The Spirited 11th Hour ...

matt9112

I get what you're saying, Dave. Disney animation is primarily designed for very young audiences and the characters in the films have a huge impact on children's lives- whether it be play time (haven't you ever hung out on the backyard tire swing and declared yourself a mighty pirate?!), naptime (Disney merchandise- bedding, plushes, pillows, sleepwear), dining (again, Disney merchandise... even I have an Elsa mug!) or daily activities- there really isn't a need to thrust the idea of "this girl likes other girls and that's ok". I get that IT IS INDEED OK, I'm totally cool with it- but for the target audience at large it's simply unneccessary.

Children are exploited enough. I've seen my fair share of Disney toddler bikinis to know that yes, they are so cute and your little monster is just adorable in it, but the neighbor pedo thinks so too, so there's that. Kids can't be kids in todays society- LET IT GO. Let them play, let them kiss who they want. But for heavens sake it's not required reading for a three year old.

The innocence has been lost. Don't make it worse.

Are you trying to go on some holy crusade to save something that's already been lost? Who cares if it has LGBT stuff Google all the undertones of past Disney animation and some are very dark. A couple girls kissing isn't much.

RandySavage

I just watched this maybe ten times. Pirates looks like the most amazing ride I've ever seen. Completely blown away.

PotC does look tremendous from these clips. The visceral reaction from those on the boat says a lot too.

The skeleton-to-Jack change appeared to me to be a musion screen effect at the end of clip 2, but in clip 3 (chronologically) it appears to be an AA. When your animatronics are being mistaken for musion, you're doing something right.

matt9112

I had a seriously huge explanation on why you are wrong Dave. But lets put a brief tiny resume.

Sexuality is more than just sex you know.
Sexuality can be from orientation(the attraction or interest), to representation (how people identify, represent themselves), to their state of mind (Gender Dysphoria, or transexualism vs normal representation)

On one side, the conservatives have the incessant push that any talk about sexuality must involve sex and try to block all type of education.
This has always shown that it backfires and damages the kids. If the kids learn they have a more secure and safe life.
After all, kids as young as 12 start thinking about suicide because their insecurity and the fact that certain groups refuse to knowledge their difference.

this!!!!

Im conservative and I take no issue with LGBT anything. So I take offense to that lumped grouping. I just like to cling to my guns drive fast cars and be American why would I give a damn what somebody likes or dosent like....after all I wouldn't want LIBERALS trying to take things away from me.

the.dreamfinder

Buena Vista(Disney) is on pace to hit $1 Billion domestic and $2 Billion international faster than any studio in history; beating the current record held by UNI set last year.
http://deadline.com/2016/05/disney-...le-book-captain-america-star-wars-1201751308/
Disney Sets Records In Race To $1B Domestic, $2B International, $3B Global
With such films from the Disney stable as Zootopia, The Jungle Book and now Captain America: Civil War swinging at the global box office, The Walt Disney Studios scored a hat-trick of records this weekend. In 128 days of 2016, the Mouse crossed $1B domestic with $1.121B to date. The studio also crossed $2B international with $2.22B and zoomed past $3B global with $3.341B. Each is a new industry record, supplanting those set by Universal in 2015 which hit $2B international in 162 days; and $1B domestic and $3B global in 165.

Speed records to the $2B international and $3B global milestones have now been set two years in a row (before Uni raced to the benchmarks in 2015, Fox had held the records since 2010). Domestically in 2015, Uni bested Paramount’s record which dated back to 2008. Disney in 2015 got to $1B domestic in 174 days; its fastest ever climb at the time. It has now shaved roughly 37 days off all three records set last year.

It did so with Zootopia now the No. 1 movie of 2016 worldwide ($956.4M) and internationally ($628.8M); along with The Jungle Book at No. 3 globally ($776.2M) and No. 4 amongst Western films internationally ($491.2M); and Captain America: Civil War which is already the No. 5 movie worldwide of 2016 at $678.4M and the No. 3 Western title overseas at $496.6M. Those last figures are from one weekend of domestic and two of offshore play.

Also in the mix for Disney this year is a portion of Star Wars: The Force Awakenswhich continued play worldwide throughout early 2016 and grossed 30% of its domestic $936M in this calendar year. Another $125M came just from China in 2016.

Looking ahead for the Mouse, The Jungle Book has yet to bow in Korea and Japan. Beyond that is a series of titles that will continue to provide a mega boost to box office. Alice Through The Looking Glassstarts international rollout on May 25; Pixar sequel Finding Dory gets its fins on June 16; Marvel’s Doctor Strange begins October 26; and Lucasfilm’s Rogue One: A Star Wars Story starts going galactic on December 14.

Quinnmac000

Buena Vista(Disney) is on pace to hit $1 Billion domestic and $2 Billion international faster than any studio in history; beating the current record held by UNI set last year.

They played the game smart...besides Deadpool and Batman Vs Superman being tentpoles, there haven't been any big competition for them to bring them down. I'm sure they will stay on track for a long time with the only threats being a few films this summer which China will be pushing for hard as their companies have a lot invested in them.

Nmoody1

I'm going to say it, the parade looks like it was thrown together and certainly didn't cost much. Shame considering recent productions have been very good. The castle show looks great, although that stage looks so big, any kind of budget cutbacks on entertainers and it will look sparse.

Think the park looks great, my main concern is there aren't many smaller attractions to soak up crowds... We'll see. I have opening day tickets so guess I'll see first hand.... And will report back!

UpAllNight

So by the looks of it, Pirates might be one of Disney's greatest ever rides.

When will Disney allow the imagineers the funds and freedom to give their premium resort the kind of attractions the imagineers are capable of creating? Years and years after we've seen innovative attractions in Tokyo, Hong Kong and now Shanghai it's well beyond time that WDW received the kind of rides it deserves, and needs to stop it appearing second rate on innovation to those down the road.

I'm holding very high hopes that the Avatar rides hold their own against the rides we've seen them create all over the world.

Mike S

When will Disney allow the imagineers the funds and freedom to give their premium resort the kind of attractions the imagineers are capable of creating? Years and years after we've seen innovative attractions in Tokyo, Hong Kong and now Shanghai it's well beyond time that WDW received the kind of rides it deserves, and needs to stop it appearing second rate on innovation to those down the road.
I think Star Wars will provide that. Hurry up and wait.

Quinnmac000

I'm holding very high hopes that the Avatar rides hold their own against the rides we've seen them create all over the world.

Avatar will be impressive as Disney can't cut any budgets that much but another thing about all those other parks. Disney isn't the full owner so they can't be like oh we are going to cut this and this and you have to do this and this. More so they have to meet the agreements of the majority owners with the properties

brb1006

Looks incredible :jawdrop: I hope the SoCalAttractions360 guy puts up a video for it. His are the best.

Can anyone say if this is enough space for that ride?
View attachment 141077
I'm sure it's an attraction Shanghai wants to keep exclusive though so this is all moot.

And to think it was rumored for MK at one point. Looks very cool.
And I thought the Splash Mountain boat seen during the finale was huge.
EPV0731jpg-done.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom