The New Fantasyland

EPCOT Explorer

One word: Stocks!!!

*trying not to get left behind...*

:lookaroun:lol:

C'mon in...

whylightbulb said:
Exactly!!! We all couldn't understand when they canceled further development. It went into concept design and got pretty far into schematics before the delay and final cut. Who knows, with the sudden potential expansion they may have a change of heart.
That's a shame.:( I would have loved to have seen that ride...

hoke2007

I know you are saying that jokingly but I'm not sure if anyone here realizes how close WDW came to getting a new version of the IJA. It was slated for Animal Kingdom. They were supposedly going to wait for the box office numbers to determine whether it would get the green light or not. As far as I know it is now shelved unfortunately.

Well maybe they will reconsider when Indy 5 goes into theaters. Last I heard (a few days ago) Harrison Ford was in and ready for the next Indy movie. Its currently in its scripting phase which could take anywhere from a few months to a few years. Current projections have the movie coming to theaters in 2012.

Skyway

I assume an AK version of IJA would have used a completely different ride system (roller coaster?). Surely they were not planning to re-theme Dinosaur's EMV's.

CastleBound

Indeed. Indy 4 has some great opportunities for rides.

Hello, Waterfall....:lookaroun

Yea a flume ride would be great to base off that movie. 3 times it falls the Indy universe is sooo expansive that they don't have to limit themselves to just movie themes. They can go anywhere with it. Indy will always be loved no matter what kind of movie comes out!

whylightbulb

I assume an AK version of IJA would have used a completely different ride system (roller coaster?). Surely they were not planning to re-theme Dinosaur's EMV's.
I will say that it would not have been exactly like Dinosaur's ride system but would have had some similarities. I can't go into too much detail since they be using this ride system for something else.

jt04

Sorry, don't agree here at all. If anything make the Veranda the Adventurer's Club.

Works for me. Are you aluding to your insider info? :zipit:

As it has already been said, Disneyland has New Orleans Square instead of Liberty Square (lucky west coasters). PatF is a no brainer of a New Orleans themed land. Putting it in Liberty Square or Fronteirland is like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. If built in MK, FL is the obvious choice especially with your alleged backstory that the Enchanted Forest glues together.

Well, af far as I can tell, the enchanted forest will not have a bayou. Almost all of the content is European folklore/fairy tales. But I understand the attraction to having all the princesses in one area. Perhaps it's better to eliminate Dumboland and create PatF-land with a ride/restaurant etc and the EF could be part bayou. It is kinda swampy over there. :lol:

But then you don't have the dumbo spinners. :brick:

[/quote]There are just no words JT...I'm speechless, I am without speech.:dazzle:[/quote]

That compelling huh? :animwink:

The riverboat theme screams missisippi river. There is even acknowledgement of the region in the transition from LS to Frontierland. Tom Sawyer is not western in the modern sense. It's very much mississippi river. So converting the somewhat obsolete attraction into an up to date attraction seems reasonable. If Tom Sawyer works as a theme then so could a New Orleans bayou based PatF attraction. If Pirates can work in DL, then PatF can work at WDW.

Well maybe they will reconsider when Indy 5 goes into theaters. Last I heard (a few days ago) Harrison Ford was in and ready for the next Indy movie. Its currently in its scripting phase which could take anywhere from a few months to a few years. Current projections have the movie coming to theaters in 2012.

Seems like a perfect fit for AK if you ask me. Especially if they do a South America-land. They could base the entire land off an IJ mega E-ticket.

And they could theme the train to the start of your South American/Indiana Jones Adventure. Seems perfect.

Thrill Seeker

I still would love to see an Indiana Jones Flume ride come to DHS instead of the Stunt Show. We need an Indiana Jones attraction and DHS needs a water ride. Kill two birds with one stone there. Better yet, have it be Indy going in search of Atlantis. Gold mine right there...:wave:

jt04

Nope, just wishful thinking on this one. If the Hong Kong version is successful, I see the Veranda as a perfect place for the American counterpart.

No doubt. I'm wondering if part of the HK deal included exclusivity conditions as it relates to the AC and the other new stuff. That would explain Disney turning a deaf ear to the AC fans.

krankenstein

Perhaps it's better to eliminate Dumboland and create PatF-land with a ride/restaurant etc and the EF could be part bayou.

Why would you eliminate a successful ride and movie (one that has proven to be popular for 50+ years) for something that has not even come out yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom