The New Fantasyland

jakeman

Because largely on the Internet ... and this site certainly backs that ... it seems if you say something enough it becomes true ... especially when it isn't.
The same goes for the continuous pointing out about the timing of the leakage. You started that, and others started to point it out as well. I was simply looking for a confirmation or information supporting it. Lee stated that is was not related. That is good enough for me and probably many others around here.

I don't see talk about transport safety or blatant disregard for it by WDW management. I don't see much talk about kids getting molested at TL. Hell, I don't even see talk about them likely extending free dining all the way into December.

Nope ... what I see is all positive pablum over things that just conveniently slipped out when WDW was suffering its worst publicity in many years.
To your first point, as I have alway stated, you must have information regarding the final evaluation of the accident that points to a disregad for safety by WDW management. It would be appreciated if you would share it.

As Steve pointed out, there are threads on all of those topics.

Again, Lee pointed out and it has been commented on by others, that this wasn't supposed to get out.

I'm not going to get in a back and forth with you, but I think alot of your true colors were shown during the recent events.

wickedsoccer22

If M&G's truely make the lines that much shorter than M&G away I say!

I just really hope theres more to the Dumbo area though incorporating elements from Anahiem, Paris, and the Discovery Bay Concept for Dumbo's Circus (which would have been amazing).

I'd actually be more excited to see Dumbo's Circus more than anything else.

Well we all know how much Lasseter loves Dumbo so I'd assume if the plans were happening that the Dumbo area would be his baby. In which case it would be an awesome addition with him at the helm of that area :sohappy:

WDW1974

The same goes for the continuous pointing out about the timing of the leakage. You started that, and others started to point it out as well. I was simply looking for a confirmation or information supporting it. Lee stated that is was not related. That is good enough for me and probably many others around here.

I know Lee. I respect him. But Lee is simply offering his opinion that these things weren't related.

He may be right, but I don't believe he is. Ultimately, it's a matter of opinion and I find the timing very odd ... very ... especially with the sheer volume of 'rumors/leaks' all the while some very ugly stuff is going down at WDW.

To your first point, as I have alway stated, you must have information regarding the final evaluation of the accident that points to a disregad for safety by WDW management. It would be appreciated if you would share it.

It's not my information to share. But I have heard it from those who would know ... and I management was infomed in written, email form that there were policies and procedures that could lead to just such an incident. They were ignored. When people got loud, their jobs were threatened.

You may well be reading about it shortly, but it won't be in a post by me here.

As Steve pointed out, there are threads on all of those topics.

Again, Lee pointed out and it has been commented on by others, that this wasn't supposed to get out.

Yes. And my comments have been largely that people want to talk about anything rumor-related, but nothing of hard news that is coming from WDW.

And Lee is right ... the blueprint wasn't 'supposed' to get out if you're talking from the WDI end of things ... or the D23 end ... or even WDW Press and Publicity ... but that doesn't mean someone at the company in a very high position didn't make sure they got out just the same.

I'm not going to get in a back and forth with you, but I think alot of your true colors were shown during the recent events.

I don't know what that's supposed to mean at all. If you think I take any joy in the death of a kid just starting his life ... or any of the other lesser (but very significant) 'issues' that WDW has faced the past few weeks, then I really have nothing to say to you now or ever. Because I had to hold back tears when getting on the monorail a few days later knowing that Austin had piloted me just before he died. And because I had a few railies tell me about many of the safety issues in 2006 and we were going to do something to make sure someone took note, even if TDO was turning a blind eye ... and life got in the way. Sadly, maybe if we had pushed the Orlando Sentinel to go after that story back then, something we talked about, this kid would be alive today.

My true colors are only that I care about people and that I care about Disney being a safe place ... if that means attacking TDO here, I am more than happy to keep doing so.

The Conundrum

And the loss of EPCOT's integrity...Woulda been great!:rolleyes::lol:

Again...

Discoveryland...:hurl:

Now have you actually seen the plans and read the JHM/WDWmagic articles concerning Project:gemini or are you going by heresay because what you are saying is the total opposite of what P:G was going to do.

For example, I bet you didn't even know that the Time Racers proposal was actually much closer/faithful to Ray Bradbury's original concept & script for SSE

The new COP show planned for where one of the ugly innoventions buildings currently resides would have been "completed the trilogy" begun with COP, continued in Horizons, and follwed up here showing the evolution of the "family of the future". Don't even get me started on the cool robot gift shop and replacement for innoventions.

The park would have gotten much needed retheming, the wand would have come down sooner and that horrible innoventions plaza that currently exists would have been lone gone.

But instead they only greenlit soarin and we are now stuck with two barebone thriller rides, a totally unnecessary cartoon tie-in at seas, a mediocre SSE redo, a graveyard at the front enterance and some 90s carnival in the Communicore Plaza. Yea thats really preserving Epcots integrity all right.

Thrill Seeker

Does anyone think that this FL exp. would be done in phases? It seems the most logical would be expanding the 20K plot first.

Yeah. I figure Mermaid would be the first part, followed by the demolition of Toon Town, then the relocation of Dumbo and lastly the expansion/renovation of the existing Fantasyland.

jakeman

I know Lee. I respect him. But Lee is simply offering his opinion that these things weren't related.

He may be right, but I don't believe he is. Ultimately, it's a matter of opinion and I find the timing very odd ... very ... especially with the sheer volume of 'rumors/leaks' all the while some very ugly stuff is going down at WDW.
And by sheer volumes you mean one partial blueprint?

It's not my information to share. But I have heard it from those who would know ... and I management was infomed in written, email form that there were policies and procedures that could lead to just such an incident. They were ignored. When people got loud, their jobs were threatened.

You may well be reading about it shortly, but it won't be in a post by me here.
That's fine, so you'll just allude to it continuously for two weeks instead of actually contributing to the conversation.

If you are really as concerned as you say you are with the connection you say you have, I would think that you have some sort of moral obligation to inform the correct people that Disney knew about these issues long before it resulted in a death.

Yes. And my comments have been largely that people want to talk about anything rumor-related, but nothing of hard news that is coming from WDW.
There was nothing left to talk about. That, I think is the main point you are missing. The monorail accident was 10 days old. Nothing left to do except wait for the official report. The bus accident was a standard fender bender. The only thing remarkable was that it was two Disney buses.

There was no relavent "hard news" at the time these plans were leaked.

And Lee is right ... the blueprint wasn't 'supposed' to get out if you're talking from the WDI end of things ... or the D23 end ... or even WDW Press and Publicity ... but that doesn't mean someone at the company in a very high position didn't make sure they got out just the same.
Again, to what purpose? To distract a crowd of folks that are going to go to Disney anyways?

I don't know what that's supposed to mean at all. If you think I take any joy in the death of a kid just starting his life ... or any of the other lesser (but very significant) 'issues' that WDW has faced the past few weeks, then I really have nothing to say to you now or ever. Because I had to hold back tears when getting on the monorail a few days later knowing that Austin had piloted me just before he died. And because I had a few railies tell me about many of the safety issues in 2006 and we were going to do something to make sure someone took note, even if TDO was turning a blind eye ... and life got in the way. Sadly, maybe if we had pushed the Orlando Sentinel to go after that story back then, something we talked about, this kid would be alive today.

My true colors are only that I care about people and that I care about Disney being a safe place ... if that means attacking TDO here, I am more than happy to keep doing so.
Of course I'm not implying that you took joy in another person's death. You did use it to get your already widely known opinion out there even further:
WDW1974 said:
...Disney has been known to take shortcuts (both individually and systematically) ... not saying it was the case here, just saying it was possible.

And even if it was 'human error' much like the deaths in Anaheim, that human error ws the result of poor training and people not following procedures ... anyway, just sad. And quite probably preventable.

WDW1974 said:
Disney is going to get slammed for this ... no doubt about that ... it may have been 'human error' but that excuse only goes so far when corners are cut, procedures aren't followed or changed (even due to 'guest complaints' over waiting etc) when people die.

The Mouse really needs to be repetent beyond belief and fundamentally change this constant cutting of anything or anyone of value ... funny how all the old-timers who are ripping the change in procedures are largely not with the company ... but these new guys know best ...
WDW1974 said:
And just wait until one of those overloaded buses, packed with kids, flips on one of those twisty off-ramps on a rainy night ... that will make this seem like a walk in the park, sadly.

Disney needs to wake up to the fact that 15 years of growth with no new rails, no new watercraft, cuts behind the scenes in everything from maintenance to experienced railies has resulted in a mess that will likely require a few billion dollars and some vision to fix.

You actually believe Disney's got that?

I think this one is my favorite. Comparing the monorail accident to a trashy MK:
WDW1974 said:
...MK was absolutely a pig pen tonight since the same lack of fundamentals, that slippery slope eventually does lead to a path where people's lives are at stake?

These are your words from a simple forum search regarding the monorail accident. Instead of waiting like a rational person for offical facts you went off on Disney Management. Your first post was less than 12 hours after the accident, before the first offical NTSB report.

Do I think you took joy in someones death? No, of course not. Do I think that you used the accident to further your own irrational management hating agenda? Yes I do. Your own words go a long way to supporting that arguement.

You have many good points about the positives and negatives of WDW, but you take it too far sometimes.

You can have the last word. I'm not going to go back and forth with you like jt.

EDIT: Just so I'm not pigeonholed as a management apologist, if the final monorail report comes out and there was a management failure at any level or if anyone can confirm beyond reasonable doubt that these plans were leaked with the sole intent of covering up the monorail accident, we can ride in a car together to go picket TDO. I'll be waiting until the report comes out though.

jt04

Hey jakeman, I'm done dueling with anyone on these boards as I indicated in another thread.

There are things I read here that disturb me greatly. They are not benign comments and if I get drawn into these debates I might not be able to stop. It's too dark a place for me to wander into, and I think there are others who are better equiped to do so. So I'll stick to refurb rumors and armchair imagineering. I respect you so please don't take this post the wrong way.

Thanks.

Ignohippo

So, I've always been curious:
Does anyone know why MK's SW wasn't given the "wheenie" treatment it deserved when it was built? It's placement, shoehorned in as just another attraction at MK, has always baffled me.

I know, going to DL as a kid, what an impact DL's SW has in the park – it's like the ultimate destination with all of the great topiaries outside and the amazing facade. I understand that the queue needed to be indoors with the Florida weather, but certainly it could've been put in a much more appropriate spot and given a lot more of the grandure it deserves.

EPCOTPluto

Doing away with Mickey’s Toontown Fair is not without risks. Symbolically, the park is jettisoning the Fab Five in favor of the princesses, which might sit well with some visiting girls, but could easily dismay others. Mickey and Minnie did not suddenly become unpopular, and it’s a sure thing that visitors will still want to see them. Part of the elegance of Toontown (on both East and West coasts) is that it gave visitors a rock-solid place to find Mickey Mouse, instead of just hoping to run into him on Main Street. Losing such certainty would be a shame.
Exactly why I think it's rather odd for Toontown to just disappear.

Where else in each Magic Kingdom in both coasts can you have a M&G with Mickey? MSUSA would be rather small IMHO.

It's why I wish Toontown would expand over the railroad tracks somehow...

Good article, BTW. :wave:

Figment632

Exactly why I think it's rather odd for Toontown to just disappear.

Where else in each Magic Kingdom in both coasts can you have a M&G with Mickey? MSUSA would be rather small IMHO.

It's why I wish Toontown would expand over the railroad tracks somehow...

Good article, BTW. :wave:

If it's Toon Town from DL I agree but if it's just going to be a rehash of Toon Town fair it's a waste of time.

Oberon81

I am a long time reader and fan of this site and haven't participated much in discussion. However, I am find it funny that when Disney is in a lull with development in MK no one is happy, and then when something is "leaked" people are still not happy. Why?

Can't we just be excited that something is moving in the background? From what I have read it can be assumed that this expansion is more than likely going to happen, that a monsters inc coaster is possible, star tours 2 is a go and several other smaller projects are on the way.

For me I am excited. Of course I am one of those people who only has the opportunity to visit WDW once every 5 years so when I do go it's all relatively new to me anyway.

I don't want to step on anyone's toes but I feel that some people will never be happy with the improvements that Disney wishes to make. Management has made some poor decisions in the past, I will fully agree on that. However, shouldn't we be optimistic that eventually they will get it right and things will improve?

On another hand, Disney is a large company with a massive stake in the entertainment industry. As some have posted on here it seems that the final plans will not be announced until it is time. I agree that these plans were leaked intentionally. It only makes since that they were. As '74 said there is a ton of negative publicity in Disney's arena, they need something to misdirect the public and "leaked" plans might be enough.

The economy sucks now for everyone and Disney is making the most of what they have. Why can't some just be happy with that?

That's just my opinion. If any explanation can be presented to some of my questions, I would be greatly appreciative. I'm just trying to make sense of all the negativity toward improvements and plans, even if those plans are just preliminary.

Thanks.

EPCOT Explorer

Now have you actually seen the plans and read the JHM/WDWmagic articles concerning Project:gemini or are you going by heresay because what you are saying is the total opposite of what P:G was going to do.

For example, I bet you didn't even know that the Time Racers proposal was actually much closer/faithful to Ray Bradbury's original concept & script for SSE

The new COP show planned for where one of the ugly innoventions buildings currently resides would have been "completed the trilogy" begun with COP, continued in Horizons, and follwed up here showing the evolution of the "family of the future". Don't even get me started on the cool robot gift shop and replacement for innoventions.

The park would have gotten much needed retheming, the wand would have come down sooner and that horrible innoventions plaza that currently exists would have been lone gone.

But instead they only greenlit soarin and we are now stuck with two barebone thriller rides, a totally unnecessary cartoon tie-in at seas, a mediocre SSE redo, a graveyard at the front enterance and some 90s carnival in the Communicore Plaza. Yea thats really preserving Epcots integrity all right.

:rolleyes:

I have read the plans. Time Racers= Ray Bradbury? How is that? TR was a thrill ride with you moving quickly through time. Seeing that Ray Bradbury helped with the original ride, and it's script...I doubt that. SSE was designed as a Omnimover first and foremost.

New CoP? Where is that? I'm looking at the plans right now and I don't see that. Horizons trilogy? In Discoveryland, it's still gone. M:S lives.:shrug: If the redeeming factor is the Robot Gift Shop, to you, that's your prerogative and opinion, but I respectfully disagree.

Your next point, the rethemeing, and visual updating, I agree with. It would have been nice to have a more lush and more sleek FW.

And TLM? In EPCOT? In FW? Almost as bad as Nemo.:lol: And as for EPCOT's integrity? It's still there, but hiding. At least SSE is still a Edutaining Omni. At least TL is one of the most versatile Pavilions. I know it's a big point for me, and not for others, but at least it's still Future World. At least there's no clutterful (that a word?) Rollercoaster and Autotopia.:shrug: Squint, and some parts of EPCOT Center are still around. :eek:

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I am a long time reader and fan of this site and haven't participated much in discussion. However, I am find it funny that when Disney is in a lull with development in MK no one is happy, and then when something is "leaked" people are still not happy. Why?

Human nature. :shrug: There are a lot of people that are happy about the proposed plans, I think the unhappy people are just louder. :animwink:

EPCOT Explorer

Human nature. :shrug: There are a lot of people that are happy about the proposed plans, I think the unhappy people are just louder. :animwink:

:lol: I don't get it. We wanted expansion. Looks like we are getting it. What's to be unhappy about?

From the looks of it, it looks fairly immersive, too.:D

Figment632

:lol: I don't get it. We wanted expansion. Looks like we are getting it. What's to be unhappy about?

From the looks of it, it looks fairly immersive, too.:D

I don't speak for everyone but Im not unhappy anything new is good at this point. I'm just not thrilled I guess I was just expecting more out of the expansion. By more I mainly mean more than one ride.

EPCOT Explorer

I don't speak for everyone but Im not unhappy anything new is good at this point. I'm just not thrilled I guess I was just expecting more out of the expansion. By more I mainly mean more than one ride.
It's a huge ride.:lol::lookaroun You just don't get E Tics at the drop of a hat...

...And we still don't know what half of those attractions are. Some think it's M/G's but others are more mysterious. We could be surprised.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom