The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Disneyhead'71

I consider Seven Dwarves a E ticket. Toy Story Mania is one of the most popular rides in Orlando, and an all ages crowd pleaser. Star Tours was also a major update for DHS. If you don't count it as a new attraction, you can't count Despicable Me or The Simpsons as a new attraction either. I also enjoy Test Track update to be very good.

Animal Kingdom is stagnant, but that will change with Avatar. The other three parks have had some nice upgrades.
Soooo, 7DMT is an E Ticket and the Hogwarts Express is a nice little D Ticket.

That's all I need to know.

Oh, and Star Tours 2.0 is not a new attraction. The Simpsons and Despicable Me are. Star Tours 2.0 could most aptly be compared to the Spider-man upgrade.

SJN1279

Soooo, 7DMT is an E Ticket and the Hogwarts Express is a nice little D Ticket.

That's all I need to know.

Oh, and Star Tours 2.0 is not a new attraction. The Simpsons and Despicable Me are. Star Tours 2.0 could most aptly be compared to the Spider-man upgrade.

Star Tours is a huge upgrade over what was originally there. The ride changed to 3D, and added multiple sequences(something no other simulator has ever done to this point). It has much of an upgrade as Despicable Me and The Simpsons are.

I much rather ride a well themed coaster with state of the art animatronics and good drops than a Train where you basically watch TV screens. Personal preference.

John

Star Tours is a huge upgrade over what was originally there. The ride changed to 3D, and added multiple sequences(something no other simulator has ever done to this point). It has much of an upgrade as Despicable Me and The Simpsons are.

I much rather ride a well themed coaster with good drops than a Train where you basically watch TV screens. Personal preference.

Have you rode either of these two rides?...we know you havnt rode the latter.How in the world could you form an opinion on something you havnt experienced no matter what the attraction consist of?

Disneyhead'71

I much rather ride a well themed coaster with state of the art animatronics and good drops than a Train where you basically watch TV screens. Personal preference.
You probably should stop talking/typing until you experience HE. You are sounding either ignorant or insane.

Oh, and on the other point you are just plain wrong.

SJN1279

Have you rode either of these two rides?...we know you havnt rode the latter.How in the world could you form an opinion on something you havnt experienced no matter what the attraction consist of?

I've seen videos. I'm sure I will enjoy the Hogwarts Express, but I really loved the Seven Dwarves. The animatronics, the music, the actual coaster, it is just a great attraction. I also feel being dropped off in a different park is a huge inconvenience, and limits how often you will want to experience Hogwarts Express.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I've seen videos. I'm sure I will enjoy the Hogwarts Express, but I really loved the Seven Dwarves. The animatronics, the music, the actual coaster, it is just a great attraction. I also feel being dropped off in a different park is a huge inconvenience, and limits how often you will want to experience Hogwarts Express.

I bet most people, especially HP fans will find being dropped off in another park a truly amazing part of the attraction. This train re-creates a major aspect of the films at a level that has never been done before.

SJN1279

You probably should stop talking/typing until you experience HE. You are sounding either ignorant or insane.

Oh, and on the other point you are just plain wrong.

How am I wrong? What other simulators have multiple sequences other than Star Tours? None that I've seen, and definitely none in Orlando. The 3d on Star Tours is also very impressive and adds depth. Star Tours 2.0 is a huge improvement than its predecessor, and just as an impressive upgrade as Despicable Me and The Simpsons were.

SJN1279

I bet most people, especially HP fans will find being dropped off in another park a truly amazing part of the attraction. This train re-creates a major aspect of the films at a level that has never been done before.
Not people with a one park pass that are forced to pay hundreds of dollars for their families to upgrade.

Disneyhead'71

How am I wrong? What other simulators have multiple sequences other than Star Tours? None that I've seen, and definitely none in Orlando. The 3d on Star Tours is also very impressive and adds depth. Star Tours 2.0 is a huge improvement than its predecessor, and just as an impressive upgrade as Despicable Me and The Simpsons were.
I agree that it is an impressive upgrade. And better executed than The Simpson's Ride. That doesn't make it a "new" attraction. The upgrade to Star Tours is fantastic, but it's still Star Tours.

Captain Chaos

different day same argument .....HE to me what will make it special is the uniqueness in the ride....providing a storyline with effects while also providing transportation to the other park is brilliant

Don't you just wish people on here would have learned by now who NOT to engage on conversation with? The same people post the same nonsense, getting reaction from the same people who decide to argue the same argument over and over and over again.

These silly debates are recycled every week, by the same members. Time for more ignoring....

Goofyernmost

Can we please get this thread back on the topic? - The shocking number of bronie DVC members who bought Chipotle burritos contaminated with tainted River Country groundwater as they began to riot since Iron Maiden's perfomance at the opening of Diagon Alley was delayed due to sink holes.
Yea, what he said! I think!

If Gringott's is giving Universal as much trouble as rumored(and that's a big if), Universal guest relations will be in for a long summer. I remember Universal Studios in 1990 as a fun but frustrating park.
Just so you'll know. The Universal of the 90's with the exception of some of the ride placements (not all) is so drastically different then now that it is impossible to even explain. Everything from the quality of the attractions, to themeing, to cleanliness, to vastly improved Team Members outlooks and attitudes have basically blown WDW out of the water.

They will never completely outperform WDW if for no other reason then WDW's shear size, plus the incredible luck to have had a visionary own and operate the Disney Company with the foresight to buy 20,000+ plus acres of land at dirt (pun intended) cheap prices. Universal has to now pay through the nose for any land acquisitions putting them at a major disadvantage right at the onset.

I remember Uni of the 90's as being a very frustrating experience, but, mostly because of their policy of hidden and deceiving queue's. Just when you thought you were almost at the front you had to make a severe turn and found yourself in a line that was four times longer then you had originally thought you were in. And until you got there they just were not visible at all. They had queue's within queue's.

Last edited:

71jason

Have you seen the pics that HTF posted? It looks as if most (locals) are so mesmerized by the land that they'll be ok if they have to wait for Gringotts. If you are from out of town, that's another story....

Worst thing you can do is judge reaction by a soft open crowd. That's all locals who (1) love Potter and (2) are excited to be in there "first." I loved the Hogwarts Express, but we can't truly judge it until at least August, when the regular crowds are riding it day in and day out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom