The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Certain people are biased or caught up in the moment .. No doubt.

But my secondary jab was more to the point of... It made it... Unlike avatar's third ride ;)

So with da ramping up the level of food integration again... Where does Disney go with that in pandora?

It doesn't have food references in the film of note so they will have to make everything up. Will we see a flame tree BBQ but exotically spun to pandora? Heavy veggie/skewer type stuff?
How about a blue steak? Or maybe Banshee wings? Those things probably taste like chicken anyway if grilled up right;). I assume it will be similar to Star Wars in that the theming of the restaurant will be more important than the food itself. They could also go T-Rex style where they name all of the generic food offerings after things in the movies.

rael ramone

Certain people are biased or caught up in the moment .. No doubt.

But my secondary jab was more to the point of... It made it... Unlike avatar's third ride ;)

So with da ramping up the level of food integration again... Where does Disney go with that in pandora?

It doesn't have food references in the film of note so they will have to make everything up. Will we see a flame tree BBQ but exotically spun to pandora? Heavy veggie/skewer type stuff?

Pandora Fries! (aka Cockerell Fries) :mad:

Seriously, I wonder if this could be an excuse for them to open a 'fast casual' place with organic and/or fresh and/or 'socially responsible' ingredients (like a 'Chipotle' or 'Panera').

flynnibus

Premium Member
Pandora Fries! (aka Cockerell Fries) :mad:

Seriously, I wonder if this could be an excuse for them to open a 'fast casual' place with organic and/or fresh and/or 'socially responsible' ingredients (like a 'Chipotle' or 'Panera').

My assumption... Given the 'save the whales' vibe for pandora... Is that there would be a healthy focus. Plus Disney has been doing more of that (see paradise grill). It's that kind of line I'm thinking...

PeterAlt

Yo, I've been "away" for the past few weeks. Can someone please give me the short version of what I've missed 150 pages ago?

Also, I saw on another site about a public filing by Universal that mentions an unannounced "Volcano Bay" (or was it Volcano Cove?), as well as filings for new hotels (also unannounced). The hotels are pretty clear as to where they are planned (between Cabana Bay and Pacific). The mystery is the Volcano Cove/Bay project. Has this been discussed?

Has anything leaked about what new land parcels Universal may have their eyes on?

PhotoDave219

A couple of side notes from yesterday's hijinks at the Magic Kingdom….

Liberty Square is truly the place to watch the Fourth of July fireworks from.

I'm not sure which is worse on the carousel of progress: all the broken things, be at electronics that aren't working properly, or the incessant bass thumping from the dance party outside.

What exactly is the point of having a backstage route to divert guests to if you're just going to close it during parade?

Again, we can have as many turnstiles as we want but labor still determines how many of them are open on a holiday weekend.

Quick service food offerings of the Magic Kingdom are still pretty awful.

Main Street ops were directing guests around a planter that has since been removed… Essentially making us followed taped arrows on the ground.

There was talk of the William j LePetomaine thruway.

Mike S

Yo, I've been "away" for the past few weeks. Can someone please give me the short version of what I've missed 150 pages ago?

Also, I saw on another site about a public filing by Universal that mentions an unannounced "Volcano Bay" (or was it Volcano Cove?), as well as filings for new hotels (also unannounced). The hotels are pretty clear as to where they are planned (between Cabana Bay and Pacific). The mystery is the Volcano Cove/Bay project. Has this been discussed?

Has anything leaked about what new land parcels Universal may have their eyes on?
Volcano Bay seems to be part of a larger water park called "Wondersea Island". We also talked about more food, how great a band Iron Maiden is, DVC, Diagon Alley and the Hogwarts Express soft opening (no Gringotts) as well as the people who waited over 20 days for those openings and also the usual bickering between pixie dusters and Disney fans who know better than to blindly follow. I think that's the gist of it, if there was more anyone feel free to add.

Mr. Moderate

I love how Universal is constantly improving their product and offerings to visitors and I look forward to see what more they're going to do in the future. Exciting times for fans of USO, especially when you look back just 6 to 7 years ago and see what the parks/resorts offered, compared to today. However my excitement for them is offset by sadness of the fact that Disney is just interested in barely getting by and DVC, Frozen M&G seems to be what's most important. As a big fan of Disney parks I want more focus on the guest experience with new quality rides and attractions, new lands, etc, not more Princess or Frozen M&G and Magic Bands crap. I want the parks that have gotten stale and just stagnant, like DHS for example, to be fixed and be worthy of the Disney name and standards that used to be considered the high bar, set long ago by themselves.

Enough is enough, especially with the high ticket and onsite hotel prices, there's no justification for letting it get this stale, for so long. I'm a fan, not a hater, but I refuse to sugar coat what's going on and have little patience for those who willingly ignore the poor direction the Disney company is taking their parks, especially WDW. Disney needs to stop trying to harvest every single dollar out there, like the low hanging fruit, I call the "Frozen effect" and the Magic band crap. Build some exciting, jaw dropping attractions, stop focusing on the Princess stuff, and people will come back in droves. I guarantee if a huge make over/expansion of DHS, complete with an awesome Star Wars land and a big Pixar place was to happen, very quickly, Potter wouldn't be all the buzz it is now.

crispy

The Olaf wig will be perfect to prevent drunkies from hitting their heads.
It will act like a head pillow.

troll plushies as well, I am surprised they never imagined that.

I know the trolls are supposed to look like rocks, but their noses and faces look like they are covered in large blackheads and kind of gross me out (and in a sick way makes me want to squeeze them, but I digress). I vote no to troll plushes.

Nmoody1

A couple of side notes from yesterday's hijinks at the Magic Kingdom….

Liberty Square is truly the place to watch the Fourth of July fireworks from.

I'm not sure which is worse on the carousel of progress: all the broken things, be at electronics that aren't working properly, or the incessant bass thumping from the dance party outside.

What exactly is the point of having a backstage route to divert guests to if you're just going to close it during parade?

Again, we can have as many turnstiles as we want but labor still determines how many of them are open on a holiday weekend.

Quick service food offerings of the Magic Kingdom are still pretty awful.

Main Street ops were directing guests around a planter that has since been removed… Essentially making us followed taped arrows on the ground.

There was talk of the William j LePetomaine thruway.

Was at Disneyland last week... Quick service there is fantastic and very varied - surpring as most guests visit there for 1 or two days... Cut to Orlando where people are meant to vacation and spend upward of 4+ days... You have pretty much the same menu items across all the parks - it's all bland, it's all badly presented (cars land real life crockery anyone?) and it's all basic fast food... Fries, pizza, burgers.

Curse of the Dining plan maybe, but another disappointment in Orlando!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom