expenses. That's why DVC is so addictive for TWDC and it's executives. If I could find a project in my real world that has a 250% return in less than 3 years I'd get a big bonus and a promotion.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
My biggest complaint about Disney in the 1980's was no new attractions from 1984 to 1989. Talk about stagnant, Disney was totally stagnant when it came to new ride offerings during that period.
Your memory is bad.

Morocco, Laserphonic Fantasy, The Living Seas, Skylidascope, IllumiNations, Norway, Captain EO. That's just EPCOT Center.

Compared to now the parks were buzzing back then. Not to mention longer hours, more attractions of higher calibre, higher standards.

Today Epcot and DHS are stagnant. DAK needs more than its getting. Oh dear.

Please change the record. Or add something new.

Last edited:

Mike S

I don't hate the film or the characters, but man someone needs to get fired lol Olaf hats were really the brightest idea from the company? Seriously? I can think of far more creative things to sell from the film that aren't tacky and outrageous. Like the trolls glowing necklaces. THey could even have a make your own necklace station.
Trolls_frozen_disney2013.jpg

This idea took five minutes. I wonder how long it took for them to cut the bum off a couple of olaf plushes and shout EUREKA.
The Olaf wig will be perfect to prevent drunkies from hitting their heads.
It will act like a head pillow.

troll plushies as well, I am surprised they never imagined that.
Great ideas. Might I add Troll Fire Crystals and Kidney Stones as possible merchandise? ;)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I know WDW1974 denied them, but can someone recap or link back to the Fort Wilderness DVC posts? Weren't their rumors a year+ ago of DVC rumors around Fort Wilderness as well? Is anything in development beyond the Poly?
It started in this thread with this post:
Disney campgrounds going away for a new "flagship" resort because a stuffed shirt is worried Four Seasons might outshine GF?

Something I heard, I don't know anything about this.
About 6 months ago the plans for the River Country Resort were leaked on twitter and were all over the Internet. That plan supposedly was put on hold so it's logical to assume that if this new rumor is true it's probably either that project or a similar plan. Those plans never touched the actual camp ground or reduced its capacity. @WDW1974 said that FW wasn't going anywhere, but something DVC related could be in the works.

If anyone hasn't seen them here's a thread from a FW fan site that has all of the leaked River Country plans. Not just a few sketches, but full plans including pictures of mocked up rooms. It's 16 pages, but if you scroll through and at least look at the pictures it's worth the time.
http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/11845-leaked-river-country-dvc-plans/page-6

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Worst thing you can do is judge reaction by a soft open crowd. That's all locals who (1) love Potter and (2) are excited to be in there "first." I loved the Hogwarts Express, but we can't truly judge it until at least August, when the regular crowds are riding it day in and day out.

Or we can have the alternative to the HE...
bus.jpg

or
WDW-Monorail-Work-Tractor-3.jpg

I know which 'train with TV screens' I prefer

As much as someone would want to crap on the HE... let's not forget it could have been cut as not core to the new land...

flynnibus

Premium Member

ParentsOf4

From public announcement to opening day, it's going to take Disney six years to build Pandora.

This despite getting its professional derriere kicked by Universal, who has managed to open 2 lands and more attractions in less time, with even more on the way before a single guest ever sees a blue alien.

And we think Disney is capable of keeping up with Universal's construction pace exactly why? :D

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Epicly bad.. Captain EO, Seas, GF Hotel, CBR, the ENTIRE NEW 3rd gate..DMGM... Typhoon Lagoon... Pleasure Island.

Yeah 84-89 is the model is when the company was stagnant... :banghead:

Can someone point the him to @wdwmagic 's own history page - http://www.wdwmagic.com/walt-disney-world-history.htm
What's kinda sad is this is what people say about all of those additions today: Captain EO is back and it's dated, it needs to go. The Seas were "tooned" up and ruined. GF is overpriced and dated. CBR is a dump. DHS is a mess, a half day park and needs a desperate overhaul. PI is gone. I have never heard anything bad said about Typhoon Lagoon.

71jason

As much as someone would want to crap on the HE... let's not forget it could have been cut as not core to the new land...

I actually enjoy HE, in the Universal thread defending it as an E ticket. But that's under near ideal circumstances. It's the difference between reviewing Cali Grill during a comped lifestyler whorefest and reviewing it when you make an ADR and show up under an anonymous name on a random Friday night.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I actually enjoy HE, in the Universal thread defending it as an E ticket. But that's under near ideal circumstances.

Certain people are biased or caught up in the moment .. No doubt.

But my secondary jab was more to the point of... It made it... Unlike avatar's third ride ;)

So with da ramping up the level of food integration again... Where does Disney go with that in pandora?

It doesn't have food references in the film of note so they will have to make everything up. Will we see a flame tree BBQ but exotically spun to pandora? Heavy veggie/skewer type stuff?

Cesar R M

Epicly bad.. Captain EO, Seas, GF Hotel, CBR, the ENTIRE NEW 3rd gate..DMGM... Typhoon Lagoon... Pleasure Island.

Yeah 84-89 is the model is when the company was stagnant... :banghead:

Can someone point the blockhead to @wdwmagic 's own history page - http://www.wdwmagic.com/walt-disney-world-history.htm
Pretty sure he will block his hears and eyes and do the "lalalalala cant hear you.. I'm in my happy land"
Still, you burned him so hard.... I do not think he will be back in a week. Perhaps then repeating the same cycle.
From public announcement to opening day, it's going to take Disney six years to build Pandora.

This despite getting its professional derriere kicked by Universal, who has managed to open 2 lands and more attractions in less time, with even more on the way before a single guest ever sees a blue alien.

And we think Disney is capable of keeping up with Universal's construction pace exactly why? :D
probably because all the building power of Disney is busy doing DVC and destroying classic part of old hotels??
:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom