The New Fantasyland

:rolleyes:

I have read the plans. Time Racers= Ray Bradbury? How is that? TR was a thrill ride with you moving quickly through time. Seeing that Ray Bradbury helped with the original ride, and it's script...I doubt that. SSE was designed as a Omnimover first and foremost.

New CoP? Where is that? I'm looking at the plans right now and I don't see that. Horizons trilogy? In Discoveryland, it's still gone. M:S lives.:shrug: If the redeeming factor is the Robot Gift Shop, to you, that's your prerogative and opinion, but I respectfully disagree.

Your next point, the rethemeing, and visual updating, I agree with. It would have been nice to have a more lush and more sleek FW.

And TLM? In EPCOT? In FW? Almost as bad as Nemo.:lol: And as for EPCOT's integrity? It's still there, but hiding. At least SSE is still a Edutaining Omni. At least TL is one of the most versatile Pavilions. I know it's a big point for me, and not for others, but at least it's still Future World. At least there's no clutterful (that a word?) Rollercoaster and Autotopia.:shrug: Squint, and some parts of EPCOT Center are still around. :eek:

Anyone know if the plans for P:G are still around?
wouldn't mind taking a look...

Oberon81

I'm hopeful. Even with a hint at what's to come, there still has to be some fog of secercy.
I think of this as a movie trailer. They give you just enought to whet your appetite; yearning for more.

The Conundrum

:rolleyes:

I have read the plans. Time Racers= Ray Bradbury? How is that? TR was a thrill ride with you moving quickly through time. Seeing that Ray Bradbury helped with the original ride, and it's script...I doubt that. SSE was designed as a Omnimover first and foremost.

TR had thrill ride portions correct but I also know the SSE that opened to the public was signifcantly different from Bradbury's concept. I remember fabdisneybabe (jim hill's wife) had the details for the attraction on her old website and I remember her clearly saying the imagineers wanted to go back and incorporate more from the original concept.

New CoP? Where is that? I'm looking at the plans right now and I don't see that. Horizons trilogy? In Discoveryland, it's still gone. M:S lives.:shrug: If the redeeming factor is the Robot Gift Shop, to you, that's your prerogative and opinion, but I respectfully disagree.

If you look on the blueprints the new COP is called "Home of Tomorrow" it would have been a show (like COP, HOP, Country bears) but with a walkthrough area as well.

At least there's no clutterful (that a word?) Rollercoaster and Autotopia.:shrug: Squint, and some parts of EPCOT Center are still around. :eek:

Roller coaster would have been themed with jungle atmosphere and you probably wouldn't have even seen it. The hedgemaze sounded cool (like the Paris Alice Labyrinth) and I think little autopia was just one of many ideas.

Anyone know if the plans for P:G are still around?

wouldn't mind taking a look...

Do a google search. WDWmagic and jimhillmedia still have info on it.

EPCOT Explorer

TR had thrill ride portions correct but I also know the SSE that opened to the public was signifcantly different from Bradbury's concept. I remember fabdisneybabe (jim hill's wife) had the details for the attraction on her old website and I remember her clearly saying the imagineers wanted to go back and incorporate more from the original concept.

If you look on the blueprints the new COP is called "Home of Tomorrow" it would have been a show (like COP, HOP, Country bears) but with a walkthrough area as well.

Roller coaster would have been themed with jungle atmosphere and you probably wouldn't have even seen it. The hedgemaze sounded cool (like the Paris Alice Labyrinth) and I think little autopia was just one of many ideas.

Do a google search. WDWmagic and jimhillmedia still have info on it.
From what I know and have read about SSE, it's always been a Omni. Not challenging your info, but if you have a link to this, please tell me. I'd like to know...:lol:

As for House of Tomorrow...Don't we have something akin to that in Inno. now?

Honestly, Roller Coasters don't belong in EPCOT.:shrug: Even in WS.

EPCOTPluto

As for House of Tomorrow...Don't we have something akin to that in Inno. now?
Yes we do. The House of Innoventions. :cool:

DSCN2910.jpg

Now about this:http://www.yesterland.com/futurehouse.html
That'll be cool to replace (or update HoI). ;)

OT: And this really reminds me of 1994 Innoventions. Yes, I played there back in 2006 :eek:. Actually fun. I was named "Best Hider" as Goofy:

DSCN2908.jpg

Honestly, Roller Coasters don't belong in EPCOT.:shrug: Even in WS.
Well, save for something edutainment. :lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun Russia sleigh coaster, anyone?

EPCOT Explorer

Yes we do. The House of Innoventions. :cool:

DSCN2910.jpg

Now about this:http://www.yesterland.com/futurehouse.html
That'll be cool to replace (or update HoI). ;

OT: And this really reminds me of 1994 Innoventions. Yes, I played there back in 2006 :eek:. Actually fun. I was named "Best Hider" as Goofy:

DSCN2908.jpg

Well, save for something edutainment. :lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun Russia sleigh coaster, anyone?

Aha. Interesting....Thanks.:lol:

And....maybe.:lookaroun:lol:

Computer Magic

My comment was simply pointing out that folks are talking about all of the 'leaked' rumors (some with no semblance of reality) and not all the very negative news coming out of WDW.

If this stuff just hadn't of slipped out, then it's pretty safe to assume people would be talking about deaths on monorails, bus collisions, lawsuits, kids getting molested at water parks, lawsuits, parents getting arrested for leaving young kids alone in rooms and ... oh yeah, lawsuits.

Do you think Disney wants fans talking about the real news going on in Orlando or about whether some attractions on a leaked blueprint are simply meet and greets?

There is no company in the world that manicures its image like TWDC and all the news has been of the worst kind ... so anything that takes minds off of it is good to the Mouse.
If I'm reading you correctly, you are stating these plans were leaked by Disney on purpose.

If so, I agree. I think Disney leaked the plans either to get the minds off the negitive or to see public viewpoints. Nothing better than the Internet as a forum to see if the public would like what is in store.

MissM

Forgive me for asking what might be a repeat question (with 1500 replies, I freely admit I've not read it all) but if this new expansion happens, when will it (a) begin and (b) be finished? This seems like a rather long-term project. (If a simple rehab takes the better part of a year, how long can we expect an entire new addition to take for completion?)

Should this move forward, when will we know? (i.e. when will the walls start going up?)

I must admit the entire concept of getting such a big expansion is thrilling. I only hope we're not all disappointed should it all turn out to be a hoax.

EPCOTPluto

I feel that the only legitimate thing are the plans. I, too, would like to know.

I really would hate to be so deceived by it. And if it's a fraud, then at least Toontown is saved. :)

EPCOT Explorer

Forgive me for asking what might be a repeat question (with 1500 replies, I freely admit I've not read it all) but if this new expansion happens, when will it (a) begin and (b) be finished? This seems like a rather long-term project. (If a simple rehab takes the better part of a year, how long can we expect an entire new addition to take for completion?)

Should this move forward, when will we know? (i.e. when will the walls start going up?)

I must admit the entire concept of getting such a big expansion is thrilling. I only hope we're not all disappointed should it all turn out to be a hoax.
Hopefully it starts in October of 2009 and ends in September of 2011.;)

I feel that the only legitimate thing are the plans. I, too, would like to know.

I really would hate to be so deceived by it. And if it's a fraud, then at least Toontown is saved. :)
I don't think these are fake. These seem to be created by WDI. They are too exact. However, we don't know if this is going to be the finished product. For all we know, this could be a early rendering.:D

EPCOTPluto

I don't think these are fake. These seem to be created by WDI. They are too exact. However, we don't know if this is going to be the finished product. For all we know, this could be a early rendering.:D
I know, I know. I think it's real enough. Now all we need is Disney admitting it's legit and will begin construction by 2009-2011. :animwink:

EPCOT Explorer

So, realistically, should this happen, we would expect to see some walls, scrims and ground breaking to happen in the next few months? That'd be very exciting.

I would hope!:D

Hopefully they announce it in October and work begins immediately....And hopefully completing in September of 2011 for a October 1st 2011 opening- just in time for The Magic Kingdom's and Walt Disney World's 40th anniversary.:cool:

MissM

I would hope!:D

Hopefully they announce it in October and work begins immediately....And hopefully completing in September of 2011 for a October 1st 2011 opening- just in time for The Magic Kingdom's and Walt Disney World's 40th anniversary.:cool:
Right, that's why I was wondering how fast they were planning on moving with this. (Should it be true.) Seems that the 40th anniversary would be the perfect time to unveil the new and improved Fantasyland. I just wasn't sure if, realistically, they'd get done in that span of time given that refurbs take a very long time on their own and this is an entire new addition that's being proposed.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So, realistically, should this happen, we would expect to see some walls, scrims and ground breaking to happen in the next few months? That'd be very exciting.
This is just my opinion but even if this is green lit I do not think that we will see any major work until October of this year at the very earliest. I believe the OP had thrown around a 5 year construction time frame for the entire project which would include updates to the exteriors of existing attractions as well.

DocMcHulk

This works out after my Sept 2009 trip as I'm taking a vacation from Disney for a few years. This would bring me back :sohappy:
I am hoping ToonTown is still around in late November when my wife and I are going with our then 14 month old daughter.

I have a feeling it will be there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom