The New Fantasyland

magicmaya

Wow, that is early! Down here its two weeks later.

I agree, a flume ride based on Indy could work very well, especially if there was a South American section. The Atlantis idea could work as well. :)

That's for atlanta schools.
We got out on may 20th and now we go back august friggin 10th :cry:
That is too short! I have to leave Anaheim next friday :cry::cry::cry:

Thrill Seeker

As for PatF, I'd say a total conversion of Tom Sawyer's Island would be the best choice if it should get a park presence. Like a previous poster said, turn it into a New Orleans Bayou area with areas to explore, a table service resturaunt and maybe some kind of attraction, if there's enough room on the island to build such a thing.

jt04

Why would you eliminate a successful ride and movie (one that has proven to be popular for 50+ years) for something that has not even come out yet?

This is Lasseters first WDAS project that he was involved with from day 1. I am convinced it will be a big hit.

I want Dumbo-land to stay as they dare not get rid of that ride. That is why I think TSI is perfect for PatF.

As for PatF, I'd say a total conversion of Tom Sawyer's Island would be the best choice if it should get a park presence. Like a previous poster said, turn it into a New Orleans Bayou area with areas to explore, a table service resturaunt and maybe some kind of attraction, if there's enough room on the island to build such a thing.

Exactly. And a Dr Facilier walk-through/show/M&G could be a cool add to the island. Plus a Tiana M&G. They would have to build a bridge to the island or add a bunch more rafts to meet demand.

ryanduggers

Maybe disney can just add PatF characters on the riverboat ride. They have had Song of the South characters along on the ride in the past. No theming would clash, and the boat would attract more riders. Looks like a win/win to me. They could also use part of the unused dock area for M&G. No real need to gut TSI anytime soon, & a bridge would not be practical.

Studios Fan

Maybe disney can just add PatF characters on the riverboat ride. They have had Song of the South characters along on the ride in the past. No theming would clash, and the boat would attract more riders. Looks like a win/win to me. They could also use part of the unused dock area for M&G. No real need to gut TSI anytime soon, & a bridge would not be practical.

I agree.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The riverboat theme screams missisippi river. There is even acknowledgement of the region in the transition from LS to Frontierland. Tom Sawyer is not western in the modern sense. It's very much mississippi river.

The Frontier was not just western deserts. The Appalachia area, and the Mississippi was the frontier of the early 1800s. Davey Crocket and others were in this area and east.

Much of the stories people associate with the 'westerns' was actually the midwest. Kanas.. Oklahoma, Missouri, etc were actually the home of much folklore people today would associate with 'westerns'.

Missing20K

I think DL has a much better chance of receiving any PatF attractions or overlays due to the fact they already have a dedicated New Orleans Square, and WDW would have to slightly re-theme or construct something new. They could also do a PatF restaurant at Epcot in the American Adventure pavilion. It could use a nice TS restaurant, and the cuisine of New Orleans lends itself well to a higher priced, more sophisticated fare. Just a thought.

Studios Fan

I think DL has a much better chance of receiving any PatF attractions or overlays due to the fact they already have a dedicated New Orleans Square, and WDW would have to slightly re-theme or construct something new. They could also do a PatF restaurant at Epcot in the American Adventure pavilion. It could use a nice TS restaurant, and the cuisine of New Orleans lends itself well to a higher priced, more sophisticated fare. Just a thought.

Good ideas.

aladdin2007

Very good ideas. Would really like to see them reopen the dining spot at Port Orleans for this that has been shuttered for years. It was always so nice.

_Scar

I just read on another forum from an insider who says Barnstormer is changing theme into a Walt-Era film. He can't say the anem, but it is on the blue prints (but it's blurry). He says he has seen them up close.

Captain Chaos

I just read on another forum from an insider who says Barnstormer is changing theme into a Walt-Era film. He can't say the anem, but it is on the blue prints (but it's blurry). He says he has seen them up close.

The name was on the leaked blue prints??? All I know is, I cannot make out the first two letters of the word... So, if we look back at some old Walt-era films, we should be able to decipher.. Ok, this will take too long... I am standing by my first thought CHESHIRE CAT coaster...

tirian

Disney has made some sweeping internal announcements and is investigating how the plans leaked.

Again, this doesn't mean that the plans leaked online are 100% approved, but it does mean that they're close enough to concern the Company.

Frankly, I can't blame them. This really is a serious breach of the NDA. :shrug:

On the bright side, whoever leaked the plans restored the public's faith in WDP&R: everyone from fans to the Sentinel to investors have noticed the leaked blueprints, and the consensus has been, "It's about time!"

aladdin2007

Disney has made some sweeping internal announcements and is investigating how the plans leaked.

Again, this doesn't mean that the plans leaked online are 100% approved, but it does mean that they're close enough to concern the Company.

Frankly, I can't blame them. This really is a serious breach of the NDA. :shrug:

On the bright side, whoever leaked the plans restored the public's faith in WDP&R: everyone from fans to the Sentinel to investors have noticed the leaked blueprints, and the consensus has been, "It's about time!"

Question is does Disney realize "its about time?" they finally do things and add things?, or do they just think we complain and whine so they are finally giving in. Just a thought.

_Scar

:shrug: I think Disney must realize this is only getting them good FREE publicity. Most people are for a new E-ticket and SOMETHING BatB. :)

tirian

Question is does Disney realize "its about time?" they finally do things and add things?, or do they just think we complain and whine so they are finally giving in. Just a thought.

They know. As soon as the MK refurbs began and one E-ticket's closure crowded the rest of the park, Disney knew the MK needed more attractions. Unfortunately, people in very high positions had to step over the proper channels to do other people's jobs. (Is that vague enough?) At least it's happening! :D

SirGoofy

They know. As soon as the MK refurbs began and one E-ticket's closure crowded the rest of the park, Disney knew the MK needed more attractions. Unfortunately, people in very high positions had to step over the proper channels to do other people's jobs. (Is that vague enough?) At least it's happening! :D

I would hope this leads to some more restructuring as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom