The Spirited 11th Hour ...

SirNim

In other news... https://www.facebook.com/officialcolumbiaIsaoTomita/ / http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20160508_19/

Isao Tomita, the pioneering Japanese synthesizer master, whose electronic arrangement of a Bach sinfonia was an influence on the soundtrack of the '94 Spaceship Earth, has passed away. I first learned of Tomita through these message boards (when I voraciously collected source audio), and went on to acquire not only the album on which the Bach sinfonia appeared, but nearly his entire catalog - or at least that portion of which was made available in the States. When I went to Japan, I made it a point to seek out his section in the Tsutaya record shop:

Incidentally, I happened to arrive in Tokyo the evening prior to his debut performance of his final work, Symphony Ihatov, which was premiering at the Tokyo Opera House the very next morning. Weeks before, I had tried to secure tickets, but it had of course long since been sold out. (And the Japanese ticketing system is nearly impenetrable for foreigners without inside help.) While not a performer, Tomita was in attendance, and I of course bought the CD recording as soon as Columbia Records Japan issued it. Though I couldn't make it to his concert, I at least was within the city limits of Tokyo for its premiere.

He was an immensely influential musician, arranger, and composer, and the tributes from around the world will no doubt be pouring in shortly.

Last edited:

Quinnmac000

I'm glad Pirates looks amazing and exceeding my expectations from the videos so far, maybe Disney realized that since Shanghai use to be a Pirate town that ride would have a lot of significance to its history. So they did get something culturally right.

As for Tron, its a roller coaster which probably induces more thrills than the other rides hints the amount of praise for it.

Last edited:

VJ

As a fan of the Pirates movies (and the ride, of course), Battle for the Sunken Treasure looks pretty amazing from the very little I've seen of it so far. Hopefully more comes out as far as video of the ride.

Mike S

Clip of what hopefully is the park's piece de resistance, PotC:BftST:

*SPOILERS: If you're going to be visiting the park soon, you may not want to watch

source: https://www.instagram.com/shdisney/

Looks incredible :jawdrop: I hope the SoCalAttractions360 guy puts up a video for it. His are the best.
Seeing this makes me wish they would put this pirates eticket at Hollywood or an adventure land expansion and then de Johnny deppify the original one.
Can anyone say if this is enough space for that ride?
image.jpeg

I'm sure it's an attraction Shanghai wants to keep exclusive though so this is all moot.

And to think it was rumored for MK at one point. Looks very cool.

yeti

In other news... https://www.facebook.com/officialcolumbiaIsaoTomita/ / http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20160508_19/

Isao Tomita, the pioneering Japanese synthesizer master, whose electronic arrangement of a Bach sinfonia was an influence on the soundtrack of the '94 Spaceship Earth, has passed away. I first learned of Tomita through these message boards (when I voraciously collected source audio), and went on to acquire not only the album on which the Bach sinfonia appeared, but nearly his entire catalog - or at least that portion of which was made available in the States. When I went to Japan, I made it a point to seek out his section in the Tsutaya record shop:

Incidentally, I happened to arrive in Tokyo the evening prior to his debut performance of his final work, Symphony Ihatov, which was premiering at the Tokyo Opera House the very next morning. Weeks before, I had tried to secure tickets, but it had of course long since been sold out. (And the Japanese ticketing system is nearly impenetrable for foreigners without inside help.) While not a performer, Tomita was in attendance, and I of course bought the CD recording as soon as Columbia Records Japan issued it. Though I couldn't make it to his concert, I at least was within the city limits of Tokyo for its premiere.

He was an immensely influential musician, arranger, and composer, and the tributes from around the world will no doubt be pouring in shortly.

RIP

PhotoDave219

Looks incredible :jawdrop: I hope the SoCalAttractions360 guy puts up a video for it. His are the best.

Can anyone say if this is enough space for that ride?
View attachment 141077
I'm sure it's an attraction Shanghai wants to keep exclusive though so this is all moot.

And to think it was rumored for MK at one point. Looks very cool.

Wait. I thought you were part of the "no more IP in MK" crowds?

Mike S

Wait. I thought you were part of the "no more IP in MK" crowds?
I was asking if that's enough space for the ride based on what @Sped2424 said and simply mentioned that Tron was rumored at one point. If this is about the Muppets in Liberty Square thing that's just something that feels a little off to me and not something I'm particularly fighting against with any passion.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I have no problem with Indy and Star Tours at DL since they make sense. Monsters and Stitch at MK, not so much.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom