The Spirited 11th Hour ...

yeti

Looks incredible :jawdrop: I hope the SoCalAttractions360 guy puts up a video for it. His are the best.

Can anyone say if this is enough space for that ride?
View attachment 141077
I'm sure it's an attraction Shanghai wants to keep exclusive though so this is all moot.

Wait. I thought you were part of the "no more IP in MK" crowds?

Theoretically this could allow them to remove Jack Sparrow from the classic version. Just sayin'.

BrianLo

I believe the only things not open yet are the Wandering Moon restraunt, Marvel/Star Wars additions (no surprise these all started late and were the only things actually "added" from the 800 million). Have yet to see Dumbo and Roarin' Rapids with riders. I'm nearly certain both will make opening, may have just been weather related as those were two of the rides that were on-schedule previously.

There is still lots of last minute landscaping work to be done, operational stuff, concrete work and touch ups.

BUT despite the park being a complete nightmare it's all come together in the 11th hour. The doom and gloom predictions unsurprisingly have failed to come to pass. That does not mean they were not valid at the time (the park very clearly fell even more behind), but a lot of double shifts and outside labor have helped turn an impossible situation around.

Hopefully the park performs well (seems like the local interest is there) and we can forgot about the bumpy road. I also hope this means the really bad cuts to the NA parks can reverse.

Mike S

okay I'm still being blown away by pirates...the new clip

image.jpeg

In one of the clips you can hear the coqui :,) as a Puerto Rican it's nice to hear that detail included in an attraction that is supposed to take place in the Caribbean.
What's coqui?

HauntedMansionFLA

Looks incredible :jawdrop: I hope the SoCalAttractions360 guy puts up a video for it. His are the best.

Can anyone say if this is enough space for that ride?
View attachment 141077
I'm sure it's an attraction Shanghai wants to keep exclusive though so this is all moot.

And to think it was rumored for MK at one point. Looks very cool.
What part of the park is this location? It would be cool if they could have the new pirates up by TòT along with a new HM.

lazyboy97o

Based on the same ride setup at coney island and knotts berry farm, I would say no.
Those are Zamperla's version. I haven't seen it very firmly stated but Disney tends to go with Vekoma for roller coasters. It is possible, but I personally do not think it is likely, that this is a Golden Horse coaster.

gmajew

Premium Member
The ride looks amazing. Jealous but new tech and a co p,eye change from the original pirates we have in our parks.

But great to see what they can do with new rides.

doctornick

Maybe it's just me, but Tron looks nice but nothing all that special. The coolest thing is that it goes outside which will make for a great visual for the land (especially at night) but the ride itself just has some fairly generic lighting/effects. I think it would have been cooler if they had two separate tracks that intertwine, with one being blue and one yellow, especially if they could have worked in the "leaving wall behind" effect with that. I'm sure it will be a perfectly good roller coaster, especially given the relatively uncommon seating configuration.

Pirates looks fantastic though.

doctornick

Wonder if you could thread Tron in, around, and through Space Mountain launching from the Arcade?

When the Tron ride was being considered for MK, where was it going to go? I seem to recall it was going to replace Laugh Floor and utilize the expansion pad behind that building. It does seem like it would add a cool kinetics and aesthetic to the land it is in by going in and out of the building. Apparently, though, something Tron themed might be being considered for Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom