The New Fantasyland

Thrill Seeker

Here's what I'd like to see:

Little Mermaid - Spring 2011 Opening
Toontown Demolition - Begins in mid 2010 and expansion completed in fall 2011/early 2012.
Dumbo Removal and Replacement - Begins in early 2011 and is completed by fall of 2011.
Existing Fantasyland Refurbs - Late 2011 start and completed by 2012.

Jasonflz

Here's what I'd like to see:

Little Mermaid - Spring 2011 Opening
Toontown Demolition - Begins in mid 2010 and expansion completed in fall 2011/early 2012.
Dumbo Removal and Replacement - Begins in early 2011 and is completed by fall of 2011.
Existing Fantasyland Refurbs - Late 2011 start and completed by 2012.

Is that possible? It seems like this will be pretty large. At least a 2013 opening would seem feasible. Then again, they're Disney.

DocMcHulk

Is that possible? It seems like this will be pretty large. At least a 2013 opening would seem feasible. Then again, they're Disney.
We;ve had this debate already. It's a matter if they do it in parts over time or go "all in" and demolish the whole area at once.

I am in the "parts over time" party.

Jasonflz

We;ve had this debate already. It's a matter if they do it in parts over time or go "all in" and demolish the whole area at once.

I am in the "parts over time" party.

I am with you. It seems unlikely that they would keep that whole area (toontown) and the train station closed for that long. Glad to see it is happening though.

EPCOTPluto

The contractors are ready:

FFCon.jpg

:hammer:

And sooner or later, we'll see this:

picture.php

:ROFLOL:

This is just my opinion but even if this is green lit I do not think that we will see any major work until October of this year at the very earliest. I believe the OP had thrown around a 5 year construction time frame for the entire project which would include updates to the exteriors of existing attractions as well.

Doesnt 5 years seem a bit long to complete this? I mean, im not in the construction business nor the theme park business so really I have no idea...but still.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Doesnt 5 years seem a bit long to complete this? I mean, im not in the construction business nor the theme park business so really I have no idea...but still.
When it comes to Disney they are notorious for taking quite a long time to build things. I believe there was also talk of this project being built in phases and then there is of course the exterior work on the rest of FL that will have to be done during 3rd shift. Add all that together and 5 years starts becoming a pretty tight time line.

DocMcHulk

It's all about how much you want to disrupt the area and the traffic flow. ALso, if you start ripping up the entire area at once, you are putting a lot of stress on other attractions in the park... especially if ToonTown goes right away.

If it's a multi-phased plan, i see it being:

1. Mermaid/Aurora
  2. Be Our Guest Restaurant/Belles Area/Cinderella
  3. ToonTown Takedown
  4. New Dumbo area built/PixieHallow
  5. Current Dumboa area torn down/Castle Wall built
Here's my logic behind that.... the Aurora area needs to be built to open a path to the Mermaid ride. So, those two are link. Next, you go for the Beauty and the Beast area to open up more space for people to roam. Now that you have place for people, especially younger children, to go... ToonTown can go down. Once the new dumbo area is built, they can take down the current dumbo and build the castle wall area.

WDWFREAK53

Is it just me...or does anybody else think that "Dumbo" won't be the exact "Dumbo" we know and love?

Hub & Spoke? Yes.

I think we'll have some other "flight options" though. Also, I have a feeling that the ears may "flap." Maybe the RFID tags could be implemented here so that Timothy can give you directions...

"Little Johnny...FLY UP!!!!!...Susie Q...Soar High!...Mikey...Swoop Low"

EPCOT Explorer

This is just my opinion but even if this is green lit I do not think that we will see any major work until October of this year at the very earliest. I believe the OP had thrown around a 5 year construction time frame for the entire project which would include updates to the exteriors of existing attractions as well.

I don't think they need 5 years. It could easily be done in two.:D:lookaroun

They built Disneyland in a year...:lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't think they need 5 years. It could easily be done in two.:D:lookaroun

They built Disneyland in a year...:lol:
To do it in two they would basically have to shut down Fantasy Land and we both know that ain't happening. The bean counters also need to be pacified as well. $500k or what ever the budget turns out to be looks a lot better spread out over a few years.

magicmaya

Why cant they just knock everything in FL and TTown down and build it the right way and when I mean the right way, I mean disneyland's IASW :lol:

tirian

Its opening wasn't the smoothest trip down the hill though.

About ten years passed before DL was up to Walt's own standards. For a while, DL featured "Holiday Hill"—a mound of dirt for kids to climb. The Haunted Mansion façade sat from 1963 through 1969, before it finally opened in '69. I'd rather let WDI fully develop the new FL and build it properly over time than repeat past mistakes.

WDWFREAK53

Is it just me...or does anybody else think that "Dumbo" won't be the exact "Dumbo" we know and love?

Hub & Spoke? Yes.

I think we'll have some other "flight options" though. Also, I have a feeling that the ears may "flap." Maybe the RFID tags could be implemented here so that Timothy can give you directions...

"Little Johnny...FLY UP!!!!!...Susie Q...Soar High!...Mikey...Swoop Low"

I guess it WAS just me :lookaroun :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom