The New Fantasyland

lazyboy97o

Um, did you forget Mr. Potatohead?
Nope. Maybe its because I am a little hard of hearing, but he was hardly audible for most of my time in that crowded little room. He was visible for even less time. A wonderful animatronic poorly placed does not create an amazing queue in my book.

jt04

And here is a miniature of Belle's Villiage. Imagine something like this scaled up in FL. Nice. Borrowed from allears.net....

DLP%20Storybook%2012.jpg

jt04

Do you really think they would but this in there along with LM area i would like a BATB ride though....

Yes, I do and with some creative design they will be part of seperate mini-lands. Think about how World Showcase Pavillions totally surround you. When you are in China you don't think Norway cause you can't see it.

magicmaya

I think they should do something similar to high in the sky suess trolly train ride at uni but its similar to storybookland with the mini replicas in the sky on a platform :):wave:

jt04

Is that Casey Jr. going by in the foreground?
Question, how hard do you think it would be to clone that to fit the track for the Barnstormer...

Most people seem to think barnstormer will become SW mine train. There is an extra RR track in the blueprint. That would be part of a Casey theme it seems. Dumbo/Mermaid/BatB will be seperate mini-lands so the pics I provided are just to show Disney has developed these properties at other theme parks already.

I know this is a minor detail, but it's something I noticed looking at those plans. I don't know if anyone here has ever studied design, but the plans that are being proposed take up far more land than I think has been acknowledged here. Furthermore, the spacing seems unrealistic. The general space between Disney rides in Fantasyland is not that far, maybe a 50 foot walk from one to the other. This blueprint puts more than 100 feet between individual rides. Furthermore, the sizing seems unrealistic. The attractions that are actual rides seem awkwardly sized when set against the current attractions visible on the blueprint. There are also no floorplans for the new ride tracks, though in fairness that could be because the tracks are not finalized (though it seems silly to show a blueprint without knowing the specifications of everything you're putting in). The other "attractions" (aside from Ariel) are all very very tiny. We're talking queue line tiny. Compare, for example, the size of the Pooh waiting area on the blueprint and the Aurora attraction or the Cinderella one. Now, if these two attractions ended up being not rides but meet and greets, it is still illogical because there is no sense in Disney putting that much effort and time and money into a meet and greet. Ariel's meet and greet, you might argue, is very detailed, but it is not an entire area (which these ones would be) but rather a small area that was cheap and easy to theme (I mean, the pond was already there). Also, why would Disney make Cinderella's chateau when they could expand the castle and do a walk through for there? My point? These "blueprints" don't seem too official. I know I'm going to get attacked for this, but this has been bugging me for a while. Having studied design, these floorplans for the park seem very unrealistic and fantastical. Sorry this is so long, but I have needed to get this off of my chest, it's been bugging me since I first looked at the plans.

The Conundrum

I think its incredibly shortsigthed of Disney not to have a Wonderland area with the teacups and the alice dark ride from disneyland with meet and greets from the new film.

magicmaya

I think its incredibly shortsigthed of Disney not to have a Wonderland area with the teacups and the alice dark ride from disneyland with meet and greets from the new film.

I think I'm about to go to disneyland to play musical chairs with the mad hatter right now to say my last goodbyes to the orange costume. :cry::cry::cry:

jt04

I know this is a minor detail, but it's something I noticed looking at those plans. I don't know if anyone here has ever studied design, but the plans that are being proposed take up far more land than I think has been acknowledged here. Furthermore, the spacing seems unrealistic. The general space between Disney rides in Fantasyland is not that far, maybe a 50 foot walk from one to the other. This blueprint puts more than 100 feet between individual rides. Furthermore, the sizing seems unrealistic. The attractions that are actual rides seem awkwardly sized when set against the current attractions visible on the blueprint. There are also no floorplans for the new ride tracks, though in fairness that could be because the tracks are not finalized (though it seems silly to show a blueprint without knowing the specifications of everything you're putting in). The other "attractions" (aside from Ariel) are all very very tiny. We're talking queue line tiny. Compare, for example, the size of the Pooh waiting area on the blueprint and the Aurora attraction or the Cinderella one. Now, if these two attractions ended up being not rides but meet and greets, it is still illogical because there is no sense in Disney putting that much effort and time and money into a meet and greet. Ariel's meet and greet, you might argue, is very detailed, but it is not an entire area (which these ones would be) but rather a small area that was cheap and easy to theme (I mean, the pond was already there). Also, why would Disney make Cinderella's chateau when they could expand the castle and do a walk through for there? My point? These "blueprints" don't seem too official. I know I'm going to get attacked for this, but this has been bugging me for a while. Having studied design, these floorplans for the park seem very unrealistic and fantastical. Sorry this is so long, but I have needed to get this off of my chest, it's been bugging me since I first looked at the plans.

They could be faked, it's entirely possible. But they look real to me. And if they are faked then most of our "insiders" are in on the prank and I don't think they want their credibility on the line like that. Because nobody will ever be able to believe them again.

As for the scale, BatB/LM/Dumbo are large enough so as to be seperate lands. The M&G's are not designed as standard M&G's but rather immersive walk-throughs. My thought is that they are a single attraction spread out accross the land in small units but will function as one. I still think the Snow White building is a twin walk-through with retail and also a stage. That is not "extended queue" in the drawing, it is a platform for wheelchairs to view the show. It is these small details that make me think it is authentic. Time will tell!

bstiles

Could some of those attractions that involve the princesses actually go underground? Remember magic kingdom is 50ft above sea level, the only problem would be what is below there, i.e. utilidors, plumbing, electrical work, phil holmes secrect torture chamber:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom