The New Fantasyland

EPCOT Explorer

Well, the timeframe is wrong for Peter Pan, Dumbo, IASW, Pooh, Alice in Wonderland, The Little Mermaid etc. I guess we should move them out too?

Fantasyland is where she and the other princesses belong.

Agreed. TSI is for the Frontier. Why you would want to put a princes there is beyond me.

The movie is not even open yet.:shrug:

CBOMB

I know...I want to take the master copy of that song out to the backyard and burn it with a flame thrower, then tossing it into a boiling vat of toxin, and then throwing a lighter in there and watching it explode, followed by sweeping up the ashes, and exploding the sweeper.

:lookaroun....

....Hall of the Presidents?

*runs*

LS's sidewalk designed to look like a waste ditch! Beat that! :lookaroun
The Liberty Tree, the Liberty Bell, and crooked shutters!

*runs trying to catch up with EPCOT Explorer*

CaptainMichael

It appears Enchanted Forest is an area that joins all the new Fantasyland "mini-lands" together into a cohesive backstory. Pixie Hollow will only be a part of the overall Enchanted Forest area. That is where Tinkerbell will be. Tiana is the subject of much speculation. Some have thought she will be added to Liberty Square because that is where she will be in Disneyland. There have also been rumors of a PatF restaurant and/or attraction. I think the movie will do great and Tiana and the characters will be in several areas. :)
As it has already been said, Disneyland has New Orleans Square instead of Liberty Square (lucky west coasters). PatF is a no brainer of a New Orleans themed land. Putting it in Liberty Square or Fronteirland is like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. If built in MK, FL is the obvious choice especially with your alleged backstory that the Enchanted Forest glues together.

But the timeframe is all wrong. That is why we are told Liberty Square won't work.

Personally I'm stuck with wanting to see TSI converted to PatF.
There are just no words JT...I'm speechless, I am without speech.:dazzle:

whylightbulb

I say put it in DHS right next to the Indiana Jones ride.
I know you are saying that jokingly but I'm not sure if anyone here realizes how close WDW came to getting a new version of the IJA. It was slated for Animal Kingdom. They were supposedly going to wait for the box office numbers to determine whether it would get the green light or not. As far as I know it is now shelved unfortunately.

Animaniac93-98

I know you are saying that jokingly but I'm not sure if anyone here realizes how close WDW came to getting a new version of the IJA. It was slated for Animal Kingdom. They were supposedly going to wait for the box office numbers to determine whether it would get the green light or not. As far as I know it is now shelved unfortunately.

Domestic: $317,101,119 40.3% + Foreign: $469,534,914 59.7% = Worldwide: $786,636,033
Indy 4 not good enough for Mickey? Figures.

whylightbulb

Domestic: $317,101,119 40.3% + Foreign: $469,534,914 59.7% = Worldwide: $786,636,033
Indy 4 not good enough for Mickey? Figures.
Exactly!!! We all couldn't understand when they canceled further development. It went into concept design and got pretty far into schematics before the delay and final cut. Who knows, with the sudden potential expansion they may have a change of heart.

Animaniac93-98

Exactly!!! We all couldn't understand when they canceled further development. It went into concept design and got pretty far into schematics before the delay and final cut. Who knows, with the sudden potential expansion they may have a change of heart.

Not to mention the $ made from the previous movies in theaters, on video the popularity of the DLR and TDS counterparts and the Indy show at DHS etc. Indy isn't going out of style.

I wouldn't be surprised if it had to do with a reluctance of spending anything, but as much as you may be right about expansion begin considered now 74 is right about Disney already spending alot as is (even if the 1.1 billion for DCA was "spent" before the economy tanked supposedly).

maleficentfan

I want to know why we couldn't have a land for the Villians (someone else said this). We have princesses, pirates, frontierspeople, and spacemen. Why not Villians? Even better, why not a PARK for Villians! There is so much potential there. Maleficent, Hook, Cruella, Frollo, Ursula, Lady Tremaine/Ugly Stepsisters, The Evil Queen/Ugly Hag from SW, The Queen of Hearts, The Ringmaster from Dumbo, Hades, Jafar, Scar, Gaston, Shan-Yu, etc. etc. Sure, I realize that Disney wants to have a family-friendly feel to it's parks, but this would be the haven for teenagers/young adults. I feel like the Villians are so discriminated against.

Captain Chaos

Not to mention the $ made from the previous movies in theaters, on video the popularity of the DLR and TDS counterparts and the Indy show at DHS etc. Indy isn't going out of style.

I wouldn't be surprised if it had to do with a reluctance of spending anything, but as much as you may be right about expansion begin considered now 74 is right about Disney already spending alot as is (even if the 1.1 billion for DCA was "spent" before the economy tanked supposedly).

Maybe it had to do with the fact that a lot of people really did hate the movie, no matter how much it pulled in... I still think a good attraction would trump people's opinion about a movie any day though...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom